Men, what kind of ladies do you like?

Options

Replies

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    True story:

A little while ago, I went out on a date with a girl that I wasn't all that attracted to physically. She told me a story about accidentally getting her mom arrested for possession. She stole my heart with that :love:

Take it any way you want.
    Only 5' 7 :cry:
    Other true story:

I recently went out with a friend of mine and we started comparing each other's height on the metro home (our BAC may have been non-zero). From my perspective, the difference between us is pretty big (I'm ~1.75, he must be ~1.80-1.85). A (short) girl that was next to us started laughing and said "You know guys, from down here you look pretty much the same."

Again, take it any way you want.
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ...on the other hand.

strong-is-the-new-skinny.jpg?w=500

Can I have her?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Superficial things, like height requirements, are why most relationships fail
    So, do people not know how tall their SOs are until they're already in a relationship and then it fails because someone is too tall or too short?

I can't say I've ever had that experience.

I have..... they think they can adjust but then they just bail... mostly with weight instead of height... in the weight case they think you can lose it overnight and when you don't become what they want in the time frame they want they move on to the next "fixer upper" ...... If they were worth being with they would take you for your heart and your mind and they type person you are and not just how you look.
    Right, but he didn't name something that fluctuates and one can somewhat control. He specifically said height and used it in the context of relationships failing, which means not that a guy dismissed a potential relationship, but actually ended a current one.

Because of height.

As though that was not apparent from the get-go.

Are people wearing lifts in their shoes?
  • TylerB1982
    TylerB1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My idea of the perfect woman is the one I lie next to every night :-)
    And yes, I wrote this because if I write anything different, she will find it and I will have hell to pay!! lol :laugh:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Superficial things, like height requirements, are why most relationships fail
    So, do people not know how tall their SOs are until they're already in a relationship and then it fails because someone is too tall or too short?

I can't say I've ever had that experience.

I have..... they think they can adjust but then they just bail... mostly with weight instead of height... in the weight case they think you can lose it overnight and when you don't become what they want in the time frame they want they move on to the next "fixer upper" ...... If they were worth being with they would take you for your heart and your mind and they type person you are and not just how you look.
    Right, but he didn't name something that fluctuates and one can somewhat control. He specifically said height and used it in the context of relationships failing, which means not that a guy dismissed a potential relationship, but actually ended a current one.

Because of height.

As though that was not apparent from the get-go.

Are people wearing lifts in their shoes?
    Did you happen to miss the word "like", meaning I was giving an example of a superficial requirement that some people have. I could have said "Superficial things, like less than 7/10 facial aesthetics.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    the ones who saw the title and went on with their day without a second look.
    Some of us just like the entertainment value.

I'm well ensconced in a very long-term relationship, so I'm pretty sure whatever men like, I already possess it.
    Oooh, Sassy!
    sassy.gif
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Pale boobs?

2lub9yv.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    Did you happen to miss the word "like", meaning I was giving an example of a superficial requirement that some people have. I could have said "Superficial things, like less than 7/10 facial aesthetics.

I did not miss the word. In the context of the post, it was a very, very strange example.

No one I know has ever gotten into a relationship and had it fall apart over height.

Now, some people will not date people over or below a certain height, but in that case, there is no relationship to have fall apart. Please give me an example of an actual relationsip falling apart over someone's height.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    a woman who will let me satisfy her in bed before I get my turn. She's got needs and she's got to let me take care of them. :)

BAM! How ya doin?

No. The real question is how YOU doin'? We can talk about me later.

:bigsmile:

IN!
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    a woman who will let me satisfy her in bed before I get my turn. She's got needs and she's got to let me take care of them. :)

Check, please!!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Not really. You're still calling her disgusting. That's not okay. "Buff women aren't my type," or "I'm not into large muscles," are much more appropriate because you acknowledge it as your preference, not any shortcomings on her part.

Agree to disagree.

I am sorry but I actually agree with this guy.
    Disgusting is not a nice word, at all. But in this particular example, it is not exactly the wrong word. There is absolutely nothing attractive about that kind of muscle on a woman to me. I look in the body building magazines and every time I come across a woman that looks like that I think "ew" and turn the page quickly.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    So, tell me. How many friend requests did you get? ;) lol.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Not really. You're still calling her disgusting. That's not okay. "Buff women aren't my type," or "I'm not into large muscles," are much more appropriate because you acknowledge it as your preference, not any shortcomings on her part.

Agree to disagree.

Disgusting is not a nice word, at all. But in this particular example, it is not exactly the wrong word. There is absolutely nothing attractive about that kind of muscle on a woman to me. I look in the body building magazines and every time I come across a woman that looks like that I think "ew" and turn the page quickly.

...except for the little problem of the usage of that word in that context being a violation of the TOS.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I did not miss the word. In the context of the post, it was a very, very strange example.

No one I know has ever gotten into a relationship and had it fall apart over height.

Now, some people will not date people over or below a certain height, but in that case, there is no relationship to have fall apart. Please give me an example of an actual relationsip falling apart over someone's height.

I am 6'1 and I am not particularly superficial. I've dated men who are as short as 5'9- 5'10 and I would like to think dating someone who is 5'7 wouldn't bother me and maybe I'd begin a relationship with a guy of that stature but it could possibly be an issue later on.
    And perhaps I am a poor example since I am not average height, but what he is saying could actually happen.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    One with a great sense of humor, girl next door looks, FIT, not too much makeup, educated, playful, loves the outdoors..........

and can rock a sundress !!
  • rml_16
    Options

I am 6'1 and I am not particularly superficial. I've dated men who are as short as 5'9- 5'10 and I would like to think dating someone who is 5'7 wouldn't bother me and maybe I'd begin a relationship with a guy of that stature but it could possibly be an issue later on.
    And perhaps I am a poor example since I am not average height, but what he is saying could actually happen.
    I'm going out on a limb to say that if you meet someone, fall for that person enough to actually begin a relationship (not a couple dates, but an actual relationship) and it fails, there's something much bigger going on than someone's height.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Other than the obligatory "my wife" answer....

I had a dream the other night about falling in love with the perfect girl -- and she was, too.

So, if I remember right, she was about 5'5" with semi-long straight brown hair, very fit but not rail-thin (looked great in a swimsuit -- or without one), she was fun loving, could have a great time, but knew what's important and was able to prioritize. Unconditionally loving and completely accepting of who I am with all my faults. Never got riled or upset or overwhelmed, but was generally happy and positive. She loved doing things and didn't like being stuck in a house all day. She was spontaneous yet grounded, free-spirited yet religious. Adventurous yet practical. And always full of energy and remarkably healthy. She loved a good salad but also the occasional donut.

Wow -- that was a good dream. Just sayin.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    You just described me to a T :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Agree to disagree.

That doesn't make it disgusting.

That makes you a bigot attempting to invalidate the person's hard work because you don't find it visually appealing.