cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Take magnesium
  • Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try some castor oil, one tablespoon a day!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    go and see a doc
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    www.flushtracker.com

haha
  • jenster183
    Options
    I saw my MD for this and all they recommend is fiber, miralax and a colonoscopy. Fiber will make you worse if you are constipated, miralax can be habit forming and a colonoscopy doesn't always find a problem. Make sure you are drinking a pure form of water like Kangen water or distilled. Stay away from tap and bottled. A low ph is acidic and kills good gut bacteria. Start probiotics in pill form or homemade, this will increase good bacteria and help your digestion improve. Also, pasteurized products cause gastro problems so look into buying real raw products. You can take magnesium supplements also, will help naturally with constipation. Hope this helps! Good luck..
  • redmondrhonda
    Options
    Yes, 2 -3 movements a day - can all happen in the same 15 - 20 minute period or at different times throughout the day.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    i eat around 1500 calories a day of literally 99% healthy things, the ONLY things that i eat that arent healthy are non greek yogurt, salad dressing, and im iffy on my honey wheat bread too..

i lift 5x a week and do cardio 3x a week as well as a wii workout game 5x a week

i drink 3 glasses of green tea and atleast 15 glasses of water per day

i eat a ton of fiber

i take digestive enzymes with all of my meals and recently i started taking miralax 2x a day
    and NOTHING!

but its not like constipation.. i'm not cramping or anything im just SUPER bloated 24/7 even right when i wake up and i have NO urge to poop at all.. i dont ever feel like i have to..

i poop maybe 3x a MONTH!
    and i havent lost any weight in 4 months because of it

its really discouraging and my weight loss efforts arent paying off because of it..

any advice?! idk what to do!

PS: i USED to eat only 800-1200 calories a day and did that for about a year.. could i have ruined my metabolism?

I haven't read all the responses, but one thing is almost sure to work: magnesium. The side effect of too much magnesium is loose bowels/diarrhea. Milk of magnesia or magnesium capsules.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut works really well!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, sister. I've been there! Best advice I've EVER gotten for my health is to try Natural Calm. Check it out on Amazon. It's relatively cheap considering the benefits. I take it every night in warm water. Every person that I have recommended this to has come back to thank me profusely. After over 30 years struggling with this issue, I never do now. Have been taking for a couple years, every night. It's basically a magnesium supplement which will also help your muscles to relax. Another supplement that has saved me from the awful pain of bloated lower belly is Digestive Advantage. The one for gas. I also get this from Amazon. Best of luck to you!
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Coffee-Makes-Me-Poop.jpg

True story! (first thing that came to mind) :drinker:

But I agree with everyone else; time to talk to your doctor. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

HAHAHA I was gonna say the same thing about coffee! But yes.....see a doc right away....that isn't normal and can possibly be dangerous to your health. Poop is our body's way of getting rid of toxins and other crap (pun intended!) our body doesn't need. This may be a sign that something is not working right in your body so I would see your doc as soon as you can!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If nothing works..... my go to is
    coffee from Mc****s and then coffee from Tim Hortons.... its a for sure thing
  • TheSwoleMinister
    TheSwoleMinister Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am appalled that this has 8 pages of replies. Wow.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I hope OP found relief, cause this post is from November. If not, then...
    holy-crap-gif.7803
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My evening has been ruined by not knowing if OP has pooped or not yet. FML.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a question for your doctor.

^^ This

also - are you getting enough fat in your diet? It's as important as fiber. It helps... lubricate the system.

this
    Again, this. More fat until you can see the doc, it won't hurt. But definitely see a doc.

And yes 2-3 times daily sounds fine to me for bowel movements.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    prune juice
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Before this thread, I had no idea women pooped.
    and /thread

Well played, sir...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the OP has pooped by now....If nit, well never mind.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I think you should PM her. srs
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I think you should PM her. srs

I'm actually considering it. How would one word such a missive?