what's with all the hate?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    well I got 3 reasons
    1. haters

2. when you do something successfully whether it is to lose weight or build muscle; people tend to stand by the method that worked for them. But, they fail to realize that this method isn't for everyone it just happened to be what worked for you. So they start arguments with others about health fitness and nutrition cause they feel their way is right.

3. People with self esteem issues that want to feel better than everyone and jump on here to make themselves look better by comparison even if they cannot relate to weight loss.

In any event this is the minority and does not represent the mass as a whole. I would implore you to try to hang out with the more positive people on the forum to get a good idea of how this community really is :)

Or you can tell me who is givin ya problems and Ill bash their skull in :P

Cheers,

Tof

You could only come up with 3 reasons? That is very narrow minded of you.

There is also:

1. You are being oversensitive.
    2. You're mistaking the tone and/or intent of the person's post.
    3. You are wrong and hate being told so.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    well I got 3 reasons
    1. haters

2. when you do something successfully whether it is to lose weight or build muscle; people tend to stand by the method that worked for them. But, they fail to realize that this method isn't for everyone it just happened to be what worked for you. So they start arguments with others about health fitness and nutrition cause they feel their way is right.

3. People with self esteem issues that want to feel better than everyone and jump on here to make themselves look better by comparison even if they cannot relate to weight loss.

In any event this is the minority and does not represent the mass as a whole. I would implore you to try to hang out with the more positive people on the forum to get a good idea of how this community really is :)

Cheers,

Tof

There is also:

3 more:

1) people's moods can change from day to day
    2) people have different "styles" of communicating and just simply don't "click".
    3) I don't really have a third, but just wanna be part of the group.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be TOM; that m-effer.

YOU LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS. HE IS A VERY NICE MAN.
    myspacetom.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    well I got 3 reasons
    1. haters

Cheers,

Tof

There is also:

3 more:

1) people's moods can change from day to day
    2) people have different "styles" of communicating and just simply don't "click".
    3) I don't really have a third, but just wanna be part of the group.

BFF<3
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, this should be really off topic but these last few days I have noticed a surge in hate comments to threads and just basically people trying to find excuses to start an argument. Why is that? Why the irritation/frustration?
    I know it looks like everybody's doing just because these argumentative people make more of a fuss than everybody else, so they seem to be many more than they actually are but really, I see people ridiculing things like loss of water weight, dietary choices, plateaus, when really, aren't we all on MFP just to feel encouraged and focused on our personal weight loss journeys? Why trying to put others down? it's not even constructive criticism, it's just trying to be borderline rude.
    I haven't been here long, so maybe someone with more experience can explain it to me: why does it seem like arguments can start from basically every single thread in every single forum???

Everyone is in a different place. Many people have been in maintenance for years, and continue, and they know a few things about a few things, and they see the exact same stuff constantly, and find it odd that people don't just use search before asking if they will loose more phat if they detox for 7 daze, then go low carb for 3 months, and then turn to the left 3 times while clapping their hands.

yes...but why do these same people need to reply at all if they dont want to/feel irritated by the question or feel they have seen it all before....noone is forcing them to read the forums or answer any of the questions...so if they cant do so without showing their ire...why do they bother at all??
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I hate this thread
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    ... aren't we all on MFP just to feel encouraged and focused on our personal weight loss journeys?...

In short, no. At the end of the day, this is still an internet forum. Try to ignore the negativity, and take what good, constructive things that you can from what is said. If you're really good, then you can set aside the delivery method and realize that even the snarky comments have some wisdom in them, sometimes.

Yep

QFT

I used to try to defend people that were getting ripped to shreds on this website. I have learned that it is best to not get involved, unless you want to go down the same route.

I just think now, that it is the `internet` people sitting behind monitors typing stuff that they probably (99.9%) not say to a person face to face.

I say things to people's faces more than I do on the internet. Just sayin'. I strongly suspect I am not the only one. Been here almost a year, and am fairly certain of that.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    I let my haters be my motivators.

#hatersgonnahate
  • Silvermist16
    Silvermist16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're not eating enough, which makes them cranky.

I think this must be it!

I'm pretty new on MFP too and I have already noticed that some people are snappish and rude on these forums. I also don't think being honest is an excuse for being rude, there are much more tactful ways to say some things. Anyhow, I try not to get involved or take it too personally.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

myspacetom.jpg

Holy crap, I totally forgot about the days when Tom's picture was always popping up on my friends list. lmao!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

myspacetom.jpg

Holy crap, I totally forgot about the days when Tom's picture was always popping up on my friends list. lmao!

There seems to be a background story here, but my TOM looks nothing like that :grumble:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    God I hate these 'what's with all the hate' posts. :explode:
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LOL:)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

myspacetom.jpg

There seems to be a background story here, but my TOM looks nothing like that :grumble:

I would be terrified if I found a Tom. Is that doctor-worthy?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    *rolling eyes*

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, EATING, weight lifting and walking. (SEE TICKER BELOW) :bigsmile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I really wish that every OP of these "people are so mean" threads would post a link to the thread that put the bug up their butt. That way, we the readers, could make an informed decision as to whether the OP really hates mean people or just really hates people with a dissenting opinion.

It should be in the TOS.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I used to feed on too much food.
    Then i found MFP and started feeding on hate and butthurt. That's how i lost the weight.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This place is nothing. If you want to see people get REALLY mean, go visit a parenting forum. Nothing unleashes latent insecurity faster than hearing some parents do things "different".
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I let my haters be my motivators.

#hatersgonnahate

tumblr_m7qhyu2xsK1rbxjygo7_500.gif
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This "everyone is so mean" thread is going a lot better than many others I've seen...which is interesting.

fangirl-jennifer-aniston-simsxlife.gif