cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

2-3 times per day???? No that doesn't seem normal either....

This is exactly what I was thinking. Once a day had always been my norm and since MFP it's gone to about 5 times a week which is still normal according to anything I've ever read.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Give miralax a try....

How much fiber do you consume daily??

prolly over 35 gr a day could cause you some issues.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I use the ICY/HOT trick. First thing in the morning...the VERY FIRST thing, I drink 8-10 ounces ICE WATER followed immediately by a cup of something VERY HOT! There is something about that temperature differential that has me "being regular" within about a half an hour.
  • HeavyHilda
    Options
    What she said, it's flat out bad to not even go once a day - that is how people get diseases. Think of food left out that long (sorry to get graphic but trying to make a valid point).

Take a look at babies, they go at least 3 x's a day! Not saying you need to be sitting on the pot all day but don't let this issue go without doing something about it.

Since adding a good probiotic and occasional aloe vera juice my pipes work great. WALMART PROBIOTICS DON'T WORK! Sry to shout, just getting appoint across. Find a health food store and get the probiotics in the refrigerator dept. A good "live" probiotic will needed to be kept in the fridge and strong - yogurt will not do it alone if you have let it get this far.

As far as the aloe vera juice, I can tell you that the brand "Georges" doesn't taste bad at all, actually it just taste like water and works by the next morning. Usually 1 oz is all it would take.

Good luck!
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had an oppostie effect with digestive enzymes..the bloating was really bad. I too have had constipation problems. Prunes are working great with me!! ..I eat 5 pitted prunes every evening. Hope this helps :)
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I just read this whole thread, then went for a nice big poop. Number 2 of the three for today :smile:
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    doctor please
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the answers so forgive me if this is a repeat....

When my mother (who is constipated all the time) went for a colonoscopy, they gave her Magnesium citrate & an home enema kit that cleaned her out so well we buy the same thing for her about once a month.

Her doctor also told her that she should be going at least once a day.

You may have some kind of blockage, you should see your doctor.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Everyone says 'talk to a doctor' and I can only agree.

BTW, on "once a day, twice a day, be NORMAL" well, my body's "normal" schedule is about twice a week. I've discussed with my doctor, his nurse, and a couple of past doctors. They all agree that so long as I am not constipated or in pain, and since I don't take the dreaded "hour long dumps" discussed in this thread, that it's just my body's regular cycle. Obviously, OP has some sort of gastro intestinal issue, but I would certainly hesitate to call anyone who skips a day without going twosies "abnormal".
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry I bumped this thread... lol
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Bowel issues outside of diet and basic interventions: Talk to your doctor.

You could have thyroid issues, immune issues, blockage issues.. There are a LOT of reasons that your GI slows down to the point of not putting anything out, and you really should talk to a doctor and have some panels done to rule out medical.

Good luck!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

2-3 times per day???? No that doesn't seem normal either....

It can be perfectly normal. Regularity is what's important, if you poop thrice a day, or take a massive dump every three days, it doesn't matter, as long as it's a regular schedule.

People can poop as often as 2-3 times a day, or once every three days. The key isn't "regularity" so much as "consistency" and "lack of difficulty".

If you're going three times a day that's fine, but if it's liquid and accompanied with signs of GI distress and lack of absorption, that's bad. Every three days is fine, unless you're straining or it's painful and accompanied by pain or bloating.

The key to "healthy" functioning is regularity and consistently, as well as absence of other dysfunctions, like bloating or pain. People have all kind of "normal" patterns; the key to different patterns being healthy is lack of dysfunction, not how many times or how often.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Prunes

Prune juice

Coffee

For some strange reason grapes and peanut butter always makes me go.

You haven't been eating a lot of eggs recently have you as they tend to stop you from going, Maybe eating too much fibre???
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

not exactly true...I go every other day or sometimes its 2-3 days between...my doctor says that is fine...normal is whatever your body does...I can relate to her...I have had months where I go maybe once a week...so 4 x a month ....

please see your doctor and ask....I don't get swollen or bloated...so that would be a concern....
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Wrong!

You can be just fine going every other day, once a day, or multiple times a day. Those quacks selling colon cleanses are the only ones who say it's not normal to go less than 2x per day.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I have the same problem-I was eating very low intake in calories- to lose my weight-and I did lose I also lift and cardio-I went 2 months ago to a nututsist and she said I messed my system up-so now I am eating more-still don't go with bowels a lot-so I know the feeling-I go see her every 2 weeks-she said I was starving my system-I go with my bowels maybe 2 times aweek-which I am also trying to get my system back-I was only eating les then 800 calories for 5 years-so now I eat 1200-and lots of veg and fiber and protein-if you like feel free to add me:)
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I've ordered a bag to give to someone at Christmas....
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I scanned the entire thread...cuz I am bored. Did the op ever poop? I need to know you're ok !
  • down2us
    Options
    I would run to my doctor if I was always bloated and uncomfortable. Why suffer?

I usually start my day with 1 tbsp olive oil in a glass of orange juice. An hour later, yoghurt with wheat bran or similar with more fibres. If I'm in a good mood, I top with 1/2 banana, raisins and honey (always one spoon a day, usually in a cup of tea).