cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Shakeology will keep you regular! I've been drinking it for almost 16 months now. Feel free to friend me here.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

She needs a doctor, not your crappy shake.
  • LynnMarie497
    Options
    This can be serious so you really need to see your doctor and talk to them about trying warm prune juice. It seems to work pretty good for me when nothing else works as long as I can get it down, I hate prunes.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Time for a doc appointment!!! Seriously... we are all amateurs here... go get professional help on this one!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of protein powder? I know that makes me constipated.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Coffee-Makes-Me-Poop.jpg

True story! (first thing that came to mind) :drinker:

But I agree with everyone else; time to talk to your doctor. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

Me too! I remember when I first started with C4 it caused like 2-3 bowel movements, lol!!

Anyway, if I was that worried about pooping I'd take some probiotics (pearls) and make an appt.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    Shakeology will keep you regular! I've been drinking it for almost 16 months now. Feel free to friend me here.

Protein powder actually makes the problem worse. Not helpful.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    Options
    Eat some serious amounts of fat in your diet for a couple days. Problem solved.

All the fiber and water in the world won't make you regular if you're not getting enough fat in your diet. For an immediate fix, eat one really greasy chili dog or equivalent and you'll be lucky to even make the drive home before having to stop for a restroom.

This isn't good advice. While fat does help lubricate things it can also cause Pancreatitis in large amounts, as well as gall bladder problems.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Are you on any medications that might be causing this? At any rate: Your magnesium levels might be low. Try taking one 250 mg pill at night and see what happens. If nothing, take 500 the next night. If nothing, take 750. And so on, until you can poop. Than play with what dose makes your regular. It is a natural stool softener, and much more pleasant than drinking milk of magnesia (urg) and is good for your muscles as well. Also kills chocolate cravings, which can happen if you are low in it.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    GASTROENTEROLOGIST
    Run, ASAP. If you do not poop every other day, then that's not normal. BTW, overuse of laxatives also cause constipation.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/constipation/DS00063/DSECTION=causes
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This was me until I got diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Celiac made me so constipated it wasn't funny... and at times it was painful. See your doctor....
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Protein powder actually makes the problem worse. Not helpful.

:huh: OMG, are you trying to push your product on someone who clearly has a medical problem???
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor or go to a walk in clinic today. Sometimes, pain meds, other meds, and lots of protein will plug you up. Try some stool softeners with lots of fluid. Sounds like you're impacted, which isn't a good thing at all. Don't wait this long if it happens again. If you haven't gone in 3-4 days, get some help next time.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I did not read the whole thread but I would recommend Magnesium. Start with one and if that does not work trie two and so on. This WILL work.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

Not true. You can poop as little as once a week and still be in normal range..
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Minimum is once every three days. Once a week is NOT normal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Translation:

Shakeology will fix all your problems in life. I've been suckered into their sales tactics and need someone to sell it to so I can get my discount. Feel free to be my coupon.

5658560637_149decff5c_o1.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Minimum is once every three days. Once a week is NOT normal.

IN for the debate on how many weekly/daily/hourly/monthly/annual poops is "normal".
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    omg, this is the first thing I saw this a.m. Well, the urge to LOL, but it isn't funny really I know. Apple cider vinegar can get things moving, about a tbsp, and enough water to camoflage the taste if you can't handle it;)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Whenever I run into that issue, i seriously eat mcdonalds. And I go about an hour or two later. Trust me on this one!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a log-jam too:( I just read the rest of your post. I'd see a doctor if you drink all that water, and fiber too?? Why did you wait so long? nevermind:(