Women in relationships aren't allowed to have male friends?

Options

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    thank you mustafa.

And today's lesson on how to use the quote button is bought to you by the letters "D" "O" and "H" and the number 12....

Good lord, I buggered that up as well...
    hahah its ok playa......

This thread is so entertaining it has kept me from my lunch.

And banging my female friend whom I am meeting for said lunch.

This is unheard of!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Because women are the weaker gender and they cannot be trusted with their feelings. Who knows when feelings will overwhelm you and you will jump on that "friend". There is a reason all women are strictly prohibited from talking to men or even showing their face/bodies in the middle east.

Really hoping this is sarcastic otherwise there are going to be some serious arguments on this thread.....

Seriously though, I think it's your friends and the people around them. Women are "slutty" if they shag everything in sight. Even then, if they're single I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Women are not slutty because they happen to have male friends. That would be silly. I think your female friends are being ridiculous. And also it's none of their business.

However, feelings of jealousy in relationships do not necessarily lead to bad things. If your boyf is jealous, tell him (gently) he's an idot and you're just friends and there's no need for him to worry. He might continue to *feel* jealous, which IMO is forgivable; how he acts on those feelings is what matters. If he uses his head to say "nope, I'm being silly" and deals with it himself then that's cool. If he tries to stop you seeing your friend then that's not cool.

If that friend is an ex.... you may need to discuss it further.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit old-school when it comes to what is deemed appropriate. I have had female friends, but I did try to make sure that when we were hanging out, it was in a group or that my wife was present. Even when things are completely platonic and the significant other is secure with it, from the outside it can appear otherwise. Why deal with the whispers and accusations?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Soooo that one chick seems to be in complete denial of that fact that all she would of had to do was offer and he would of taken it. You guys are naive. Like talking to highschoolers.
    Reminds me of that "gas is 4$ and you think he drove over because he wants to be friends"?
    what is "would of"?
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have male friends, my husband has female friends. The only time there is an issue is if one of the friends steps over a line. Or, if I get the gut feeling that the female is up to no good. That is different.

Before we were married, my husband was my best friend, and I his. If anyone I dated got funny about our friendship, they were told to pound sand. His friendship meant way more than a casual relationship ever would. Guess we now know why. :-)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Where did the OP go?
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    They are if their partner is secure enough or isn't of the caveman mind that men and women can't be friends. Also, if you are doing anything that you couldn't tell your partner or you are hiding things from him or her then, no, you shouldn't be friends with that person.
  • dianneharris980
    Options
    Wow! there are so many things I could say, but..... I will limit my comment to this. If the man does not trust me - I do not want him. It means that he can not be trusted and if I can not trust him, I do not want him. BTW, I find it interesting how you defined a relationship. To the majority of adults out there, I think, a relationship has to include being faithful (or being expected to be faithful) sexually.

Be secure in yourself and never let another person define who you are or who your friends can be.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Half of your responses are just random assumptions that have almost nothing to do with the topic at hand. Try to respond with something real, not your "I took psychology 101 in college" bull****.

News flash
    My mother has a Phd in psychology, DING DING DING

Try again kiddos

Obvious proof that intelligence isn't inherited...
  • dianneharris980
    Options
    Because women are the weaker gender and they cannot be trusted with their feelings. Who knows when feelings will overwhelm you and you will jump on that "friend". There is a reason all women are strictly prohibited from talking to men or even showing their face/bodies in the middle east.
  • dianneharris980
    Options
    BE STRONG & BE YOURSELF!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    This is still going? Did the bad man take someone else to prom and make you angry and hateful and spiteful because of it?