Is sugar more evil than fat?

Options
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2459915/Could-low-fat-diet-make-EVEN-FATTER-As-experts-question-conventional-wisdom-diets-extraordinary-results-mans-experiment.html

This is really worth taking a look at, especially if you have struggled with conventional dieting for years or perhaps have reached a plateau.

Hope it helps

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    that's like asking what is better
    vodka or whisky
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your body needs sugar and fat to function.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think that carbs, fat and protein all lead to obesity and should be avoided AT ALL COSTS!

Every single person who is fat has eaten carbs, fat and protein and every single person who has died has eaten carbs, fat and protein.

We need to get the word out!!!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    vodka or whisky

Vodka :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I think that carbs, fat and protein all lead to obesity and should be avoided AT ALL COSTS!

Every single person who is fat has eaten carbs, fat and protein and every single person who has died has eaten carbs, fat and protein.

You forget good person...they also LIIIIIVED. For a life without, is a life wasted!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    From the newspaper known as the Daily Fail :noway:

Watch these and then get kitten block to protect you from the ridiculous rantings of the Daily Fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTu7GLfrmUI

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/kitten-block/
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kitten-block/dicomhebenajaeajoaehlhebjjehjahd?hl=en-GB

You're welcome. :drinker:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2459915/Could-low-fat-diet-make-EVEN-FATTER-As-experts-question-conventional-wisdom-diets-extraordinary-results-mans-experiment.html

This is really worth taking a look at, especially if you have struggled with conventional dieting for years or perhaps have reached a plateau.

Hope it helps

Lol Feltham and uncontrolled n=1 garbarge

If you are familiar with overfeeding trials, fat makes you fatter than carbs/sugar, whoops
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why either one has to be evil. Surely there are better ways to think about and understand food.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the new devil. Well not new .. but it is definitely something that the food industry wants to hide from us.
  • bigbyrdie
    bigbyrdie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Your body needs sugar and fat to function.

glucose doesn't count cause it's a natty sugar, like high fructose corn syrup
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    vodka or whisky

No way. Whiskey is clearly better.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am down to 28 grams of sugar a day, and I am lucky because I really don't miss it. I used to eat tons of it. It has made a huge difference in my weight loss/ getting healthy goal. If you are going to have sugar, then have it but do not have all the fake stuff like equal or splenda, have sugar in the raw or pure stevia. Good Luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You forget good person...they also LIIIIIVED. For a life without, is a life wasted!
    But they also DIED! Imagine, we could all avoid dying if we didn't eat those things!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    vodka or whisky

No way. Whiskey is clearly better.

You have obviously had too much sugar and it has clouded your judgement. But let's share a drink anyway :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

But they also DIED! Imagine, we could all avoid dying if we didn't eat those things!

Wait, did you just stumble upon the fountain of youth? The key to eternity is nothing!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, and Protein are all inherently evil...don't eat any of them...you will die.

4399274+_b41c8f48001780fadea29d977b086592.jpg
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't give you anything in the way of nutrition. Fats generally do, unless they're trans fats, those are bad and should be avoided. I think having enough fat in my diet is a key component to why I've been able to control my hunger during my weight-loss journey. Sugar does NOT help you control your appetite, it does the opposite. For THAT reason, sugar should be avoided, not because it is inherently unhealthy or anything.
  • stellakhenizy
    Options
    Where I live its v difficult to get 'low fat' and low sugar versions
    of most things

so

I steer clear of most sugars (except those in fruit )

and

I eat full fat versions of most things but - cottage cheese, for example, I limit myself the amount
    I can eat

I am losing weight really well,
    It sure works for me !

The trouble with low-fat and low-fat foods is that people are
    often tempted to eat more fooling themselves that the
    food they are eating is somehow 'good for them'

:D
This discussion has been closed.