Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options

Replies

• grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So what your saying is your co-workers bring food to share with the office. They put the food in the kitchen (last I checked, that's generally where food goes), but you just can't stand it because you need to get your water from there and the sight of food in a kitchen makes you eat it?

This is like how, after 37 breakup songs, you kind of get the feeling that Taylor Swift is the problem...

Get a grip. Bring your own water. Or fill your water up in the bathroom sink. There's no HR violation here. No grounds for firing. In fact, HR would probably get your complaint and laugh at you because you're being ridiculous.

LOL! I'm convinced Taylor swift dates guys just so she can write songs about them! I mean John Mayer, come on! Everyone thinks he is an a hole.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OP has probably lost a few calories running from this thread......
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wanted to test out a new brownie recipe before I make it for the holidays, so I baked a pan yesterday and my husband and I ate some. Ok. We ate a lot. And they were amazing. But right now, there's a half pan of brownies sitting in my kitchen and I haven't touched them today. Why? Because I know I can eat them if I want, and I might have one or two for dessert, but if I eat them like I did yesterday, every day, my pants won't fit. And as delicious as those brownies were, I like having pants that fit better. It's a matter of priorities.

It doesn't matter who brought the treats or where they're located. They could be right under your nose, and if you decide not to eat them, you won't.

For that matter, I've also taught my dog the "leave it" command, and he'll ignore a treat until I tell him he can have it. Don't be less disciplined than a Pekingese.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    its all about you, not them,,
    who makes the decisions??
    um, you do!
    so get it together.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For that matter, I've also taught my dog the "leave it" command, and he'll ignore a treat until I tell him he can have it. Don't be less disciplined than a Pekingese.

Haha that is a good point! I will have to think of it this way from now on :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    would you smoke crack if it was "shoved" in your face, probably not. Just say no, it's pretty easy

Maybe if I was in a drunken stupor.

Well done.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just because you see it doesn't mean you have to eat it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    WOW at some of the responses.

OP ignore the haterz!! They're just jealous.

I think you should not only throw the sabotage in the garbage, but report the perpetrators to HR! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Yes, please report this to HR...they could all use a good laugh.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If they want to have a treat counter, fine, but it should not be next to the only source of water. Nobody is stopping them from putting their cake on their desk.

I agree, OP! They shouldn't use a public space for their disgusting food. Would people be okay with someone sitting naked on the break room table saying, "Come help yourself, ladies?" NO!!! They would file sexual harassment!

Talk to your boss about this, OP. Maybe they'll lose their jobs!

I really think that comparing cake to a naked person is going way too far. I don't even know how you went from cake to that.

It's pretty clear to me really.

Cake ---> Sponge Cake ---> Twinkies ---> Ding Dongs ---->..... Dongs. Naked.

I seriously just chortled in my office. out loud.

That's quiet possibly the funniest thing I've read all day.

now I can't help but think of dongs and nekkid when I'm eating cake. OMG. Sexy cake.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    would you smoke crack if it was "shoved" in your face, probably not. Just say no, it's pretty easy

Or the Mayor of Toronto.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Muscle up and get on with it sweetheart.

klsfr.jpg
  • Levesque_7
    Options

But only once, and then I'm totally clean. :wink:

Ok, MAYBE twice, but that's it :laugh:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Or the Mayor of Toronto.

:flowerforyou:
  • Levesque_7
    Options

Or the Mayor of Toronto.

Oh Snap! Dude that was awesome ^^^^^^
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

And I'd be REALLY REALLY sorry when I got caught.
  • dramagirl1
    Options
    If they want to have a treat counter, fine, but it should not be next to the only source of water. Nobody is stopping them from putting their cake on their desk.

Nobody is stopping you from bringing water bottles from home either. Sheesh.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options

And I'd be REALLY REALLY sorry when I got caught.

And just a wee bit angry that all these strangers are asking me about it.
  • raiderlifer53
    raiderlifer53 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You should try to have their actions empower you. Take the higher ground knowing it will bother them that you're ignoring their actions whether they are intentional or not. I will bet you that eventually ask you why you don't indulge in their "treats" and this will set you abart from the sheep. Good Luck!
  • raiderlifer53
    raiderlifer53 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You should try to have their actions empower you. Take the higher ground knowing it will bother them that you're ignoring their actions whether they are intentional or not. I will bet you that eventually ask you why you don't indulge in their "treats" and this will set you apart from the sheep. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.