Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    No one else is responsible for wrecking your hard work but you. The rest of the world doesn't cater to your needs and wishes. Bring your own water and stay out of the kitchen if you can't control yourself. Why should others be punished? That's very self-centered thinking.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The only person wrecking your hard work is yourself. I highly doubt that they tied you down and shoved the food down your throat and made you swallow.

Just don't eat the thing and if you can't resist you cannot blame anyone but yourself for it

Inconsiderate workers, really? The world doesn't stop turning because you don't wanna eat X and X you know lol

Just sayin'...
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    OP... you got served.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Leaving it in the kitchen is not shoving it in your face.

Yes, you would be wrong to throw it out.

You're dieting. other people aren't. They're allowed to have what they want when they want it and to offer it to others. You're going to have to work on willpower. Sometimes, just running the calorie count of something before I eat it deters me from eating it at all.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Build up your will power. If they want to eat junk so be it but don't *kitten* it up for the rest.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's their fault you can't just walk by it and ignore it?
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This is what I do to avoid temptation. When I see something left out on a counter I imagine a sick child with who knows what contagious disease getting into it and getting their germs all over.. (Cause really who knows what it's encountered at home) and I imagine being sick from that. (or whatever other variant my mind thinks of at the moment) and it turns me off the temptation. I do that in all sorts of situations.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Creamy chai in a crock pot and fresh maple cookie... Why am I not working there and are they taking applications?? I know how to make small treats fit my day. I could build a menu around chai and cookies!
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I work in an office where there is always a party of some sort going on. I don't touch the food!

Why you ask yourself...

Years ago my boss brought cookies. After eating half of that chocolate chip cookie, guess what I found. A f_ucking pubic hair! I went and asked her if she baked them. Of course she said while smiling. I placed the cookie on her desk and asked her to please stop baking naked.

Are you still tempted to eat their treats?
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    If they are shoving cake in your face, you should file a complaint for a hostile working environment. No one has the right to assault you with yummies.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is about you, not them.
  • lesterfaye81
    lesterfaye81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on the larger side myself---and I also work in an office. We have food come in ALL THE TIME, and office potlucks once a month. It's part of working with other humans. I highly recommend getting some self control and learning not to be so rude when your coworkers try to be nice and share food with each other. No one says you have to eat it. You could also bring veggies or something to share and place them next to the goodies.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Wasn't it obvious this was a troll attempt when the OP referred to cake as a "nasty snack"?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    ... when somebody shoves it right in my face ...
    You have a few choices:
    A: Be weak and eat the cake.
    B. Be strong and polite by saying "no thank you".
    C. Eat the cake because you can fit it into your calorie allotment for the day.
    D. Run away and weep uncontrollably.

It's your choice to make.

C!!! Always my fav choice

Seriously, my boss brings in muffins, cookies and literally opens the package while in my office and over my desk (jerk) but I find lots of satisfaction in telling him no.

However there are days when I wanna whine about it too! :flowerforyou: Hang in there.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else said basically but just adding that you should use this opportunity to be proud of yourself for practicing self control. You are going to be put in situations like this for the rest of your life. At the office, parties, heck even at the store where they give out free samples. You don't have to eat food just because it is there and if you can't wrap your head around that you will end up right back where you started. Walk past that table get your water and walk out with your head held high because you have CONTROL of your own actions.

On a personal note my office has a monthly office birthday party with all kinds of treats. We also have a catering for meetings - the leftovers always end up in the break room right by the fridge and water dispenser. I might add that often I find the best and biggest white chocolate macadamia nut and no bake cookies ever. I used to partake and grab a cookie or two here and there, a cupcake or bagel but that is part of what led me to MFP. I don't want to EVER see those 70lbs again so now I don't partake I use my self-control. And on Birthday Day I grab a cupcake, put it in a bowl on my desk and take it home to my daughter. Yes that's right a yummy delicious cupcake sits on my desk from 2-5 pm and I DON'T eat it. When I get home that evening my daughter lights up (because she rarely gets cupcakes) and I feel proud and strong knowing I CONTROL my own actions :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    I work in an office where there is always a party of some sort going on. I don't touch the food!

Why you ask yourself...

Years ago my boss brought cookies. After eating half of that chocolate chip cookie, guess what I found. A f_ucking pubic hair! I went and asked her if she baked them. Of course she said while smiling. I placed the cookie on her desk and asked her to please stop baking naked.

:noway: :laugh: I am dying to know what happened next!
  • TheBackStory
    Options

Why you ask yourself...

She doesn't bring food anymore.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options

Why you ask yourself...

She doesn't bring food anymore.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It might be inconsiderate to throw it out. Can you put in the frig so it is "out of sight out of mine?"
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yes, you would be wrong. What you consider evil, others may not. Show some self control and leave it alone.
This discussion has been closed.