Join me...100 pounds to lose!

Options

Replies

• chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kidakiwi04, GIRLFRIEND...I know you didn't just sit and WATCH!! :indifferent: No really though, those ellipticals are some wicked workouts, so it's all good...but I'm gonna keep you to that "will do them tonight" :tongue:
    As far as logging it, I would use aerobics. What do you ladies think?? And believe me, I know about doing things on a budget. My whole life revolves around a budget!

Vjackson...That's 5 POUNDS kicked to the curb! Way to go!!

Debhall, 3-6 miles a day? That's awesome! Keep up that walking. I so wish I could get myself motivated to walk more!

Keep moving, all, and drink your water!!!! :heart:
  • celtic_chick
    Options
    Would love to join! It's my first day and I know I need the support. Have read through all of the posts and it seems like this is a great place to be. :smile:
  • Casablanca911
    Options
    Wow, what a great idea! I just started on here and need all the support I can get, and helping others along the way would be a bonus.
  • posy43
    posy43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your wish is my command Chillrose...you asked and I appear :laugh:

Thank you for inviting me to join your group I look forward to posting with you all

Alison x
  • chillrose
    Options
    Welcome Posey43, and all the others who have joined our group! For those of you who missed it, we are on day 2 of the
    NEW YOU 7 day bootcamp::bigsmile:

Here are the links to day one and day two.

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XFBkv2xjbU

Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDXQcLDXYhg

ENJOY and tell me what you think about it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chillrose
    Options
    Well, just my opinion, but day 2 bootcamp workout was HARD!! It was killer on my knees.
    And I will admit, I improvised. No weights, as I have enough weight just on my body, and my knees were SCREAMING at me, FOR REAL!! :noway:

And I had no ball either. I'm at work, and I had to sneak this workout in my office..LOL So what do you ladies think about it??
    Love it, :heart: Hate it,:angry:

Wow can't wait till day 3!!:huh:
  • seagal83
    Options
    Hello......mind if I join? I started on Monday and have been happily watching the scale go down each morning. I've already lost 4.7lbs but have a ways to go.

Height: 5'7''

Starting weight: 231lbs

Current weight: 226lbs

Goal: 135lbs
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I know a lot of people on mfp have set up a series of mini goals for themselves. How many of you have done that? How did you decide how much/by when you'd like to meet your mini goals? The only "mini" goal I had in mind when I started was to be under 200 by Christmas, but that's already halfway to my goal weight. I'm wondering if I'd be better off to set smaller goals so I can feel like I'm accomplishing along the way. Thanks for any feedback!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Final weigh in this week 299.6 for a grand total of 4.8 pounds the first week on MFP. Most excited by the fact that I'm under 300. That was my goal for August :happy: So I guess I'll get a head start on my next goal of 285 by end of September. I've been thinking about goals a lot this week and trying to figure out some good mini goals. I was all set to have a mini goal of losing15 pounds a month, which I thought would be aggressive but achievable. Hmm, guess I'll have to see how next week goes and then reassess.
  • thankyoulord
    Options
    yes...sign me up..
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Everyone my name is Brenda and I am 50 years old. I would like to post my success story for you all to read and also say that I am so pleased to be able to meet all of you. Remember, "YOU CAN DO THIS" all of you deserve to be healthy, happy, and all that you desire to be. I am here for any of you; if you need help please let me know and I will try to do what I can. This is not a diet it is a true lifestyle change not only physical but also mentally as well. Everyone is off to a great start by just saying I want to be a part of this journey. Now, next step is to start living a healthier lifestyle. Let also add that as of this week I have lost 148 pounds. I still feel awesome. Please read this and know that you too will succeed. God Bless, Brenda :flowerforyou:

