anyone over or around 250 or have a lot to lose?

Options

Replies

• alexsondra34
    alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    249 pounds trying to get down to 160, just started last week, my aim is to lose 3 to 4 pounds a week (3 to 4 pounds is my normal rate when i eat properly and exercise).

i'm of an athletic build and carry most of my weight on the bottom half, thunder thighs ahoy.
    this is my second and last time trying to get rid of the weight, i started piling it on when i was 24; 3 kids and 10 years later is still haunting me.
    3 years ago i managed to get down from 240 to 180 and then it came back with a vengeance, you live and you learn, if this sounds like what you are looking for add me up.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I started at 256 in march so I know how you are feeling. I just got under 200 this month! One day at a time and remember that you will mess up here and there but you just have get back on the wagon and keep going. Feel free to add me if you want

Wow I'm very impressed and hope and I follow in your shoes. That is incredible.

This seems to be an old thread, but anyone posting recently or in the past - you can add me.. I started at 168 and am down a little over 10 pounds. My 1st goal is to get to ONEderland and then go from there. I am on every day (ok,missed one traveling lol).

Good luck!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I thought I would post and update to this thread. The last time I commented I was down 55 pounds and now I am down 131 pounds. I started my journey on June 1st of 2013 at 315 pounds and am now 186 pounds. At 5 foot 6 inches I am officially no longer obese and now only overweight! I also am no longer on insulin, blood pressure meds or cholesterol meds. I work out and do weight training daily and I have run in two 5ks. That is something that a little over a year ago I would have never imagined myself doing. This past Sunday my husband and I took our bikes into Savannah and rode 22.4 miles. I am still working towards my goal and look for inspiration daily. Hoping everyone is on their path to a fit and healthy life.

Congrats! That is so inspiring!
  • pcknits
    pcknits Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I thought I would post and update to this thread. The last time I commented I was down 55 pounds and now I am down 131 pounds. I started my journey on June 1st of 2013 at 315 pounds and am now 186 pounds. At 5 foot 6 inches I am officially no longer obese and now only overweight! I also am no longer on insulin, blood pressure meds or cholesterol meds. I work out and do weight training daily and I have run in two 5ks. That is something that a little over a year ago I would have never imagined myself doing. This past Sunday my husband and I took our bikes into Savannah and rode 22.4 miles. I am still working towards my goal and look for inspiration daily. Hoping everyone is on their path to a fit and healthy life.

Amazing! Congratulations, you are an inspiration for me!
  • fitbeast70
    fitbeast70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've got to lose about 160 pounds. Would love to add friends that have the same goals!
  • bubsnoble
    bubsnoble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 38 when i was in my early 20s I was a nice 129 lbs.. after marriage children well general life of emotional eating I ballooned up to 250... it has been struggle but no I seem to be on track.. now 218 ish.. still a LONG ways to go yet ;) I am always looking for friends who are in the same boat as me .. so please feel free to add me :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I was 234 a year ago and now am at 153.. you can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • alexsondra34
    alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bubsnoble,this is a bit off topic, i'm a bit shy to ask......but who's the hunk on your profile picture? :blushing:
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I started at 198 and I'm 5'1''. I'm currently at 192. I log every day. I really want to see this journey trough and I think support is very important! Feel free to add me!
  • jtitus2014
    jtitus2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started last week at 280 lbs. I have lost 2.2 lbs the past week and I also struggle with my calories and even more my sodium (I bloat and retain water like crazy). This is the first time I have actually ever been this serious and taking the right steps for weight loss and a healthier life. I used to starve myself to lose the wight and than would put back on the lost weight plus some but not this time around. If you want to add me go ahead and we could be each other's motivation :)
  • cjl1168
    cjl1168 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 and SLOWLY going down, this is my second shot again, hurt my back part way first time and had to wait for it to heal and no activity the weight climbed back up fast. I am hoping to get around 155-160 so I have about 100 to lose and it is a struggle. I am working out 4-5 days a week minimum and eating less than 1350 calories and two weeks so far I have gained. I am making smart choices and my skinny friends tell me either I am not eating enough or I am gaining muscle that one makes me laugh most..
    I just keep trying!

If anyone lives in Vegas and knows a nutritionist that is any good, send me a note!

