Doing this in secret?

Options
123457»

Replies

• priscillaes87
    Options
    Anyone else losing weight / getting fit in secret?

I'm not exactly keeping it a secret I'm just not announcing it anywhere other than here, but I got a reminder of why I'm doing it this way at home this weekend.

My wife and I ended up in a discussion about food, nothing serious, but she is critical of the fact that sometimes I'm not hungry in the evenings so don't want to eat, sometimes I eat bad food, sometimes I eat "too much protein", sometimes I have an unnatural protein shake etc.

It got to the point where she said I'd never lose weight and I stupidly told her I'd lost weight recently to which she said "well it doesn't look like it" - ouch.

It was quite funny because it came about 2 days after a friend of hers said that it looked like I'd lost weight. I'm not exactly a poster boy for MFP but I'm making progress - I'm down 10lbs, have knocked 3 mins off my 5k time, have doubled the weight I can squat etc.

It made me remember why I wasn't telling anyone in the real world about my weight loss efforts.

Good for you for keeping it up!!! Congrats and keep us around to share and communicate with!!
  • bj_carter
    Options
    I don't tell people I'm dieting and only my wife really knows what I'm trying to do.... She gets the diet and exercise thing but doesn't understand my whole obsession with MFP.... anyway. I'm doing well...:smile:
  • helki3
    helki3 Posts: 10
    Options
    My fiance knows I am losing weight, but I don't tell people that is use MFP... Don't get me wrong, I love this site! I just like having it as a secret to myself. It's my journey. But that is just me and how I'm playing it :D
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When people notice or comment I confirm it, but I haven't announced it as I don't want the extra pressure. I'm doing this for me.