Clean Eating Bashing?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Didnt read other comments.

I've noticed a little bit, or defending poorer choices like fast food, and yes they do have nutritional value, but seems silly to bash eating fresh fruit and veggies over packaged or prepared foods.

Nobody is saying not to eat fruit and veg...most people would agree that ones diet should largely consist of nutrient dense foods...most people would agree that fruit and veg and lean proteins and healthy fats should all be part of a well rounded and balanced diet...it's the over the top, you can't have anything processed and everything must be organic or you're going to die bull **** that drives people crazy. "Clean Eaters" and paleo folks are like some kind of weird cult religion.

I eat a well balanced diet rich in nutrient dense whole foods...I also eat ice cream regularly and drink beer and stuff...I'm at a healthy weight and BF%...I feel great and I rock my fitness...I don't need to eat 100% whole organic foods to kick *kitten*...nobody does. I meat my nutritional requirements with food...after that, I don't get extra credit for more broccoli...I'm going to have a cookie if I have calories and macro budget for it.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    No one bashes grilled chicken and broccoli.

TBH, that sounds flavourless and awful. Like hotel banquet food.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Stahp the bashing! :angry:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Grilled != plain.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

thats what i was thinking put some salt on it people
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "If you choose that great go ahead but there are lots here who know that in the end of it all those who deprive themselves of the items they want ie "bad" food like pizza, or cookies or cake or nuggets will eventually fail..it is the psychology of weight loss. "

I eat a plant based whole foods diet (basically vegan but more for health reasons not as much for moral reasons) and I have no cravings for pizza, cookies, cake, or nuggets. It's not the psychology of weight loss. And anyway I'm not doing this for weight loss - the pounds I'm shedding are just a bonus. I'm a firm believer in you crave what you eat. In my experience so far if you give your body the proper nutrients you won't crave the things that are bad for it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    As I see it: everyone who's lost weight is sure they're the ones doing it right. And face it, we're all good at losing weight. Are we all good at KEEPING IT OFF? not so much. But isn't this the real goal????

We could all do with a bit of seeing that everyone comes at this from their own place. And that everyone has a successful path. We could do well by helping each other identify that path. We seem to get stuck, as zealots often do, with wanting to cheer/stress/pressure folks onto our own path. I see it often outside the boards. You Like your phone/jacket/carrier/cable/netflix/whatever and want others to like it (either because you truly believe it's best, or want to believe it's best) so you "sell" them on it (again, as zealots often do). Either by promoting its good qualities (AS YOU SEE THEM) or by dismissing the qualities of the other options (AGAIN: AS YOU SEE THEM). All it really does is say a lot about you, and where you're at.

Clean eating is today's whipping boy (because the name is dumb). iffym or "lifting heavy" may soon be the whipping boy. In fact, I pretty much predict they will be.

If you've been around a while, you begin to see patterns.

My point? Remember that everyone comes to myfitnesspal.com at different a place and time in life. Let them have their own journey. I'm not saying don't help them out. But let them see that there ARE many ways up the mountain.

And remember: the goal is to KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. Consider that when you preach the one right way.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    it's an all or nothing kinda religion ... you can eat salads and lean meat all organic for 6 days, but if you go to McDonalds on the 7th day you are out of the club
    As YOU understand things.

I can just picture you at Taco Bell ordering a smothered chicken burrito :laugh:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

thats what i was thinking put some salt on it people

Actually I think this is where that filthy cheese goes!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    it's an all or nothing kinda religion ... you can eat salads and lean meat all organic for 6 days, but if you go to McDonalds on the 7th day you are out of the club

I can just picture you at Taco Bell ordering a smothered chicken burrito :laugh:
    Oh, kiddo, I couldn't care less, as I've said before, about how YOU see things. You've repeatedly said you don't care how I do things, or what I think of things, but you sure do spend time mocking how YOU think I do things. When you really don't have a clue.

I'm in year 12 of maintenance. And I eat damned well.
    so, umm...whatever. :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    Options

I couldn't care less, as I've said, about how YOU see things. You've repeatedly said you don't care how I do things, or what I think of things, but you sure do spend time mocking how YOU think I do things. When you really don't have a clue.

Nope. I don't mock how you do things.

I mock the specious unscientific claims you make about the benefits of how you do things. I mock the false negative effects you claim come from doing things other ways.

In other words, I mock the misinformation you spread. How you personally eat is irrelevant.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I couldn't care less, as I've said, about how YOU see things. You've repeatedly said you don't care how I do things, or what I think of things, but you sure do spend time mocking how YOU think I do things. When you really don't have a clue.

Nope. I don't mock how you do things.

I mock the specious unscientific claims you make about the benefits of how you do things. I mock the false negative effects you claim come from doing things other ways.

In other words, I mock the misinformation you spread. How you personally eat is irrelevant.
    And as I've repeatedly said: WHAT have I said that's misinformation? What have I said that's false? What have I said that is unscientific? you've never said that. Just blathered on about how YOU think I eat? What have I said? Seriously? The ONLY thing I've done is challenge your OPINION that your way is the best way. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    And as I've repeatedly said: WHAT have I said that's misinformation? What have I said that's false? What have I said that is unscientific? you've never said that. Just blathered on about how YOU think I eat? over and over. But then, you don't care.

Night night johnny.

I point it out when you do it. No worries. As I said, I neither know nor care about how you eat. What I care about is the lies you tell other people.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    And as I've repeatedly said: WHAT have I said that's misinformation? What have I said that's false? What have I said that is unscientific? you've never said that. Just blathered on about how YOU think I eat? over and over. But then, you don't care.

Night night johnny.

I point it out when you do it. No worries.
    NO you don't. NEVER. In fact.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm going to point out that it's time you two got a room...

:smokin:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Night night johnny.

I point it out when you do it. No worries. As I said, I neither know nor care about how you eat. What I care about is the lies you tell other people.
    And yet you comment, repeatedly (or rather MOCK) how you think I eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

please, no. It would be such a dull room.

and come on? In mfp terms this does NOT qualify for a room lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

srsly
    funny-gifs-omg-you-guys-get-a-room-300x225.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

srsly
    funny-gifs-omg-you-guys-get-a-room-300x225.gif
    I get to be McCoy. He's at least interesting.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Cheers guys. I've got lesson plans to write. and night night johhnyzealot.