13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat

Options

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

I don't think you know how to count calories then, check your measurements

Well since i weigh everything, i'm pretty sure that's pretty accurate.

I also have a body bug, so I know what I burn every day.

I don't care that you can eat the sugar and be ok. I can't. period. that's all i said. I gained 10 pounds last weekend after 1 day of way to much sugar. I mean it was epic sugar consumption, but I really doubt I ate 35,000 calories in one day and I still have a headache from no sugar today and my stomach hurt all day yesterday from it.

All I can do is go by what *my body tells me is good or not good for it* added sugar is bad. It's not for you. great carry on.

if you did not eat 35000 calories then you did not gain 10 pounds...

Tell that to my scale.

6 of them are gone already. because it's fake/water weight.

Too bad you're not me then. On Halloween, I ate a pound of M&M's peanut with no adverse affect and no weight gain. While I do believe that sugar does affect some people differently, as I stated earlier sugar is fine in moderation. The body processes all sugars the same way (with the exception of alcohol).

I would be so sick if i ate a pound of M&Ms. I'm not jealous.

I wouldn't fight it. Just get used to being called a liar in the main forums.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I don't care that you can eat the sugar and be ok. I can't. period. that's all i said. I gained 10 pounds last weekend after 1 day of way to much sugar. I mean it was epic sugar consumption, but I really doubt I ate 35,000 calories in one day and I still have a headache from no sugar today and my stomach hurt all day yesterday from it.

All I can do is go by what *my body tells me is good or not good for it* added sugar is bad. It's not for you. great carry on.

Tell that to my scale.

Too bad you're not me then. On Halloween, I ate a pound of M&M's peanut with no adverse affect and no weight gain. While I do believe that sugar does affect some people differently, as I stated earlier sugar is fine in moderation. The body processes all sugars the same way (with the exception of alcohol).

oh i know.. lol. my thoughts and experience differ from theirs So i'm either wrong or making stuff up. lol whatever.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Tell that to my scale.

oh i know.. lol. my thoughts and experience differ from theirs So i'm either wrong or making stuff up. lol whatever.

No, you're just not very informed on the subject, for instance

"I don't care that you can eat the sugar and be ok. I can't. period. that's all i said. I gained 10 pounds last weekend after 1 day of way to much sugar. I mean it was epic sugar consumption, but I really doubt I ate 35,000 calories in one day and I still have a headache from no sugar today and my stomach hurt all day yesterday from it. "

3500 cals a lb applies to fat, you could have gained weight that wasn't fat, shocking I know.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    loss_for_words.gif
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have no negative comments for this thread..... I love it. :drinker:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Love this and believe every word of it - it has proven true for me. For example, A calorie is not a calorie for me. I drink one alcoholic drink and the scale goes up - EVERY TIME. I could eat nothing all day - have a drink and the scale would go up for 2 days. It is insane. I have examples of the others as well.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

"I don't care that you can eat the sugar and be ok. I can't. period. that's all i said. I gained 10 pounds last weekend after 1 day of way to much sugar. I mean it was epic sugar consumption, but I really doubt I ate 35,000 calories in one day and I still have a headache from no sugar today and my stomach hurt all day yesterday from it. "

3500 cals a lb applies to fat, you could have gained weight that wasn't fat, shocking I know.

right.. so you missed where i said, in my very first post in the topic that "its fake/water weight" .. ya know.. because if I thought i gained 10lbs in fat.. i'd have thought I somehow ate 35,000 calories and yes.. 10 lbs of any kind of weight is shocking, but the fact that you chose to over look that post of mine is not. I also doubt that if i had really gained 10lbs of fat, that 6 of them would have dropped off already. I don't really get your argument anyway. All i did was state the fact that I ate sugar and i gained weight and it gives me headaches when I stop. (which I am not the only one who this happens to, whether you want to believe it or not) And as you said.. (pretty sure it was you) a pound is a pound. So it matters not if it's water or fat.. it's a pound.. right?? Or are you changing that stance now?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

right.. so you missed where i said, in my very first post in the topic that "its fake/water weight" .. ya know.. because if I thought i gained 10lbs in fat.. i'd have thought I somehow ate 35,000 calories and yes.. 10 lbs of any kind of weight is shocking, but the fact that you chose to over look that post of mine is not. I also doubt that if i had really gained 10lbs of fat, that 6 of them would have dropped off already. I don't really get your argument anyway. All i did was state the fact that I ate sugar and i gained weight and it gives me headaches when I stop. (which I am not the only one who this happens to, whether you want to believe it or not) And as you said.. (pretty sure it was you) a pound is a pound. So it matters not if it's water or fat.. it's a pound.. right?? Or are you changing that stance now?

No that was not me, but good try. There was no need to mention in your post that you doubted you had 35,000 cals then, if you already knew it was water weight. Are you familiar with post hoc ergo propter hoc?
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    My skinny husband is ALWAYS preaching to me this information and he doesn't even read about it. I like to think of eating a "low carb" diet as eating balanced. When you are eating properly, everything that is written in the article is true. People think eating balanced is hard to abide by, but it really is not. If you listen to your body, you're body will tell you what it wants and what it needs. After all, we are all constructed differently.

