What is your FAV SLOW COOKER Recipe?

Options

Replies

• futureMrsOrasit
    Options
    Throw a can of cream of mushroom soup in the slow cooker. Mix in a can of water and season to taste (I like adding salt, pepper and basil or thyme). Add a nice slab of beef. Sometimes I also like to add a beef bouillon cube or two. Turn it on to high for 8 hours. I make this is my small cooker so you can adjust this according to what size you need and how much food you want to get out of it.

I don't suggest using any type of gravy because that can boil over very easily and becomes a pain to clean :)

If you want more I get mine from allrecipes.com.

my mom used to do something like this with pork chops. soooo good!
  • futureMrsOrasit
    Options
    That ham one sounds really good. I'll have to make note of that!!

Our favorite one is probably a meatloaf recipe I have that I cook in the crockpot. Let me know if you're interested in it and I'll post it (don't have it memorized). I also have a slow cooker lasagna that's pretty good, and I love cooking beef stew and pot roast in the crock pot. I do the same with the pot roast, with the cream of mushroom soup, but also like to throw a couple of potatoes and some carrots in celery in there too!

I loooooove my slow cooker, especially in the winter when it's cold outside!

very interested in the slow cooker lasagna. I saw it on the Oprah show and it looked so good! I just wasn't quick enough to write the recipe down!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

very interested in the slow cooker lasagna. I saw it on the Oprah show and it looked so good! I just wasn't quick enough to write the recipe down!
    http://www.oprah.com/food/Crock-Pot-Lasagna-Recipe

Crock-Pot Lasagna Recipe
    from Jessica Seinfeld (as seen on the Oprah show/website)

Servings: Serves 6

Ingredients

3 cans (14.4 ounces) crushed tomatoes
    3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
    2 Tbsp. dried oregano
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    2 containers (15 ounces each) fresh ricotta
    2 cups (8 ounces) grated mozzarella
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan
    12 lasagna noodles (about three-quarters of a 1-pound box)
    5 ounces (about 6 cups) baby spinach

Directions
    In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper and black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella and Parmesan.

In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread a thin layer of the sauce.
    Top with 3 of the noodles (breaking to fit as necessary).
    Spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the noodles and layer with 2 cups of the spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Repeat twice more with the noodles, sauce, spinach and cheese mixture.
    Top with the remaining 3 noodles, sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.

Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender—especially in the center of the lasagna—about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
  • crazycat327
    Options
    These are awesome! Wootwoot!
  • rustedlady
    Options
    I would really like your meatloaf & lasagna recipe please. Thanks!!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    These all sound so awesome! DANG!! I'm hungry now:ohwell:
  • beka2699
    beka2699 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leasha77
    Options
    Fat free refried beans is great and I always use my slow cooker . This is a keeper anything else you have please share and i will also do the same.
  • Wendy137
    Wendy137 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tried to save this post but its not working.....does anyone know how?
  • bonniemcbride
    Options
    Pulled pork- All it takes is a large picnic roast over a bed of onions, cover with your fav BBQ sauce and Ginger Ale. Cook all day on low (about 8 hours). When you take it out it falls apart. Use this to your advantage by ripping the meat apart with two forks. Add more BBQ sauce and stir it all up. It is so good you won't believe it. Not sure how fattening it is though, but it is soooo worth it!
  • kim0913
    kim0913 Posts: 51
    Options
    bump
  • Cynden9
    Options
    Hi. This is the best, easiest crock pot recipe ever. It has become a favorite of my entire family..........

Cranberry Pork Roast
    - 1 can cranberry sauce
    - 1 package onion soup
    - pork roast of your choice

Mix together cranberry sauce and onion soup and pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

The cranberry and onion soup mix together with the pork juices and create a sweet bbq sauce like flavor. I serve it over mashed potatoes. The sauce is really good on the potatoes.

Enjoy!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I recently did a Ham and all I added was half can Cider, cooked on low for 6 hours. Delicious!
  • crazycat327
    Options
    These recipes are awesome!!!
    :love:
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    Bump.:bigsmile:
  • coog81855
    Options
    BUMP YUM!!!!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have to ask...every time I try a recipe that calls for pasta or rice, it overcooks it. I try waiting until the last half hour of the recipe and I still end up with pasta starch instead of cooked pasta. So I tend to shy away from any of the soup or cassarole recipes because I don't want a pile of mush that I end up throwing away. Any tips?
  • hlhouse
    hlhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump! i love this! I just ordered "Fix it and Forget it" so I'm looking forward to it :)