3 Days in and not inspired

Options

Replies

• LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    How in the world do any of you consider this helpful or mature in any way?
    It's NOT and it's so immature and least of all helpful in any way shape or form.

OP...take the positive from the thread and let it go... rude ppl are not worth spending anymore time with... you won't find the help you're looking for from insensitive ppl.

Oh good lord there are two of you...I was fairly nice in the beginning btw. After I received a snotty PM from the OP I decided to post my equally snotty response back - because I felt like it.

She posted in a PUBLIC FORUM and she ASKED for help. We tried to help but she argued with anyone that dared to try to point anything out to her.

Continue on your "journey" not accomplishing your goals while moaning about the "mean people" who really just started out trying to help.

Edited to fix a quote location
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This is a first. I am currently the most mature person in here.

Someone has earned himself some booze tonight!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    ...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

Do mine next! Do mine next!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

no wait a darm minute, no one EVER told me that this was supposed to be a mature site... i would have never came...

unless it becomes THAT kind of mature site. In that case, I might spend a lot more time on here. :laugh::drinker:
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not inspired after 3 days?
    You are a woman. Your weight will fluctuate like crazy. You should already know this. I can weigh first thing in the morning and an hour later I'm a pound or two heavier. It happens. Pick one day for weighing. Weigh at same time the next week. Take measurements. Compare them weekly. Notice little differences in the way your clothes fit. Pay attention to how you feel when you go up a flight of stairs. Are you as winded as you may have been a month ago? Is that 20 pound bag of rice/dog food/fertilizer easier to pick up and carry? The scale is NOT the only measurement. Stick with it and don't give up.

Well said
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

Why do you care?....you don't want our advice anyways. JS
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    K , again, if you're going to comment and just say "agree" to people who said I am an idiot then please don't bother commenting. I was overseas for a year and not exercising regularly or dieting. I only gained about 20 pounds probably the year I was overseas, but I went off birth control 3 months ago and it caused me to gain 20 more pounds in a short period of time. Yikeeees, posting on here has shown me that most people would rather make me feel dumb or defeated than be encouraging. Thanks to the people that are explaining how they feel in a nice manner.

So you lost 50 lbs, then gained 40 lbs... and this episode has convinced you that the way to do it this time is to do pretty much the same thing you did in the beginning.

Hm.

Again, not constructive. Go back to taking pictures with your cat. and because I gained back my weight doesn't mean that what I did the first time was wrong, it just means I didn't stick with it, and I admit that, and also went off a medication I had been on for 10 years. In no way did I my original post mean to say that all I plan to eat for the rest of my life is spinach and chicken. haha.

Just for you:

poe.jpg

Your cat really is adorable. There's no denying it. Where's the "awwwwww" smiley when you need one?
  • Levesque_7
    Options

hehehe, this must be the OP's first time on the interwebs lmao
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Don't expect to go down dramatically in just a few days. Took me a very long time to pack on all of my weight. Lost half a hundred pounds but it's taken me all year to do it. Some days I go up, others I go down, but the long time trend is in the right direction.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    K , again, if you're going to comment and just say "agree" to people who said I am an idiot then please don't bother commenting. I was overseas for a year and not exercising regularly or dieting. I only gained about 20 pounds probably the year I was overseas, but I went off birth control 3 months ago and it caused me to gain 20 more pounds in a short period of time. Yikeeees, posting on here has shown me that most people would rather make me feel dumb or defeated than be encouraging. Thanks to the people that are explaining how they feel in a nice manner.

So you lost 50 lbs, then gained 40 lbs... and this episode has convinced you that the way to do it this time is to do pretty much the same thing you did in the beginning.

Hm.

Again, not constructive. Go back to taking pictures with your cat. and because I gained back my weight doesn't mean that what I did the first time was wrong, it just means I didn't stick with it, and I admit that, and also went off a medication I had been on for 10 years. In no way did I my original post mean to say that all I plan to eat for the rest of my life is spinach and chicken. haha.

Just for you:

poe.jpg

hehehe rawrrrrr
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I went on the cauliflower diet once. Three long days of cauliflower juice, cauliflower toast, cauliflower bon bons... At the end of the third day I clicked my heels 3 times and *poof* I became Heidi Klum. You must be doing it wrong.
  • Ale8a
    Ale8a Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My weight was a yo-yo my whole life by doing this kind of diet and extreme exercises routine..So, I went to a dietitian and she gave me some ideas in order to control my portions, that's it.. I eat something sweet every morning because I wouldn't keep going eating healthy the rest of the day. Find those things that you can't live without, or simply you don't want to live without them and commit to an easier way. You would be surprise how low in calories a meal that contains brown rice or whole grain pasta can be if you control the portion to a cup or half a cup. You will be surprise on how much that is too! Another tip that I just started doing this week, cook on Sunday the meals for the week, lunch and dinner, and you'll have more time to relax and workout without stressing too much. Good luck!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Let's just change this thread to show pics of that cute cat :smile: please and thank you (see, I'm not rude)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What did you expect when you posted this? We would some how offer suggestions on how to eat chicken and vegetables in a different, more inspiring way?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    I went on the cauliflower diet once. Three long days of cauliflower juice, cauliflower toast, cauliflower bon bons... At the end of the third day I clicked my heels 3 times and *poof* I became Heidi Klum. You must be doing it wrong.

There's a cauliflower diet? Dear God, that must be concocted by the devil himself, the end result being a serial killer that's hangry all the time.
  • ReadynWillin
    Options
    Your gain was probably due to using muscles again and the water retention that resulted. And your weight can fluctuate like 7 pound in one day for various reasons.

Quoted because it's true. Sooo true!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    or, you need to go to the bathroom. big time!

and im actually not even kidding...

whenever my teenage daughter complains that she gained 2-3 pounds, i tell her to go poop... usually puts the scale number back to place :)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

no wait a darm minute, no one EVER told me that this was supposed to be a mature site... i would have never came...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    One more.

poe2.jpg
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    OP if I missed it then my bad, but do you weigh and/or measure out your food daily?? and I am joining the ranks of those on here telling you that all that is needed to lose weight is to eat in a modest caloric deficit. Making major changes in your diet and getting uninspired after only 3 days isn't going to get you anywhere, adherence is the key to success and that sustainability will need to be long term (rest of your life). Pay attention to those giving you advice (that you deem rude) alot of them have lost alot of weight (see tickers) and have been here for awhile. And you are on a public forum and will get silly responses and gif's, it is all in fun so I would suggest taking it that way.... but back to my original question?? How accurate are you track food???
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Just for you:

poe.jpg
    poe2.jpg

:heart: :heart:
This discussion has been closed.