Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone is having accountability issues.

Unfortunately, OP, the world doesn't revolve around you. Not being mean, just stating a fact. If people want to put treats next to the water cooler at a community/public place, they can. Just because you are having issues, doesn't mean they should tiptoe around and alter their lives just for you.
  • glades250
    Options
    Get you a big piece with a smile. Make sure they witness that you are not a prude and better than them. Anyway get that big slice with the frosting on two sides and the top( ya know the one I'm talking about). Grab a fork and take ya a bite because you are human and you deserve it... then through the rest of the crap away. Be sure to say thank you!!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    gotta be a joke.. no one would seriously expect an entire office to change to accommodate one person... that would be ridiculous
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    So everyone should not bring treats into the office because you can't control yourself?? Get a grip and grow up.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    LOL.... I'm just imagining office WW3 at my work if you took a unilateral decision to throw "the stash" of communal cakes and biscuits away!! :laugh: :noway:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    You could get another job...

I hear pastry chefs have very high-powered positions.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There are worse people in the world than your generous coworkers. Gourmet pastry chefs for example...
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bring in a water bottle from home and go to Starbucks for coffe so you won't have to go in the kitchen. Or you can just take responsibility for your actions and not eat the food.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    gotta be a joke.. no one would seriously expect an entire office to change to accommodate one person... that would be ridiculous

Clearly you've not been to my workplace :/
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    There are worse people in the world than your generous coworkers. Gourmet pastry chefs for example...

Nah, I worked with one, and you never, ever get even a teeny sliver of those delicacies you bring out to the patrons! Talk about torture :D
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    would you smoke crack if it was "shoved" in your face, probably not. Just say no, it's pretty easy
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ThreadBackfire.gif

where did OP go!?
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

Clearly you've not been to my workplace :/

I would lose my **** if i had to work in that kind of environment
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP needs some self control. You don't want to make everyone in the office dislike you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    find a distraction...hobby.
    I know take up baking!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You really offended some people on MFP, so imagine how the people in your office would feel. It is not ok for you to throw it away. When it's Christmas and your mom makes wonderful treats for her family, you'll have to resist, so think of this as good practice. Best of luck and try to think of other people who are just trying to be nice to their co-workers.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    In.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    There is always going to be temptation..people bring stuff into my work ALL THE TIME..you are taking it as a personal affront! Buck up and get some willpower..you are being nasty!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Just avoid it, I work in an office and people are always bringing in crap to eat.

Its all about willpower.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I have to LOL at this because I suppose I am one of those 'inconsiderate' vendors that bring in foodz and SABATOOOGGGEEES everyone in offices.

We (and those terrible co-workers that bring in community snacks and goodies) should all be rounded up and shot.

Shame on us.
This discussion has been closed.