Is sugar more evil than fat?

Options

Replies

• SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sugar causes type 2 diabetes. Fat does not.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Your body needs sugar and fat to function.

Not true. Your body needs fat to function and *maybe* natural sugars in their natural state (like fruit). Table sugar/granulated sugar is non-essential.

Right, hypoglycemia isn't a real thing nor is it dangerous

Is it not a real thing? No snark intended, I'm genuinely interested in this explanation. I was "diagnosed" hypoglycemic as a child, but never really had to do anything to manage it.
    Sarcasm font needed. :-)

It is a real thing.

lol, I fail at the internet today. :drinker:
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    that's like asking what is better
    vodka or whisky

Vodka :drinker:

No way. Whiskey is clearly better.

I never met an alcohol I didn't like. Except vodka. Vodka is evil.

what was the topic again? oh, never mind...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This apple im eating doesn't seem very evil.
    Did an old woman with a wart wearing a black cape give it to you, though?

Wait, are you watching me?!
    Always.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Just no.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

:laugh:

And I assume a person stuffing their face all the way to 300 pounds has nothing to do with it.
  • Zeal360
    Options
    Whisky.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    vodka or whisky

I never met an alcohol I didn't like. Except vodka. Vodka is evil.

what was the topic again? oh, never mind...

Technically neither have any sugar so hey...........guess what??? They are both better than sugar!!! :drinker:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    If loving sugar and fat is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

That would be a world without cake.

I cried a little.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    vodka or whisky

This. Jameson or Redbreast, please.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Not true. Your body needs fat to function and *maybe* natural sugars in their natural state (like fruit). Table sugar/granulated sugar is non-essential.

Is it not a real thing? No snark intended, I'm genuinely interested in this explanation. I was "diagnosed" hypoglycemic as a child, but never really had to do anything to manage it.

It is a real thing.

Hypogylcemia IS real, but I've had a doctor say that it wasn't. The doctor say it wasn't; he preferred to diagnose it as a "pre-diabetic state." Semantics...but, yes. It's definitely real. Anyone who has passed out from it, knows all too well that it doesn't matter what you call it, the condition is real.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    So, I can only eat protein?

In accordance to the post, no! Protein will contain fat. So maybe veggies with no carbs???

Edited to note my sarcasm!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some of you people desperately need to take a Biology class. Sugar and fat are essential to LIFE. They are not evil. YOUR irresponsible, excess consumption of them is what results in "evil" consequences. Cutting them completely out of your diet will only result in serious illness or death, and you would have nobody to blame but yourself. As with everything else, moderation is the key to safe and healthy living.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

:laugh:

And I assume a person stuffing their face all the way to 300 pounds has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I have a feeling that someone can develop type 2 without eating any refined sugars or even all that much of the unrefined version. I've a crazy suspicion that obesity in general is a much bigger cause of type 2 than 'evil' sugar.

Edit: typo
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    In my opinion (and from personal experience) I have noticed for myself sugar is the devil. Fat can be bad, too, but it really depends on the source. If it's from an avocado or nuts, I don't really have a problem with fat to be honest, if anything I found it gives me energy and if paired with protein actually suppresses my appetite to a point.
    However, sugar makes my appetite UNBEARABLE. Even natural sugars from fruits, in my opinion, should be limited to a degree. Yes, fruits are important, but don't force yourself to eat a bunch of them if you don't want to. Vegetables offer way more vitamins than most fruits, and they're usually lower in calories, too.
    But again, this is what I have found for myself to be true, everyone is different, and if you feel like you'll be more successful eating more sugar than fat, then best of luck to you!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

It is a real thing.

Hypogylcemia IS real, but I've had a doctor say that it wasn't. The doctor say it wasn't; he preferred to diagnose it as a "pre-diabetic state." Semantics...but, yes. It's definitely real. Anyone who has passed out from it, knows all too well that it doesn't matter what you call it, the condition is real.

Of course it's real. Has nothing to do with the topic under discussion though.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pre-diabetic myself (I have PCOS which makes me pre-diabetic.) I'm convinced that sugar is the devil. For me, more sugar= may not be able to get pregnant, weight gain, moodiness, and all the other nasty PCOS symptoms. Blech.

I eat fat all day long though. yay PB and avo!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    In my opinion (and from personal experience) I have noticed for myself sugar is the devil. Fat can be bad, too, but it really depends on the source. If it's from an avocado or nuts, I don't really have a problem with fat to be honest, if anything I found it gives me energy and if paired with protein actually suppresses my appetite to a point.
    However, sugar makes my appetite UNBEARABLE. Even natural sugars from fruits, in my opinion, should be limited to a degree. Yes, fruits are important, but don't force yourself to eat a bunch of them if you don't want to. Vegetables offer way more vitamins than most fruits, and they're usually lower in calories, too.
    But again, this is what I have found for myself to be true, everyone is different, and if you feel like you'll be more successful eating more sugar than fat, then best of luck to you!

DownloadedFile-3_zpsd0ff232b.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.