Thank you for sharing this article. :smile:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Great post, except....a calorie really IS a calorie. Duh.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My skinny husband is ALWAYS preaching to me this information and he doesn't even read about it. I like to think of eating a "low carb" diet as eating balanced. When you are eating properly, everything that is written in the article is true. People think eating balanced is hard to abide by, but it really is not. If you listen to your body, you're body will tell you what it wants and what it needs. After all, we are all constructed differently.

Thank you for sharing this article. :smile:

My body tells me to eat nothing but baked goods and chocolate. :laugh:
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There are a few good facts but a lot of it is just plain bull $h!t. Who wrote this? Obviously someone who got their degree from a cereal box.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Tell that to my scale.

so you tried to say that you gained ten pounds because of sugar, and then turn around and say that it was "fake/water weight"...so obviously, sugar did not make you gain ten pounds, because you really did not gain ten pounds...but you still tried to demonize sugar..interesting...
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Pure true sugar is two glucose molecules linked together. Thats GLUCOSE - not fructose. The fake sugars are made with one glucose and one fructose linked together, or two fructose molecules. Fructose is very bad for you. Glucose is not. Your cells need glucose to make ATP (energy). Pure sugar in your foods is not a bad thing - its far healthier for you than high fructose corn syrup or fake sugars made from fructose.

With that being said it is still bad to eat too much sugar, but I wanted to make the correction. The kind of sugar you find in fruit and pure sugar cane sugar is the SAME THING. They are both just as good for you and bad for you. The only differene is the other benefits you get from the food you eat with those sugars, like a candy bar vs. an apple. But molecularly those are the same sugars.

The post was about fructose - totally different from real sugar.

Pardon? Fructose is a real sugar. It's a monosaccharide found in fruit.

Also two glucose molecules linked together is maltose. It's no more a true sugar than sucrose ie. table sugar, which is glucose and fructose linked together. Both are disaccharides. Neither are 'fake' sugars. Your chemistry is incorrect.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22396/

High fructose corn syrup is also a glucose fructose disaccharide.

You may be interested in reading this article from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition which argues that HFCS is not obesity-promoting.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/88/6/1716S.full
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    need citations from proper medical journals to support each claim and example - journal titles such as "the American Journal of Medicine" and "The Lancet" etc. Most of this information goes against mainstream medical research, not sure one would find citations to support this stuff in proper academic medical journals.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    need citations from proper medical journals to support each claim and example - journal titles such as "the American Journal of Medicine" and "The Lancet" etc. Most of this information goes against mainstream medical research, not sure one would find citations to support this stuff in proper academic medical journals.

It actually does include citations from peer reviewed studies. The interpretation and presentation of some of them is iffy though.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    There are a few good facts but a lot of it is just plain bull $h!t. Who wrote this? Obviously someone who got their degree from a cereal box.

haha was thinking that
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options

That wasn't the point I was making. You claim sugar is evil because of what it does to you. That eating it had you gain 10lbs and that your experience is why people should heed your warning. If it were true, then I should have had the same reaction or worse. But apparently sugar isn't evil to me (or many many others for that matter).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    "I also have a body bug, so I know what I burn every day. "

Any tracker device is just another estimating tool like the online calculators are, though the ones you wear are a bit less likely to overestimate your activity than self-reporting is. They ALL base your estimates on the averages for someone your size, gender and age. Though if you've tracked all your intake, BB estimates and losses for a long period and it all jibes, that might mean you indeed are fairly average and your BB is a good estimator for you.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    My two cents.... and no there isn't any scientific studies that I've read that prove or disprove anything. Just an idea that's been floating around in my head when it comes to food and food harvesting processes etc.

The article stated that there is nothing wrong with unprocessed red meat.... IMO it is impossible, unless you raise and butcher your own cows and pigs and chickens etc. to not consume meat that has not been at least slightly processed. Also, their argument is that humans have been consuming meat for millions of years and diabetes and issues like that are relatively new. millions of years ago.... and even hundreds of years... heck, even a couple centuries ago we weren't injecting our cows with antibiotics and feeding them genetically modified corn based diets. So you can't say definitively that meat is not a problem. I'm not saying that I don't eat meat, or that I think meat is a problem or anything, I LOVE steak and meat in general and I eat a good amount of it. It's just something to think about.

And the whole grain thing, what if it's not the wheat and corn and gluten that's causing the problem? I mean wheat and corn were a pretty good staple for native americans and such. What if it's that science is genetically modifying things to make better, bigger crops? We don't really know the aftermath of how altering things to seemingly make them "better" will affect everything. What if all these new diseases and health conditions are because we as a species just changed something in the DNA code of our foods that cause it to react differently when we consume it?

Just a thought that I've had when it comes down to the food argument.

From a lot of things that I read you are being spot on.

Eating grass fed beef, free range chickens that scavenge for food, free roaming pigs........raw dairy, farm raised eggs from those free range chickens.

The grain products have been genetically modified so much that they are way more potent in terms of sugar, gluten, etc.