Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    So everyone should not bring treats into the office because you can't control yourself?? Get a grip and grow up.
    Word.
  • andcowsfly
    andcowsfly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If they want to have a treat counter, fine, but it should not be next to the only source of water. Nobody is stopping them from putting their cake on their desk.

I agree, OP! They shouldn't use a public space for their disgusting food. Would people be okay with someone sitting naked on the break room table saying, "Come help yourself, ladies?" NO!!! They would file sexual harassment!

Talk to your boss about this, OP. Maybe they'll lose their jobs!

I really think that comparing cake to a naked person is going way too far. I don't even know how you went from cake to that.

My office provides us with sweets such as cake, cookies, donuts, kolaches, fast food and all sorts of things regularly. In fact, they order food nightly. Sure it is tough but you gotta suck it up and deal with it yourself. You need to try working on your self control, bring a healthier alternative for when you get tempted by the "crap" food and if you take a SINGLE bite of a cake or other food every once in while, it isn't going to destroy your diet. When you put strict limits you are less successful as many people will eventually binge.

As for the other suggestions, they are good starts as well. Bring big bottles of water so you don't need to go to the kitchen as often, brush your teeth or chew gum throughout the day, eat more fruit to curb cravings, bring alternative snacks, take supplements that help reduce cravings (cinnamon works VERY well when taken 2x/day), and work on your self control. I highly recommend you just splurge on a single bite as necessary, but make sure you stop there.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There's a box of my favourite granola bars less than 15 feet away from my office door that I bought for my staff, if I eat one (or all) of them it's on me and if I do gorge on the forbidden fruit I'll just go for a longer run the next day........

It just takes will power........

ETA - there's also always a bowl of fresh fruit on the lunch table too.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    OP is too busy getting fired to come back and post.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If they want to have a treat counter, fine, but it should not be next to the only source of water. Nobody is stopping them from putting their cake on their desk.

I agree, OP! They shouldn't use a public space for their disgusting food. Would people be okay with someone sitting naked on the break room table saying, "Come help yourself, ladies?" NO!!! They would file sexual harassment!

I really think that comparing cake to a naked person is going way too far. I don't even know how you went from cake to that.

It's pretty clear to me really.

Cake ---> Sponge Cake ---> Twinkies ---> Ding Dongs ---->..... Dongs. Naked.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You need to stop blaming others for your lack of willpower.
    But go ahead and throw the cake away. I seriously hope that the person who brought the cake in gives you a piece of their mind after that. It's time for a reality check.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm at a meeting today and they have cake out for our afternoon break. It looks amazing, but there's no way to fit it into my calories so I was going to take an apple from the fruit bowl and get out of there. But this thread has given me an idea -- maybe I should push the snack table over! Everybody would appreciate that, right?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    LOL...you diet is not their problem. This is the for realz world, deal with it.

giphy.gif
    This is awesome!!!
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    WOW at some of the responses.

OP ignore the haterz!! They're just jealous.

I think you should not only throw the sabotage in the garbage, but report the perpetrators to HR! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    I am a self-confessed bringer of the yummy treats in my office and if someone just threw it away I would be livid. That being said I also try to bring a healthy alternative along with the sweets because I honestly don't have a sweet tooth. I have a big bowl of candy on my desk that I replenish regularly cause it's empty all the time and I rarely take anything from it. Monday I brought in veggies w/miso-tofu ranch dip and it was popular w/even my most picky co-workers and yesterday I brought in pumpkin cheesecake that was devoured w/in an hour. My previous office regularly brought in donuts EVERY friday and I haven't had a donut in 40 years so I just say 'no thanks.' My husband's previous office used to rotate who brought in donuts every Friday. He also hasn't had a donut in decades and didn't even want to buy them so when he was in the rotation he brought bagels and the office was appreciative of the mix-up.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    YOU are responsible for what you put in your mouth. Don't blame your co-workers. My co-workers bring in baked goods all the time and I'm able to avoid them. Hell, I've been bringing baked goods in myself.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Have you considered contaminating some of the treats, then out of pure concern for your co workers, asking management to ban home-made treats on food safety grounds? That might work.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love this post!
    I was initially just going to read and chuckle to myself (or occasionally laugh out loud) but now I feel the need to share:

I work in a bank.
    You cannot imagine the amount of food we receive each day!
    Cookies, pies, pastries, soups, fresh baked bread, hoagies, fried foods, hot dogs, burgers
    One of our customers just brought burgers for the entire branch because he wanted us to taste test them
    Around Thanksgiving, a former pastry chef for the white house brings in her special sweet potato pies (1 for each of us)
    and if they dont bring actual food, they give us money to buy lunch

Everyone loves to feed a banker!

I would be 3 billion pounds if I ate all the crap we get on a daily basis, but I choose not to
    Is it hard? YUP!
    but so is being overweight with prediabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
    I make the conscious decision to eat healthier and being inundated with treats from clients doesnt change that

Avoid the kitchen and keep going!
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

I think you should not only throw the sabotage in the garbage, but report the perpetrators to HR! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

report to HR? And what policy is violated by someone bringing treats it to share with their co-workers? My guess would be the only violation would be throwing out the food as disposal of someone else's personal property.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Where I work they constantly have business meetings with lots of good food so they always put the leftovers in the lunchroom and email everyone to let us know. I have no problem with it, why should no one be able to enjoy themselves just because I am watching what I eat?
  • mistertug
    Options
    jog past it
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

I see what you did there..................evil muahaha
  • SteviMcEwan
    Options
    Why don't you just fill up a jug with water to limit your trips to the kitchen?
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Self-control is a choice.
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options

It's pretty clear to me really.

Cake ---> Sponge Cake ---> Twinkies ---> Ding Dongs ---->..... Dongs. Naked.

:laugh: Five degrees of separation- well played. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.