Running - Ladies, do you wear underwear under your spandex?

Options

Replies

• Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    tuulikki30 wrote: »
    I always wear underwear, just in case I get hit by a car or something while out running. What would the paramedics think lol? :smile:

As a retired paramedic, the lack of underwear wouldn't even register on my gaff meter. You would not believe the things I've seen. :laugh:

As for the underwear question, nope, I don't wear 'em.

LOL!!! I get you there, I work medical too and no underwear is often a thing!! :-)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    korrinef wrote: »
    I wear Smarty Pants underwear under all my workout gear. They're boy cut (longer leg), super comfy and wicking. Can't stand going commando... (NSFW)

To Others: Thongs while working out? Ugh...

:+1: for the Smarty Pants recommendation. I'll have to check those out! http://www.smartypantsunderwear.com/
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If I am wearing spandex etc, yes, if I am wearing looser shorts with a built in liner, nope.
    I have noticed a lot of women in very thin workout pants showing rather more than perhaps they are aware of when they are bending over or doing various stretches.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can't wear thongs, I'm forever trying to pull them out of my butt, which obviously is a fruitless exercise ha ha they are so uncomfortable and fugly
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Moisture-wicking seamless hipster cut undies work great for me.
    ....for me as well...
    7bp7bvwxbhwn.gif

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    Moisture-wicking seamless hipster cut undies work great for me.
    ....for me as well...
    7bp7bvwxbhwn.gif

Lol! I usually wear M&s no vpl underwear but like the thought of the smartypants ones. Not sure they are available here
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No panties
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No spandex. Way too fat for that. Egads. Not really a spandex kind of girl, anyway.

Yes, underwear...and clean, because my mother pounded it into our heads. If you get hit by a car, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that the people at the hospital do NOT see you in dirty underwear.

I wonder if mothers still say that. It's so silly!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nope. Good quality spandex are designed to be worn without them.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »

:+1: for the Smarty Pants recommendation. I'll have to check those out! http://www.smartypantsunderwear.com/

Those look great, but holy CRAP they're pricey!! $24 for a pair of grundies is WAY outta my budget.

I went to the Under Armor store today and got something similar for $12, I've not tried them yet, but no way can I pay that!

(and I've been wearing granny panties)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    No
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    tuulikki30 wrote: »
    I always wear underwear, just in case I get hit by a car or something while out running. What would the paramedics think lol? :smile:

As a retired paramedic, the lack of underwear wouldn't even register on my gaff meter. You would not believe the things I've seen. :laugh:

As for the underwear question, nope, I don't wear 'em.

LOL! My first thought was, as a paramedic, I am going to be cutting your clothes off anyway if you have been hit by a car and are seriously hurt.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    ramsx1991 wrote: »
    I feel very strange with no panties on lol... I always wear them! I do know some people who don't.
    ^^^^^^^^^ +1
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    LOL this thread is cracking me up. And strangely, I feel relieved that I don't have to worry about the paramedics checking out my underwear situation if I get hit by a car.

I wear a thong. The thought of no undies while running makes me feel naughty.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Once I saw an instructor with semi-transparent white running tights with a VERY white thong underneath. It literally lit up a Y-shape pointing toward her *****. I'm all for celebrating good looks:) But it kinda looked a bit too self-conscious, probably a great view for the male population, he-he.

Personally I prefer thongs in neutral colors matching my compression tights. But whatever works for you, hon:)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any...........Opps!

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nope. Good quality spandex are designed to be worn without them.

This times 1000. I hate bunched up undies when I'm trying to get my run on.
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    Options
    It's a rare day that I have underwear on 5 minutes after I walk in my front door (I immediately get into yoga pants or leggings), and I definitely don't wear any while working out.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    g0mo9ogr504y.jpg
    Im just going to leave this here......... ;)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder. Just what is it with 2XU women's compression shorts and that heavy seam right up the middle of the crotch? Have the manufacturers actually seen women's anatomy? Surely they can't think that is comfortable? Such a shame, because the shorts are so nice otherwise.

Needless to say, underwear for me - I use UA's so they don't hold onto sweat. I go without in runner's shorts with a liner. I'd consider going without in compression gear with no awkwardly placed seams. Do such things exist?