Share your weird habits and rituals

Options

Replies

• MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of food in a rectangle/square format like lentils with rice, omelettes, toast, sandwiches. Anything that can be formed into a square shape basically. I just nibble and make it a square. My GF thinks it's adorable thank god. i just think i'm a freak. Not really even OCD just like it squares. Who knows.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Whevever I adjust the volume on the tv or radio I only do it in increments of 5. I can't stand to have it at like 18 or 22 it has to be at 20 or 25.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

This except I take about 30 mins.
    I also eat Swiss Rolls, Zebra Cakes and Reese's Cup outside in
    I can't stand having the microwave beep so I stop it a 0:01

Exactly! I bet we eat KitKat bars the same way also. ;)

How do you eat your Kit Kats??

Obviously I have to separate the pieces first.

1. Eat top layer
    2. Eat chocolate off all of the sides
    3. Take it apart layer by layer, scraping the filling off with my teeth as I go.

I always eat the third piece whole though, just for variety.

That's what I do w my nutty bars. I eat them by layers and scrape the peanut butter w my teeth. :laugh:

Yep I do the same thing with nutty bars! Kit Kats I eat whole :)
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    When I'm outside on a clear night, I talk to the moon and the stars. If there's a full moon, I'll get out of bed in the middle of the night just to stare at it and tell it how beautiful it is. :embarassed:
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options

I peel my banana then separate it into it's 3 sections (yes they are there) before eating it.

I eat the outside of the carrot first and then savor the inner core (yes, it also separates well).

I do the banana in 3 sections thing, not obsessively, but it's very satisfying. Plus it means the surface is fuzzy rather than slimy. I prefer bananas to be broken rather than cut, because I don't like the slimy texture when they're cut. Is that weird?

I used to do the carrot thing! How many people know the secret of the insides of carrots? They're delicately crunchy and sweeter than the outside. Also, when you separate them, they have knobbles like the trunk of a tree.

I am told I'm weird because I don't like "mushy food that shouldn't be mushy" but that I'm happy eating mushy food if it was meant to be like that. The most extreme example of this is wet bread - I cannot deal with wet bread - and bizarrely, I like bread and butter pudding if the bread is cut up small so it doesn't look like bread any more. But if it's cut in big slices, it looks like bread, and then it's mushy bread, and bread should not be mushy, and I can't STAND it.

For a similar reason I don't like wet vegetables to touch crunchy things like chips (fries) or fried fish. They'll make them soggy! They shouldn't be soggy!

To me this seems perfectly normal. Others disagree.

I think round food tastes better. Sometimes you get baking stalls where traybakes have been made in round foil containers rather than the usual squares or rectangles. I find myself strangely drawn to these.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I have another one that's hard to describe. After I grab my grocery bags, in the handles there's always a piece of plastic that I think is just under the handle-it's like another handle. Well, I always use my index finger to tear it off. Unless I have tons of bags, I do this. Don't-know-why.

Please explain the banana sections and how it's fuzzy, rather than slimy, when you do peel it into sections. I don't get it.

I want to redeem myself for the eating nutty bars in sections. The only peanut butter that I scrape off w my teeth is the pb on the chocolate/outside layer. Sometimes, I don't eat that part bc I'm going after the pb. Then, I will eat the inside layer w pb. There! Not so crazy, after all. :laugh:

I eat a lot of food in a rectangle/square format like lentils with rice, omelettes, toast, sandwiches. Anything that can be formed into a square shape basically. I just nibble and make it a square. My GF thinks it's adorable thank god. i just think i'm a freak. Not really even OCD just like it squares. Who knows.
    Yeahhh, you are OCD. Hate to tell ya. LOL.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate waking up at "normal" times...like 6:00, 6:15, 6:30 etc. It gets in my nerves, and I have no clue why. My alarm goes off at 6:12 every morning for work. It's set for 7:03am on Sundays.I think I must like the randomness of it?

I've only met a couple of people who are weird like that! :)
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a book sniffer.

Saaaaaaame.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I peel my banana then separate it into it's 3 sections (yes they are there) before eating it.

I eat the outside of the carrot first and then savor the inner core (yes, it also separates well).

I do the banana in 3 sections thing, not obsessively, but it's very satisfying. Plus it means the surface is fuzzy rather than slimy. I prefer bananas to be broken rather than cut, because I don't like the slimy texture when they're cut. Is that weird?

I used to do the carrot thing! How many people know the secret of the insides of carrots? They're delicately crunchy and sweeter than the outside. Also, when you separate them, they have knobbles like the trunk of a tree.

You're the first person I've ever heard of who knows the secret of the knobbles!! Love those knobbles! :heart:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    All of my books have to be facing the same way (front cover to the right) and they have to be in decending order. Tallest one to the left and shortest to the right.
    Also, I cannot mix "Themes".
    For example, I am one of Jehovahs Witnesses and as a result, I have a LOT of books on not only my own religion but on others as well.
    I have them all on what I call my "God Shelf". nothing except religous books are allowed on there.
    Cookbooks are the same way. I have a bunch of cookbooks and they also get their own place.
    My computer books go on the "Geek" shelf.

And my wife really doesn't care. She grabs a book and just puts it back any old place. I think she does this sometimes just to watch me rearrange everything for 30 minutes.
    IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    All of my books have to be facing the same way (front cover to the right) and they have to be in decending order. Tallest one to the left and shortest to the right.
    Also, I cannot mix "Themes".
    For example, I am one of Jehovahs Witnesses and as a result, I have a LOT of books on not only my own religion but on others as well.
    I have them all on what I call my "God Shelf". nothing except religous books are allowed on there.
    Cookbooks are the same way. I have a bunch of cookbooks and they also get their own place.
    My computer books go on the "Geek" shelf.

And my wife really doesn't care. She grabs a book and just puts it back any old place. I think she does this sometimes just to watch me rearrange everything for 30 minutes.
    IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!

I don't think that you're weird. You're just organized. I bet that you're very productive and efficient at work. (talking about myself, too) :laugh:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I only like the bottom 2/3rds of the candy corn. I throw the little white tops away.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    When doing my hair, I stand there trying to part it perfectly for at least 10 minutes. One hair out of place, I start over by flipping my hair over the front and re-parting it. Longest I've done this, for about 45 minutes. Not sure why, but fiance pointed it out the other day. I felt so bad for making him wait.. He got so bored waiting that he went to bed and fell asleep.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you're weird. You're just organized. I bet that you're very productive and efficient at work. (talking about myself, too) :laugh:

im pretty sure your weird thing is responding to a thread 5 times on one page. :flowerforyou:

in the morning, my deodorant swipes need to be the same number of times for each arm.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Can any one else do this?

I can set a clock in my head before I go to sleep for a specific time. Like 7:05 or something

the next day at that time i will snap awake.
  • Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I must pee right before falling asleep. If I don't fall asleep within about 5 minutes of getting into bed I must get up and go again. There are nights that I will do this 5 or 6 times before falling asleep.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    You guys are all weird. Whenever I make eggs I have to touch them to my forehead before breaking them. If anyone is around I will just pretend like I am scratching my head so they don't notice.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

I can set a clock in my head before I go to sleep for a specific time. Like 7:05 or something

Sometimes. Depends on how tired I am, really.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

I can sort of do this, but not to the exact minute. Pretty cool!