cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of castor oil, some warm tea and a grapfruit. You'll be good to go!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is Psyllogel, I rarely take laxatives as they give you an addiction after a bit, I try to carefully watch my fiber intake (I'm always over here on MFP), I try to drink a lot and such things. I'd like to know the cause too but I haven't asked a doctor yet. I've always been like this.
    Also, it's getting a bit easier now that I'm eating 1780 kcals and bigger amounts of food. It was harder when I was on 1200-1400.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My husbands doctor recommended Miralax.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Considering OP posted this in November, let's all hope she's pooped by now.

Agreed. Plus, who says poopin' 2-3 times a day is bad?
  • Lauren4974
    Lauren4974 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    get some miralax (sp?). it's what they tell you to buy to prepare for a colonoscopy. Walmart, Walgreens, Dillons, any drug store carries it. It's just a white powder you mix into liquid. No taste to it unlike the milk of magnesia or anything like that. Mix a bit of it with some water and within an hour you'll be pooping. Believe me!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    smoke a cigarette.
  • angelsom
    angelsom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and still do. What works for me is Miralax once or twice a day. I also recommend using a infant glycerin suppository. I have had a hysterectomy and I have a tilted pelvis as well as a rectocel. Basically I have nerve damage and any swelling can cause it to narrow. I don't like anything that might make me have cramps or the runs. I also can't handle bad gas that some meds can give you. The most simple thing is to start with miralax in a 30 oz glass of flavored drink. That way it's with a lot of fluid. Then use the suppository. Walk around and bend over move your tummy around and you should have the ability to have a smooth emptying. Let me know if it works.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    try a different brand of laxative and maybe a cup of coffee. not the healthiest but it should work.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    did you POOP?:wink:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You eat a TON of fibre - Maybe that's your problem........!

Drink tons of water to help flush things out

Try prune juice or black coffee

Sounds like your all bunged up - Try a colonic irrigation, Might get you back to being 'regular' as you say

Also see your doctor about this problem
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    More beans, pork and rice!

A cigarette or chewing tobacco now and again!

Just seriously pound water for a while!

Drink some high-octaine coffee! I always thought a huge coffee with a shot of espresso and some soy milk tended to work wonders on my system.

Best of luck. I know too many people who suffer from this.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    MY DEAR - YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR..... I WOULD GO TO THE E.R. ASAP!!!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

A healthy pooper can go once a day or once every couple of days. Maybe YOU poop three times a day, but that seems higher than average.

But yes, I agree that 3 times a month requires a visit doctor.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    BLUF: Go see your doctor ASAP.

Not trying to scare you but this is clearly a situation that you need to go to your doctor with. Take a complete log of everything you eat and drink, as well as all supplements that you take. As well, log how often you do have a BM, the way you feel, everything! Leave nothing off the log so you don’t forget to mention it when your there.

Unless you’re taking the digestive enzymes for medical reasons maybe you should hold off on those until you get in to the Dr’s.
    I wish you the best, believe me I know your pain; I had a severe injury to the abdomen and have had to have multiple surgeries to repair it. It took a while to get back to a resemblance of regularity, it was at best unpleasant to downright painful at times and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. So please go see your doctor ASAP.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Not trying to scare you but this is clearly a situation that you need to go to your doctor with. Take a complete log of everything you eat and drink, as well as all supplements that you take. As well, log how often you do have a BM, the way you feel, everything! Leave nothing off the log so you don’t forget to mention it when your there.

Unless you’re taking the digestive enzymes for medical reasons maybe you should hold off on those until you get in to the Dr’s.
    I wish you the best, believe me I know your pain; I had a severe injury to the abdomen and have had to have multiple surgeries to repair it. It took a while to get back to a resemblance of regularity, it was at best unpleasant to downright painful at times and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. So please go see your doctor ASAP.

It's been five months... they either pooped, or exploded.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options

It's been five months... they either pooped, or exploded.

haha, exactly. did anyone notice that OP was posted in 2013. ;)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Considering OP posted this in November, let's all hope she's pooped by now.

What would actually happen to your body if you went 4 months without pooping? Would you really explode? What would it feel like even to go that long?

I don't think you could go that long without pooping. I'm pretty sure it just backs up and causes major issues -- tears the bowel, small intestine, etc. I knew someone who didn't poop for something like 12-15 days. Feces backed up into his stomach and he was vomiting feces. At that point, he went into emergency surgery. Turns out he had colon cancer and a complete obstruction of his bowel at that point.
  • jackies_42
    jackies_42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Magnesium tablets will help and they won't hurt you. Probably the same as milk of magnesia.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Although this is super old and I'm sure you've probably pooped a hundred times since November, the next time you get backed up try drinking Natural Calm. If that doesn't get you moving, nothing will. The raspberry lemon flavor is good.