Good luck to you! and I would be happy to help encourage you!! Cj
  • PatrickGrimes
    Options
    That's about where I am. I've lost about 95 lbs since the beginning of the year & still looking to loose another 60 - 70 lbs.
  • alisidewinder06
    alisidewinder06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey just starting out, been at this weight loss for about 2 weeks now. I weighed myself and found out I was 200lbs. I am not putting up with it. This new job I have I sit at a desk all day so I have to do something or I will become very unhealthy. Well I cut out soda and only drinking tea and water. I bring my lunch with me now and I don't eat out (unless its payday and I might grab some sushi or chipotle) I started two weeks ago I weighed 200lbs, I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 2 lbs. I haven't had a craving for soda and I cut out a lot of unhealthy snacks (chips, donuts, ice cream). Chips are my weakness but I have limit myself. Trying to stay strong.

I do have a question though, that bar that shows underneith your comments that shows how much weight you have lost, how do you get that?
  • snf78
    snf78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can find the bar or "ticker" under APPS at the top of the page.

CONGRATS on the weight loss, that is sooo very inspiring!

On August 15th I went to my doctor and I told him I'm very unhappy with my weight and it worries me sick what health issues I may have knocking at my door. I'm 5'4'' 36 yrs old and on August 15th I weighed 258 pounds. I'm a mother to 4 beautiful children ages 17 (senior this year... so hard to believe), 15 yr old, 13 yr old and a 4 yr old. The past several months it's really been taking a toll on me, looking at my children thinking to myself, "What would they do without me here"? I want to LIVE ..... I want to live to see ALL of my kids get married, I want to live to spoil my grandchildren!!
    My doctor says to me, "Shannon, I promise you if you stick to 1500 calories a day and 30 minutes, 3 times a week of extreme power walking, you will be amazed at how the weight literally disappears". He talked to me about MFP ..... I went home, thought about what he had said to me all weekend and on Sunday August 17th I joined MFP.
    I've never had a problem over eating .... my problem is just the opposite .... I was one who ate nothing but supper and snacks at night. After reading around MFP a little and realizing it's now or never, I want a happy healthy life with my grandchildren I decided no more Soda (from 3-4 cans a day) and I'm going to start this right first thing in the morning.
    Since that Monday I have been getting up, eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper .... no more snacking in the evenings (only because I'm not hungry) and I've not had a soda since that Sunday (don't even crave it!) nothing but water and my morning cup of coffee. Went for a walk the evening of my first day ..... felt good, released stress, felt "alive". Woke up the next morning saw that I had dropped 2.8 pounds from the morning before and from there on out, I'VE BEEN HOOKED!!!!!!
    Today I weight 244.8 and while I know this is A LOT of weight that I dropped in just 10 short days and probably most of it is water weight ..... I'm soooooo beyond excited and it's all only up hill for me from here on out!!! I already in just 10 days feel so much better, I can work out longer, I've been out and about playing with the kids .... I don't feel tired and bloated all the time!! I know that the weight is going to start tapering off and it's going to take longer to drop those pounds ... but it WON'T stop me, I'm on a mission and I'm not stopping :)
    I sincerely hope that a year from now, I can be an inspiration to so many people on here the same way that some of you reporting today are to me :)
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    tumblr_mesrvh9tBK1rbppkco1_400.gif

If you get it, you'll get it. If not, I'm not sure we were ever meant to be friends anyway.
  • freedomwriter88
    freedomwriter88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw this board, and it called to me. 263, with a weight loss goal of 120.
  • daybyday45
    Options
    yes meee....I joined yesterday, ( started today ) and am 253.5 lb. I've set my goal at 198.4 lb. ( to start with at least, I'll reassess how I feel when I get there).

Would like to hear from others who are on a similar journey :)
  • jsteward701
    jsteward701 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Brianna. I am where you are...over 250...wanting to lose around 100+ pounds. Just started this journey on Sunday. I have got to do it this time!! I will be 43 years old in a month and I am tired of being heavy. I need all the support I can get too! :)
  • smb1183
    smb1183 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This board called out to me too. I'm 256, taking it 10 pounds at a time. Would love to meet some new friends for support and motivation.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! 275(ish) and looking to drop 100 or so lbs. I'll reassess after I get to that point. :smile: