what's with all the hate?

Options

Replies

• libyloba
    Options
    And for the record I gained weight after pregnancy but I'm still not overweight. And even if I was she assumed that people are just overweight because they eat too much and that is not always the case. I have a cousin who every since he was a baby was a little chubby and a s he grew up he became heavier. I remember him going on trying everything and notting simed to work. The only thing that help him along with the help of exercise and dietting was a prescription pill. I don't remember what its called.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Poor ideas + honest answers + dislike of honest answer = conflict
    Add a troll for good measure = A Right Bun Fight

For the record, not all of us here are for hate and argument.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    It wasn't always this way

There was a time when posters were kind
    When their tone was soft
    And their words encouraging
    There was a time when cardio was fine
    And MFP was a song
    And MFP friends were inviting
    Then it all…went…wrong

I dreamed a dream in bandwidth gone by
    When motivation was high
    And logging on worth doing
    I dreamed the MFP site would never die
    I dreamed the Mods would be forgiving
    Then I was a noob and unafraid
    And strikes were made and used and wasted
    There was no reason to be made

No post untrolled
    No joke unwasted
    But the bullies come at night
    With their mean words soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And turn your gurney to shame
    MFP filled my days with endless distraction
    It took my productivity in real life
    But it was gone when I deactivate
    And still I dream I’ll recreate
    That we’ll live our days online
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are threads we cannot weather
    I had a dream my MFP experience would be
    So different from this hell I’m logging
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now your thread has killed
    The dream I dreamed

now-life-has-killed-the-dream-i-dreamed.gif
  • libyloba
    Options
    @eric_sg It here but If you don't like it... skip it:)
  • libyloba
    Options
    Jajaja that is hilarious!
    It wasn't always this way

There was a time when posters were kind
    When their tone was soft
    And their words encouraging
    There was a time when cardio was fine
    And MFP was a song
    And MFP friends were inviting
    Then it all…went…wrong

I dreamed a dream in bandwidth gone by
    When motivation was high
    And logging on worth doing
    I dreamed the MFP site would never die
    I dreamed the Mods would be forgiving
    Then I was a noob and unafraid
    And strikes were made and used and wasted
    There was no reason to be made

No post untrolled
    No joke unwasted
    But the bullies come at night
    With their mean words soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And turn your gurney to shame
    MFP filled my days with endless distraction
    It took my productivity in real life
    But it was gone when I deactivate
    And still I dream I’ll recreate
    That we’ll live our days online
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are threads we cannot weather
    I had a dream my MFP experience would be
    So different from this hell I’m logging
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now your thread has killed
    The dream I dreamed

now-life-has-killed-the-dream-i-dreamed.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And for the record I gained weight after pregnancy but I'm still not overweight. And even if I was she assumed that people are just overweight because they eat too much and that is not always the case. I have a cousin who every since he was a baby was a little chubby and a s he grew up he became heavier. I remember him going on trying everything and notting simed to work. The only thing that help him along with the help of exercise and dietting was a prescription pill. I don't remember what its called.

:huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's just typical group behaviour. Initially group members tend to communicate politely, if guardedly. Then conflict arises - how the group deals with the conflict determines its future success. Groups that stay in conflict will either dismantle or become dysfunctional.

Once conflict has been resolved the group strengthens and moves past untils goals are achieved or deadlines are met and then it dismembers. Or a group keeps its impetutus but changes its members, like this one as people start, struggle and then finish their journey.

Those who cannot resolve conflict within an evolving group remain stuck there while others come and go... the Lost Boys, if you like. They make their own group etc etc...

Do you actually know EVERY thing?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Why are you attempting to hijack this thread? Perhaps start a new thread?

(People who like to counsel me on how I participate in the forums - did I do that right? It didn't sound hateful, did it? Should I have phrased it differently?)
  • ryry_
    Options
    Madness is what you demonstrate
    And that's exactly how anger works and operates
    Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
    Take control of your mind and meditate
    Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all
    People killin', people dyin'
    Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
    Can you practise what you preach
    And would you turn the other cheek
    Father, Father, Father help us
    Send some guidance from above
    'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
    Where is the love?

I definitely stood up and waved my hands about in a care free manner...Meaness lifted
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's just typical group behaviour. Initially group members tend to communicate politely, if guardedly. Then conflict arises - how the group deals with the conflict determines its future success. Groups that stay in conflict will either dismantle or become dysfunctional.

Once conflict has been resolved the group strengthens and moves past untils goals are achieved or deadlines are met and then it dismembers. Or a group keeps its impetutus but changes its members, like this one as people start, struggle and then finish their journey.

Those who cannot resolve conflict within an evolving group remain stuck there while others come and go... the Lost Boys, if you like. They make their own group etc etc...

Is this going to be on the test?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I LOVE..............................
    I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE.....................................
    BLISSFUL LOVE.............................

Ya, you do! LOL
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people (everywhere on the Internet, not just here) can't see the difference between posting "actually, you are wrong and here's why" and "lol, good luck with that you dumb@ss, you deserve to fail". I am surprised at how mean and petty people can be. And they always defend it by saying they are just being honest.

Thankfully these people are in the minority here, but it is still annoying and somewhat saddening to see. I think if you wouldn't say it to a stranger IRL, you shouldn't say it at all. Maybe I am just old fashioned, though.

I'm all for blunt, but why be rude?
  • Janay333
    Janay333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We're all snowflakes hanging out inside the same snowball...
    [/quote]

Some just like to be shaken more than others LOL
  • libyloba
    Options
    Not at all. It seems to me like we both like this one (just judging by you quotes to other poster).

Why are you attempting to hijack this thread? Perhaps start a new thread?

(People who like to counsel me on how I participate in the forums - did I do that right? It didn't sound hateful, did it? Should I have phrased it differently?)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Madness is what you demonstrate
    And that's exactly how anger works and operates
    Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
    Take control of your mind and meditate
    Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all
    People killin', people dyin'
    Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
    Can you practise what you preach
    And would you turn the other cheek
    Father, Father, Father help us
    Send some guidance from above
    'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
    Where is the love?

I definitely stood up and waved my hands about in a care free manner...Meaness lifted

Honestly, my life was made with the Les Miserables.

You win this one... you win this one.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hate is a pretty strong word for what occurs here. I think very few posters here have enough of an emotional investment for actual hatred.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Is this going to be on the test?

For sure, after she gets the 5 praises to one negative in.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have never seen hate. I mostly see people trying to be funny. Some of us like it, some of us dont. Its just a difference of nature/opinion! Laugh or Ignore and move on. I usually choose to laugh, as its good for my health :wink:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

so you're saying you're going to be gone soon?

don't tease me
  • ryry_
    Options
    Hate is a pretty strong word for what occurs here. I think very few posters here have enough of an emotional investment for actual hatred.

YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME!