Anyone wanna join the Christmas Challenge?

Options

Replies

• marissaw74
    marissaw74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I lost 7lbs in October and would like to lose 15lbs by Jan 1st. If I do this I will weigh 10 lbs less than I did the previous New Year's! This would also be the first holiday season that I didn't gain weight!
  • SMORAW
    SMORAW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need to get some motivation and tips too.:happy:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Here is the group! I was going to add you all individually but the amount who wanted to join grew so fast haha. So lets join in this group and motivate each other!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17468-20lbs-for-christmas
  • MrsMetzler2013
    MrsMetzler2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I am on day four of my re-start to my get in better shape plan and lose 10 (short term goal, long term is 15-20)! I've worked out 3 days this week and have been at or under my calories each day. It feels great to be getting back on track. Yesterday someone commented on how I had lost a bunch of weight over the summer...yeah its all back...thanks for bringing it up...ruined my day! But I'll show them! :)
  • daijo2013
    Options
    Count me in I'd like to lose 20lb but aiming for 10-15lb. Just starting out on my weight loss program and would like some new friends to help me along the way..:smile:
  • ashiaamir2000
    ashiaamir2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds,
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ten pages of replies! All of MFPLand is on board! LOL Well I sympathize with tlacox: I started at 187.5 lbs little over a month ago...lost 15 so far, my original goal was 170and I am almost there, hopefully will be by thanksgiving! I have since lowered my goal to 150 lbs which is what I weighed when I met my hubbers, don't know if I can get to the 150 mark (appx 20 lbs) by Christmas but hey I'm willing to try! As long as it's gone by Swimsuit season! HAH Good luck to all especially those of us who have been raised as charter members of the Clean Plate Club, and Overeat on Bird Day! :bigsmile:
  • snowyday73
    Options
    would love to join! aiming for 14 lbs loss before Christmas - thanks for posting this!!
  • denza2013
    Options
    I'll join the challenge I would like to loose 15kgs before Chrismas
  • MSClark11
    MSClark11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! I lost 4 lbs in the last week. I realize this won't happen all the time, but I think 15 lbs is a good goal. 11 more to go!
  • Jackiales
    Jackiales Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really like what you wrote! I think aiming for Thanksgiving and Xmas 5k races will keep me on pare. I don't want slower times..any progress is welcome. Goodluck!!!
  • priscillab59
    priscillab59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. My goal is 10 lbs by Christmas. Let's do this!!
  • JenniferM_017
    JenniferM_017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm JUST starting my weight loss journey so I'm totally in with this. This might just be what I need to get me motivated OFF the couch and put the fork down. Well, more of choose better foods than what I'm eating. I will go for 10 pounds by Christmas so that's more realistic for me. :) Thanks and looking forward to this! :smile:
  • annetteh145
    annetteh145 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love, too! Count me in! Even though 12-15 pounds will be more realistic for me (around 2 pounds per week). I am at 169 now and my long-term goal is to reach and maintain 145. I had lost around 20 pounds in Spring this year and gained back 15 of those and am very frustrated to see this happen!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Couple days late to join, but I'm in too :)

I'd love to lose 20 by then, but 15 does seem more realistic. Let's just say "as much as possible", lol :)
  • Keto_Life
    Keto_Life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Is it possible to loose that much weight in less than 7 weeks?

I just started on a Keto diet/lifestyle, and I am nervous to get my hopes up of losing any weight. Overall I am aiming to loose 40pounds/18kg, but I am not one of those people who seem to naturally loose weight when I go on a diet, that's why I've never tried diets....just seem to get my hopes up for nothing. So I guess I got comfortable with being fat.

But I will give it my best shot!
  • calvinjeans
    calvinjeans Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just started and 15 lbs by Christmas is a great goal.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hoping to lose at least 15 and at most 20!
  • calvinjeans
    calvinjeans Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in for the Christmas Challenge (see previous post),, and I have a quick question: I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital as a nursing assistant which includes a lot of walking and very little sitting. How do I chart that for exercise? When I calculate 10-11 hours of walking even at a slow pace, it gives me a gigantic number of calories burned for that day. Is that the correct way to calculate? Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give. :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'll try to lose something by Christmas!