cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    My evening has been ruined by not knowing if OP has pooped or not yet. FML.

I think you should PM her. srs

I'm actually considering it. How would one word such a missive?

Hey, there...
    Saw your thread here: (link to this thread) and I was wondering if your poo-choo ever left the station.
    Hit me up if you're still alive.
    Thanks a buttload.
    (your name here)
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Prunes help me!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    talk to your doctor, but in the meantime, some natural ways to get the flow going:
    milk thistle supplement (helps to eliminate fat around your liver, makes you poop
    drinking 1/4c to 1/2 cup of aloe. aloe makes the lining of the colon slippery
    drink Green "Dieter's Tea" or if you can't find that, a tea containing Senna leaf. Natural laxative.
    If you can stomach it, drink 24-36 oz of warm salted water. It goes right through you, and brings everything with it. It's gross, makes me nauseous, but it's highly effective.
    and never underestimate the power of prunes !
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Those magnesium supplements that you take for vitamins make you go. I hate it, because they help my migraines and I don't want to have to run to the restroom :D But they sound good for you :) I was taking 400mg, which may be the RDA (not sure).

^^^^ Sooooo much this!!!! I take 2 pills at night and one every morning, for a total of 1200mg per day. Most people I know that have tried it for constipation only take one a day, but I have a sloooowwwwww gut.:(
    And yes, make sure you've been checked out by your Dr!!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anyone suggest anal????
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Sounds like a question for your doctor.

yes
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    When all else fails...stick a little finger in it and dig it out!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    One word.
    Doctor?????

what the frig.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Sugar free candy

OR

HARIBO Teddy Bears (look it up and read the reviews...you will be dying laughing!)
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    If it's not a medical condition, it's very very likely caused by your unhealthy eating habit. Eat fruits and veggies! Eatint unhealthy reeeeeally slows down your metabolism. If it takes you 2-3 days to digest food - try to focus on eating LOTS of fruits and veggies everyday. You might have to poop twice a day (which IS healthy, though not a lot of people do it). ;)
  • pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eat more. And go to the docs.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

2-3 times per day???? No that doesn't seem normal either....

YUP, true story! Ask your doc!!!

that's what my doc told me, too!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I would try Kombucha, Magnesium, and coffee
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    When all else fails...stick a little finger in it and dig it out!
    :sick: :sick:
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Considering OP posted this in November, let's all hope she's pooped by now.
  • joshkirk06
    Options
    1. Could be a serious GI problem, but if you aren't sick chances are it's not.

2. Eat Harbro sugar free gummie bears, this is no joke. People talk about these as a gag gift, or a joke to give to people but it really works as a great cleanser. I've used them and I've had plenty of friends who have used them for the same thing. I had to see a GI doctor while in Afghanistan for some liver issue, thats what they gave me as a system cleanser. It works!
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    1. Could be a serious GI problem, but if you aren't sick chances are it's not.

2. Eat Harbro sugar free gummie bears, this is no joke. People talk about these as a gag gift, or a joke to give to people but it really works as a great cleanser. I've used them and I've had plenty of friends who have used them for the same thing. I had to see a GI doctor while in Afghanistan for some liver issue, thats what they gave me as a system cleanser. It works!

I think the gummi bears work because they have sugar alcohols as the sweetener (like a lot of diabetic candies/chocolate). And most will start to get stomach cramps/diarrhea after 20 g of sugar alcohol. I'm not sure if this is the best approach.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    "Gummy bear therapy" is referring to this...

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC

If you read the reviews, you'll understand.
  • Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Two words: Magnesium Citrate

I take this when I am having any issues....I have been having issues due to high protein intake which can block you up especially if you aren't getting tons of fiber...how much fiber are you getting each day, and is it coming from fruits and veggies or its it coming from fiber supplements...( actual greens and fruits help me go better that the fiber supplement which can sometimes make it worse.)

Definitely see your doctor though
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Enough said...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe-WmbHyr4N9Xh0G2JdV9LfhHEFAk-oUVEtyRW6TIpl_UVtAyQ