Would you keep using MFP if it wasn't free?

Options

Replies

• kathyrhyme
    Options
    nope
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No. I'd probably just revert back to good ole pen and paper.

^^ This! The reason I'm using it, is because its free.
  • ekalexm
    Options
    No. MFP is useful but not worth paying for.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    More than likely No. Sad as that is to say it one of the free sites that helps with weight loss. With the current economy it is a want not a need.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Don't be so silly, never
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would as it syncs well with my Fitbit
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • marvinrobot
    Options
    If they would invest it in improving the mobile apps (android has a couple of bugs that one can workaround and a couple of usability flaws) and the overall performance and quality I'd probably consider it. Of course this would depend on the pricing.

A general "no"? No!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    yes. No question about it.
  • lissaann29078
    lissaann29078 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would have to say no, it's hardly worth paying for! There are so many other option, I'm sure I could find something else.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how much and the terms... I don't want another monthly fee. Cheap annual fee, maybe.
  • SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Would depend on price, but first thought is no.
  • glades250
    Options
    No. I have used and liked My Food Diary dot com and really like it. I am starting to see some disadvantages with MFP being free. I don't mind paying for something if it has value. I may go back to My Food Diary as it stores your entries and you can add/delete as needed.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Probably, depending on price.

There are no other free sites with a good/big enough food database, especially for UK people.

And a reason for charging would be to speed up development and iron out bugs...

Yes, there are. I just happened to come across this site. It was the first one that I used and I just stuck with it. There are other sites with lots of other features, though.
    No. I have used and liked My Food Diary dot com and really like it. I am starting to see some disadvantages with MFP being free. I don't mind paying for something if it has value. I may go back to My Food Diary as it stores your entries and you can add/delete as needed.
    I just came across that site today when I was thinking about closing my account here. I think that they charge about $100+ for a year. I need to test it out first to make sure that it has everything, but I like that you can't even see the forums without being a member. Like you said, there are some disadvantages to having certain things free.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have tried it out in the first place if it wasn't free.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I would look at other sites, consider the price, and make the best decision for me.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    nope!
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The only reason I'm here is because it's free