Options
    To the OP - great post.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great.

Now I want a Twinkie.
    NO

Likelihood of me eating a Twinkie just quadrupled...

...and that would involve getting in my car and going to the store to buy some.

You could run...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Here's the issue. "Mostly clean" is a complete copout. People who subscribe to IIFYM would then mostly also be considered "clean eaters" based on that criteria. So then why is it that "clean eaters" are the ones who act superior, and insist that if you follow IIFYM you must just be eating Big Macs and Twinkies exclusively?

On one side you have people talking about what they eat most of the time, and on the other you have people talking about what they eat some of the time. And if you look at the diaries, it's not particularly clear there's a difference. It's a stupid argument both ways.

I look at weight trackers.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Here's the issue. "Mostly clean" is a complete copout. People who subscribe to IIFYM would then mostly also be considered "clean eaters" based on that criteria. So then why is it that "clean eaters" are the ones who act superior, and insist that if you follow IIFYM you must just be eating Big Macs and Twinkies exclusively?

On one side you have people talking about what they eat most of the time, and on the other you have people talking about what they eat some of the time. And if you look at the diaries, it's not particularly clear there's a difference. It's a stupid argument both ways.

I'm not convinced this is always the case...or even mostly.

I'm pretty sure I fall outside that at least: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL ORGANIC FOOD AND FREE RANGE MEAT OR YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!

What do you mean? We all are going to die eventually, lol but if you meant before your time, which no one knows,...then... okay!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Great.

Now I want a Twinkie.
    NO

Likelihood of me eating a Twinkie just quadrupled...

...and that would involve getting in my car and going to the store to buy some.

You could run...

LOL

Good one.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I fall outside that at least: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6
    Great diary. :heart: :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

What are you talking about? He's probably in starvation mode already!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

As is, perhaps, but I am assuming the addition of at least one Twinkie and 4.034569 cups of ice cream later, which should hold starvation mode at bay for today at least. :tongue:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

As is, perhaps, but I am assuming the addition of at least one Twinkie and 4.034569 cups of ice cream later, which should hold starvation mode at bay for today at least. :tongue:

:laugh:

The real question is whether it's better to be in starvation mode than to ingest all those toxins.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

No.

On one side you have people saying that what they eat some of the time is food that's automatically bad.

On the other side you have people saying that the food they eat {some,all} of the time is 100% fine.

Also, Zingers are infinitely superior to Twinkies.

Now you want Zingers.

220px-Vanilla_zingers.JPG
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

No.

On one side you have people saying that what they eat some of the time is food that's automatically bad.

On the other side you have people saying that the food they eat {some,all} of the time is 100% fine.

Also, Zingers are infinitely superior to Twinkies.

Now you want Zingers.

220px-Vanilla_zingers.JPG

Ah, yeah, *now* I can see what side of the argument I'm on.

And yes, now I want Zingers...

...because they're like Twinkies, but with frosting.
  • CatLambee
    Options
    I find "non-clean" eaters to act superior a lot of the time compared to clean. I see a lot of clean eaters trying to get other to hop on board because, yeah, less chimicals and fats and sugars is obviously going to be better for you in the long run.

But I see a hell of a lot more people who feel personally attacked by the simple suggestion of "eating clean" or a vegan diet, and the idea that it is, shockingly, more healthy for you than the standard western diet of processed foods.

I'd had a lot of people get on my *kitten* about trying to eat cleaner, or eliminate certain foods from my diet. Never have I once had a vegan or clean-eater look down on me for chowing down on a double cheeseburger.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of clean eaters trying to get other to hop on board because, yeah, less chimicals and fats and sugars is obviously going to be better for you in the long run.
    Obviously....
  • jonnythan
    Options
    less chimicals and fats and sugars is obviously going to be better for you in the long run.

Oh yeah?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Never have I once had a vegan or clean-eater look down on me for chowing down on a double cheeseburger.

A "clean" double cheeseburger you made at home?

Or a filthy dirty nasty not-even-real-food, chemical storm double cheeseburger from a chemical dispensary (aka fast food restaurant)?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Never have I once had a vegan or clean-eater look down on me for chowing down on a double cheeseburger.

By the way, I see you're new here. Just so you know, people do this all the time on MFP. People constantly tell me and others that we're going to get cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc., from McDonald's and Pop Tarts. People constantly tell me and others that we simply don't care as much about our health as they do. People constantly tell me and others we'd see better fitness, body composition, and health marker benefits if we didn't eat that stuff. People constantly tell me and others that our choices are inferior to theirs.

This happens all the time. If I had a dollar every time someone told me fast food or sugar is going to give me cancer or diabetes or whatever else, I'd be a rich man.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This happens all the time. If I had a dollar every time someone told me fast food or sugar is going to give me cancer or diabetes or whatever else, I'd be a rich man.

you should probably donate the money to cancer research. seeing as you're gonna need it with all your dirty eating habits
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

you should probably donate the money to cancer research. seeing as you're gonna need it with all your dirty eating habits

I bet he'd just waste it on his McDonald's and Poptarts addiction.

Seek help, Jonnythan! Before it's too late!
  • jonnythan
    Options

I bet he'd just waste it on his McDonald's and Poptarts addiction.

Seek help, Jonnythan! Before it's too late!

You haven't lived til you've snorted powdered Pop-Tart off Ronald McDonald's bum.