3 Days in and not inspired

Options
1234568»

Replies

• rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is a first. I am currently the most mature person in here.

Someone has earned himself some booze tonight!

No. Out. You're barred!
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat enough. If you eat too little your body will try go into survival mode. Also, weight fluctuates constantly. Do you weigh yourself at the same time of day? I can fluctuate by a pound or two depending on the time of day I way. Also, muscle is heavier than fat. Measure yourself in inches, not pounds. Do you feel stronger? Do your clothes fit better? You should give yourself at LEAST a week before you judge things.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    jonnythan, I take your cat and raise you a Russian Blue!

rw3mg3.jpg

Your cat is pretty darn cute though :P
  • drams5
    drams5 Posts: 26
    Options

Just for you:

poe.jpg

Ohmygosh....now I love your cat, too! Hi Kitty!
  • drams5
    drams5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Back to the OP...I almost always gain weight the first few days into a new exercise program. Whether it is gaining muscle or retaining water, I don't know. But you are THREE days in. Stay off the scale for a while. If you are making good choices, it will happen.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    im done with all of this immaturity! im going to go do something mature... im going to use my prankdial app to call my kids high school... done playing with you kids...
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm serious this time.. if you look back on my diary you can see I started to do a low carb thing with gym and was sporadic about updating and then stopped. Starting Monday I have eaten nothing but spinach and grilled chicken with green bell pepper and red bell pepper for lunch with about a tablespoon of lite italian dressing, snacking on almonds (never more than 15) when I get cravings during the work day and drinking lots of water. At dinner I have had the same, except last night I had a can of light progresso chicken noodle soup. I've mixed in some grilled zuchinni here and there and eaten a banana and an apple here and there but that is pretty much it. I have also exercised all 3 days for at least an hour 2 of the 3 days doing high intensity interval type workouts on the tredmil elliptical and bike and follow it with lifting weights for my chest and arms to tone up and some hip abduction thigh machines. I feel like after 3 days I would at least maintain my weight or lose a couple of pounds but I seem to have almost gained a pound.

This is not helping me to get motivated and continue! I'm not eating any bread or processed foods and only drinking water and really cutting back on carbs... Any suggestions?

Shaking my head at this while biting into a cookie. Yeah, good luck with sticking to that. You can lose weight with a healthy balanced diet. No need to torture yourself with only spinach and chicken.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Just for you:

poe.jpg

Ohmygosh....now I love your cat, too! Hi Kitty!

Something constructive for this discussion.

Opus...oh how I miss you.

32813929_793.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This is a first. I am currently the most mature person in here.

Someone has earned himself some booze tonight!

No. Out. You're barred!

I will not be bullied!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

rw3mg3.jpg

Doesn't count if it's not your cat! Is it? If so, then then that's awfully cute!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Oh Hai! We can haz soulz now?

IMG_0304.jpg
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    O geez.....Why do everybody have to "be inspired" to get things done? What happened to "just do it!!" :bigsmile: Just listen to people, eat enough food, don't expect results in three days, and stop being so cranky....
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    As promised, here is my response to your PM to me....just to keep everyone up to date. I am not posting your message to me as I am not as rude as you seem to think.

"You are in some sort of bubble if you didn't expect that post of yours to cause such responses. It has to be a troll post as I cannot comprehend someone seriously writing that and then responding the way you have been.

You were ASKING for help and anyone who stated that what you are doing is not a sustainable path was met with argument from you. If you know it all already then just do it.

Ok, I will be constructive...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

I am generally not this bit**y to people but come on....really?

I am posting my response to the thread...just because I can. Feel free to hit "ignore user" under my profile pic so you don't have to see anything I write."
    :huh: wow, so unnecessary!
    ...there, there you are a special snowflake and since you are trying so hard I am going to magically melt the fat off of your body for you (waves magic wand).

Do mine next! Do mine next!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

How in the world do any of you consider this helpful or mature in any way?
    It's NOT and it's so immature and least of all helpful in any way shape or form.

OP...take the positive from the thread and let it go... rude ppl are not worth spending anymore time with... you won't find the help you're looking for from insensitive ppl.

I will add, get friendly with the 'ignore button', it's located below the users name and is a drop down menu. The ignore button will save many brain cells and time, it's a wonderful feature.:love:

Yes, the absolute best thing to do in a thread like this is to ignore all of the insensitive people who have had a great deal of success and are giving you good information for how to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way, build healthy habits that will carry you into maintenance, while answering the questions posed in your OP. These terrible, insensitive people who don't want to see you miserable or harming yourself to get to your desired weight...

...wait. What?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

rw3mg3.jpg

Doesn't count if it's not your cat! Is it? If so, then then that's awfully cute!

Yesh. His name is Coal and he enjoys me doing these things to him...at least, that's what he told me >.>

330sevt.jpg
  • staceykristen
    staceykristen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not harming myself because I ate spinach chicken fruits and veggies for lunch for 3 days. I bought a bag of spinach, I grilled up some chicken and I cut up some red and green bell peppers and brought veggies to work for the week and didn't switch it up. You can see my diary if you think I'm "harming myself" it's only been 3 days and I just wanted to eat what I had at work for lunch until it was gone so I didn't have to shop and so I didn't go out to eat.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not harming myself because I ate spinach chicken fruits and veggies for lunch for 3 days. I bought a bag of spinach, I grilled up some chicken and I cut up some red and green bell peppers and brought veggies to work for the week and didn't switch it up. You can see my diary if you think I'm "harming myself" it's only been 3 days and I just wanted to eat what I had at work for lunch until it was gone so I didn't have to shop and so I didn't go out to eat.

YOU'RE BACK! *phew* I thought we done did scare yew away:)
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm serious this time.. if you look back on my diary you can see I started to do a low carb thing with gym and was sporadic about updating and then stopped. Starting Monday I have eaten nothing but spinach and grilled chicken with green bell pepper and red bell pepper for lunch with about a tablespoon of lite italian dressing, snacking on almonds (never more than 15) when I get cravings during the work day and drinking lots of water. At dinner I have had the same, except last night I had a can of light progresso chicken noodle soup. I've mixed in some grilled zuchinni here and there and eaten a banana and an apple here and there but that is pretty much it. I have also exercised all 3 days for at least an hour 2 of the 3 days doing high intensity interval type workouts on the tredmil elliptical and bike and follow it with lifting weights for my chest and arms to tone up and some hip abduction thigh machines. I feel like after 3 days I would at least maintain my weight or lose a couple of pounds but I seem to have almost gained a pound.

This is not helping me to get motivated and continue! I'm not eating any bread or processed foods and only drinking water and really cutting back on carbs... Any suggestions?

When you try to change everything all at once, anything short of total compliance can feel like a failure. If you make a mistake and have a slice of a co-workers birthday cake at lunch, that doesn't mean you have to say screw it the rest of the day and have pizza for dinner and skip your workout. Just take it one meal at a time, one workout at a time. Also, the exercise bit tends to be a lot harder when you do it to lose weight or change your appearance. Find something you love to do that you look forward to. For me, that is CrossFit and biking. Not many people stick to cardio machines and weight machines for very long because it can be tedious and isn't social.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey Folks,

A quick explanation for locking this topic... its morphed into an adorable cat gif thread which is far from where is started. The OP has had the opportunity to receive a great deal of feedback and these conversations can continue on in private messages.

Please do keep our community guidelines in mind when posting:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Regards,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.