Replies

• rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    In for tastiness!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. Keep'em coming, people!
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mygnsac
    Options
    This may not qualify (5 main ingredients + water and seasonings), but my mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. I never cared much for ham, but I did like this. I never make it these days and haven't tried converting it into a healthier dish yet.

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
    - 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    - 1/2 cup chopped onion
    - 1 cup chopped cooked ham
    - 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    - 1/2 cup water
    - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    - 1/4 teaspoon salt
    - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Place the potatoes, shredded cheese, onion and ham in the slow cooker and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together the condensed soup, water and seasonings and pour evenly over the potato mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Here are few I like:

Chicken & Lentil soup (more than 5 ingredients though): Two chicken breasts, two chopped tomatoes, two chopped carrots, two chopped celery stalks, two ounces fresh spinach, two cloves garlic, one small chopped onion, 1/2 cup red lentils, 1 tsp salt, pepper, 6 cups water. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serves 4. Add 2 tbs grated parm cheese per serving.

Roast chicken: Put 3 sheets of balled up foil on the bottom of the crockpot and place whole chicken (seasoned however you like - and stuff herbs in the cavity) on top of the foil. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I like to do this and then just eat the chicken throughout the next week in sandwiches, wraps, added to beans, soups, etc.

Steel Cut Oatmeal: Before going to bed, I place a heat proof bowl directly into the crock pot and place a water bath around the bowl. Add the oats and liquid in the bowl (I also usually add some raisins and walnuts and cinnamon). Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Beef stew: Cube a pot roast and quick-brown the pieces on all sides. In the crockpot add the roast a couple chopped carrots and celery stalks, small new potatoes cut in half, chopped onion, a few cloves of chopped garlic, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup red wine, and about 6 cups of water. Cook on high for about 8 hours. During the last hour, mix 3 tbs of flour with a couple ounces of water and add it and about 1/2 cup of corn and a 1/2 cup of frozen/thawed peas to the stew.
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can't take the credit for this one...it came from SkinnyTaste, but it was really good!

1.5 lb chicken thighs (boneless)
    1 cup chunky salsa
    1 tsp salt or adobo seasoning
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp southwest seasoning

cook on low for 4 hours....after the 4 hours, take out of the crockpot and shred chicken....put back in the crock pot, add 1/4 tsp cumin and let sit for about a half hour.

It was really good! Keep in mind though, even though its a ST recipe, it still has 190 calories per HALF CUP...which isnt much if you put it on a salad or over baked chips.
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump ... Time to dust off the slow cooker!!!
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Definitely BUMP!!
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried this and it was awesome. Someone posted it on a different thread.

2 lbs chicken
    1/4 cup taco seasoning.
    1 jar salsa
  • SusannaBanana5293
    SusannaBanana5293 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump for later when I need a recipe :) Thanks!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for delicious recipes. Thanks everyone.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.

How was it? I'm thinking of trying this recipe.

Sounds yummy~
    I love pulled pork from the crockpot. I've never added beer, though... Anyway, if you add the bbq sauce as you need it instead of all at once you can use the pulled pork for other things, like tacos. I love me some pulled pork tacos.
  • leasorath
    leasorath Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    BUMP
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Made this last week

Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops with Golden Gravy

4 bonein pork chops
    1 can (15oz) cream of chicken soup
    1 packet dry ranch seasoning
    1tbsp butter

Brown pork chops in butter on all sides and layer in bottom of slow cooker. Mix together soup and ranch packet and pour over pork chops. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8.

Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, polenta.... Whatever! It's pretty rich, so a nice garden salad work well too.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    BUMP!