cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. You may have a serious issue.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. You may have a serious issue.

Do this for sure.

In the meantime, drink a large sugared soda in about 30 minutes. See if that helps some for temporary relief.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about that. I think all the water in the bowel gets absorbed by the lining of the bowel walls and then excreted as urine or moisture in the breath?

:sick:

It's cleaned first! We got our own little sewage system going on... :bigsmile:
  • aimtolose140
    aimtolose140 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    take one of your cups of green tea in one hand and a dessert spoonful of olive oil in the other

take the olive oil as if it's cough mixture, followed quickly by the green tea to wash it down.

do this 3 or 4 times - nobody needs more than 2 tablespoons full (that's 4dessert spoons).

This will shift the most blocked of 'personal drains' overnight.

as it's a natural product there is no reason why you should not do this on a daily basis, but you won't need much in that case!!

:drinker:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i eat around 1500 calories a day of literally 99% healthy things, the ONLY things that i eat that arent healthy are non greek yogurt, salad dressing, and im iffy on my honey wheat bread too..

i lift 5x a week and do cardio 3x a week as well as a wii workout game 5x a week

i drink 3 glasses of green tea and atleast 15 glasses of water per day

i eat a ton of fiber

i take digestive enzymes with all of my meals and recently i started taking miralax 2x a day
    and NOTHING!

but its not like constipation.. i'm not cramping or anything im just SUPER bloated 24/7 even right when i wake up and i have NO urge to poop at all.. i dont ever feel like i have to..

i poop maybe 3x a MONTH!
    and i havent lost any weight in 4 months because of it

its really discouraging and my weight loss efforts arent paying off because of it..

any advice?! idk what to do!

PS: i USED to eat only 800-1200 calories a day and did that for about a year.. could i have ruined my metabolism?

The last part of this .. the "P.S." part ... makes me wonder ... Have you ever used (abused) laxatives in the past? Overuse of laxatives (the stimulant kind) can impair normal bowl function (peristalsis) ... Just a thought ...

ETA: I thought this was already made abundantly clear, but seeing as you are getting some really messed up advice (use enemas and do x, it makes me poop, it will make you poop, too ... BUZZER ... ERERER ... NO ...) , it bears repeating ... GO TO THE DOCTOR!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hot prune juice mixed with 30cc of milk of mag.. Stay close to the bathroom.. You'll feel better.. Start on miralax 17gm mixed in 8oz of water 1-2x daily. You should be regular and feel better..
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of water at the time you get up in the morning and that should do it! Prunes are fantastic too! Good luck! Boy if I dont poop Im a grumpy person!
  • DevotedOne9
    DevotedOne9 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Miralax. You can buy it over the counter. It won't give you cramps like the usual laxatives. Take it every day at first, then every other day once things become normal. I really don't think the generic worked as well with my daughter, even though it says it's the same active ingredients.
  • sunqween21
    Options
    If you have seriously tried everything (I suggest mixing miralax w/ apple juice and drinking a glass of that every single day for a week and if there is no improvement you need to get to your doctor ASAP!!) then you need to go to your doctor immediately. This is very serious. If not taken care of you could end up in the hospital very sick.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Whenever I run into that issue, i seriously eat mcdonalds. And I go about an hour or two later. Trust me on this one!
    LOL, Mcd's wraps sends me flying to the bathroom...whats up with their food?
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You need to see a Dr. Only pooping 3x per month is not healthy or normal. While some of these replies are good suggestions they are just quick fixes and you need to get to the root of the problem and not just temporarily mask it. You could have a parasite or food allergies that are causing you to be backed up. Definitely consult with a Dr!
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok. I agree with a lot of people here on the go to your doctor front. But I am not so much agreeing with some of the other advice. Please dont go messing with laxatives/enemas/fat bombing your body. If you have a condition like diverticulitus for instance.. you could just make things worse and end up in hospital. (speaking from experience) so please. Go see your doctor.
  • andekat
    andekat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had this problem this EXACT problem this past summer and after unsuccessful trips to the doctor (and a colonoscopy!) I ended up "curing" myself by adjusting just a few daily items. Try these for one month and let us know how you feel afterwards!

1.) Add flax seeds, hemp powder, and/or chia seeds to your food every day. I add them to smoothies, quinoa, yogurt, etc.
    2.) Take a daily pro-biotic vitamin. I use the ones from Trader Joes and Whole Foods.
    3.) Cut dairy from your diet or reduce your dairy intake. If you like yogurt and cheese like I do, use Stonyfield- its non dairy based. I would also make the switch to soy milk.
    4.) Cut back on coffee- do not rely on coffee to make you regular. Continue to drink green tea.

Hopefully those simple items will work for you!

Katie
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    please stop drinking the green tea call your doctor.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way until I was recommended by a health professional to start with 4 (400mg) of MAGNESIUM. I now take 2 EVERY day & go EVERY day! The brand is by Nature Made and are liquid softgel. The softgel (oil) work the best. Once you start going everyday cut back to 1 or 2 everyday. I take mine in early evening so I go in the morning! I am 54 yrs old & have had this issue for as long as I can remember. I can say now "thank GOD for magnesium!".
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...with advice to eat more fat...avocados, coconut oil, butter, etc...

...and to see how a thread about pooping made it 5 pages already.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

2-3 times per day???? No that doesn't seem normal either....

That is what my doctor told me when I had to go in for tests and had a colonoscopy done while I was having bowel problems.

Actually its anywhere from every 3 days to 3 times a day.
  • emo1124
    Options
    Go to your doctor go to your doctor go to your doctor!!!! :) I'm not a doctor, but I'm a medical student, and I've had problems with this before, so I'll try to offer some minor suggestions, but really, GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

Are you taking any supplements with iron in them? that can cause you to be bound up. You could also be really dehydrated.

I have definitely had prolonged periods where I only pooped once a week, so that's like 4-5 times a month, so I know that can be "normal" for some people -- people tend to get freaked out by this if it's never happened to them. My doctor said that maybe I just needed to be eating more fiber than the normal person. But it's not comfortable, at all. You could be really stressed, that does it too.

In all likelihood, it's probably not a serious problem, but you should go to your doctor, because if you've been a regular pooper all your life and this is a new development, something may have changed in your body. You'll make yourself feel a lot better if you go see them. And maybe they can do something for you to get you back to your normal baseline.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    One pint of draft beer
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Before this thread, I had no idea women pooped.