Is sugar more evil than fat?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think that carbs, fat and protein all lead to obesity and should be avoided AT ALL COSTS!

Every single person who is fat has eaten carbs, fat and protein and every single person who has died has eaten carbs, fat and protein.

We need to get the word out!!!!

You forget good person...they also LIIIIIVED. For a life without, is a life wasted!
    But they also DIED! Imagine, we could all avoid dying if we didn't eat those things!

Wait, did you just stumble upon the fountain of youth? The key to eternity is nothing!
    Immortality is possible if only we look at the things people who died have done and don't do those things. I know it.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    that's like asking what is better
    vodka or whisky

That's an easy one. Single malt whisky. No question about it!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Where I live its v difficult to get 'low fat' and low sugar versions
    of most things

so

I steer clear of most sugars (except those in fruit )

and

I eat full fat versions of most things but - cottage cheese, for example, I limit myself the amount
    I can eat

I am losing weight really well,
    It sure works for me !

The trouble with low-fat and low-fat foods is that people are
    often tempted to eat more fooling themselves that the
    food they are eating is somehow 'good for them'

:D

I wish the "low fat" myth would go away. I always do real butter and cream and such, I just watch the calories. Losin' like a champ! :bigsmile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Dear PrimalGirl,

I am sure you meant well.

But try again.

Because food is not 'evil'. Or maybe you were trying to give us a good Halloween scare?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If you're using the word 'evil' for anything food related, you're doing it wrong.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Why with the constant "This perfectly normal component of food is going to kill you!!" fearmongering threads?

By this logic, I should stop breathing because I'll die someday.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2459915/Could-low-fat-diet-make-EVEN-FATTER-As-experts-question-conventional-wisdom-diets-extraordinary-results-mans-experiment.html

This is really worth taking a look at, especially if you have struggled with conventional dieting for years or perhaps have reached a plateau.

Hope it helps

I was going to read it, but then I saw you're pointing me towards the dailymail and I didn't take the story seriously.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why with the constant "This perfectly normal component of food is going to kill you!!" fearmongering threads?

I'm glad someone gets it finally!

Everyone who has ever died BREATHED!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

Quick, get to the lab! Experiments must be done!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you're using the word 'evil' for anything food related, you're doing it wrong.
    Nicely put. :flowerforyou:

PS
    Apart from cauliflower - that really is evil.:devil:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    that's like asking what is better
    vodka or whisky

Vodka :drinker:

No way. Whiskey is clearly better.

You have obviously had too much sugar and it has clouded your judgement. But let's share a drink anyway :drinker:

:drinker: Thank goodness alcohol isn't evil!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am down to 28 grams of sugar a day, and I am lucky because I really don't miss it. I used to eat tons of it. It has made a huge difference in my weight loss/ getting healthy goal. If you are going to have sugar, then have it but do not have all the fake stuff like equal or splenda, have sugar in the raw or pure stevia. Good Luck!

Someone has a narrow definition of "sugar"
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nicely put. :flowerforyou:

PS
    Apart from cauliflower - that really is evil.:devil:

And Eggplant!!! EEWWW...........
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    respond-to-it.gif
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i love sugar and fat. i dont think either is evil... i think everything in moderation is fine...
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    The question is, which would make a better Halloween costume? Sugar would probably be easier for me because I don't own anything yellow. But I don't want to scare the kids too much.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

my mom and sister jump on board with all the health fads... from high fructose corn syrup, red food dye, glucose, dairy, fat, carbs... SUGAR... my god, eat a well balanced diet, your more than likely going to die someday, hopefully not me, but when you do, i bet sugar wont be the cause...
  • bumbledust
    Options
    I'm on a strict ketogenic diet (more for the massive health benefits it's giving me than the weight loss, though that's nice too), so my answer to this is a heck yes. Fat is my primary fuel source.

Small amounts of glucose are necessary for proper brain function (this can be gained from gluconeogenesis, though, so no need for carbs), but overall it is far more damaging than fat -- especially for people who have insulin issues. Sugar completely wrecked my health, fat is fixing it.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    For me, SUGAR IS TOTALLY EVIL!! When I get it into my system, my weight loss just stalls. Doesn't move. I'm currently trying to stay completely off the sugar. The weight comes off much faster and my skin is clearer and I don't have the urge to eat everything!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Quick, get to the lab! Experiments must be done!

Commence the needle poking and urine sampling!
This discussion has been closed.