Topic: Awesome Journey & Feeling great About Lifestyle Change!
    nucond

Hey,
    I am 49 years old and mother of one special needs son. He is 23 years old now. I wanted to share with you this amazing journey. I have been working on my weight all my life. I started this journey at 247 pounds and I could not walk 90 feet to the mailbox without having to rest. I was unhealthy and unhappy with myself; also ashamed of how I had just let myself go. I have a thyroid condition along with several other major issues with my health and body. I was told by my doctor if I did not do something to get healthy and in better shape I would not last 3 years. I saw the show Biggest Loser at the request of a friend and thought okay this is just another diet and even though I watched the show I was still unsure of it. Then I decided to keep watching. I thought well what can it hurt the most that can happen is nothing like all the other diets that I had tried and lost the weight and regained it back with more added to the total. Then I ask my friend to help and she was glad to assist me and support me. I started eating the healthy foods and exercising as much as possible. Soon I realize the scales were showing a difference and I was getting stronger because I could do more. I have continued to work hard at it with the support of my friend and the support of the online message board that is set up. After 17 months; I have finally reached my goal weight of 107 pounds and I am pleased to say that I have truly changed my life around. This has been a journey worth all of it's trials and triumphs . I have lost a total of 140 pounds and I am in better shape not only physical but mental as well. I have over came some obstacles that I thought I would never. I learned how to manage my life and make better choices for myself. Though the road is tough it is worth every mile and every tear that may be shed along it's path. The milestones that we over come teaches us new lessons and how to over come life's unexpected turns and twist. I never will go back to what or who I was before this journey. I may have came through with a few battle scars but victory is mine for the taking and I am worth it. This is just the beginning to a new improved me an I hope to be able to share this experience with others that may travel along the paths to find a better life for themselves and be all that they can be. This truly is not a diet it is a complete lifestyle change and the transformation is just a bonus at the end. Thanks so much to all that have been there for me and for the support they have given me along the way for me to become a better me. I want each of you to know and to remember this YOU CAN DO THIS!! KEEP PUSHING FORWARDS!!
    Thanks Everyone,
    God Bless,
    Brenda (nucond)

P.S. Now, instead of trying to walk 90 feet to the mail box and having to have rest and help, I walk and I run/jog anywhere from 5 to 10 miles a day and feel great doing it. Thanks all for allowing me to share. God Bless, Brenda
  • Gangstaboo695
    Options
    hey have you guys set up a group yet or is it just on the message board?
    When i started my journey I had a 100 pounds to lose right now my goal is 190 and im at 269 and my peak weight was 293, so ive already come a long way but i would reeealllly like to be down to 180, but im completely happy with 190(190 will get me into my skinny jeans) :) let me know if you have a group or if we get support through the board
  • mrsmommie08
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing so great! It's so motivating! I joined about a week ago and i've lost 2 pounds, I feel so good right now. Might be just 2 pounds but every week will be just 2 pounds or even 1 maybe even a few with none but eventually in total it's going to be 100!!!! WOOO! It all adds up! I havent tried the challenges yet but I will try later today or tomorrow! Lets go!!! WOOO!!! We can do this!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Holy crap did the video challenges earlier. All I can say is holy crap I barely made it through day 1 and day 2 I started with one pound weights that I qiuckly dropped and did a modified version. Definately intend to revisit those at a later date.
  • msphat
    msphat Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd love to keep up with the group.

I have about another 75 lbs to go for my main goal. I walk/run regularly, but my issue now is getting the boredom/emotional/ooo-but-it-tastes-so-good! eating under control. :-/
  • oferbarnoy
    Options
    I signed up last week and I have 118 pounds to lose. Do I still qualify??:wink:
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY!!! I just joined this site and I just LOVE LOVE this challenge! You've gotta let me join in on the fun! :flowerforyou:
    Everyone add me...I'm bout to add you guys! :tongue:
    Need some motivation...I got this site to help me track everything and get fit, but dang...I get off track sometimes so I need ya'll to hold me accountable. I will go ahead and throw it out there..My exercise and eating habits haven't been great lately, but I'm hopping back on the train with ya'll! I'm bout to make my diary public to friends...so starting now...it's on!!! :) Let me know if ya'll have any tips or anything for me... THANKS!
  • LightnFree
    LightnFree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When i joined 6 days ago my goal was to lose 103 lbs. Since I have lost 4.5 lbs so I am already UNDER the 100 lb mark.:blushing: So now only 98.5 lbs to go! :flowerforyou:
  • LightnFree
    LightnFree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YES you qualify! WELCOME!
  • chillrose
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I took on a weekend job, and it's kicking my butt, so I have some catching up to do.:yawn:
    I didn't post the 3rd day workout of our 7 day NEW YOU bootcamp, yesterday, but here it is! Sorry it's late. I know some of you really missed me posting it!! :wink:

Day 3 (Saturday): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CaZqDRzrr0

Day 4 (Sunday): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeNVQQ8a4ME

Day 5 (Monday): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8pRhLU01Y

Day 6 (Tuesday): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeUKRSGZZdo

Day 7 (Wednesday): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg6AfddyrnQ

I added all the days because tomorrow, I may be late logging on because I'm taking my 19 yr old daughter to rehab to finish out her 8 months. She has 5 months to go, and she just spent 3 months in mission teens. Life is full of struggles, and this has definitely been one for our family. :frown:

OK, so on to some positive notes, I am major impressed with the weight loss for the first week, It was awesome how much weight you ladies kicked to the curb! We also have some new people, so WELCOME!!! I hope this thread becomes a big support for all of us.

I know we can do this together!
    If you haven't done it already, add everyone as your friend, so our support for each other can get that much stronger!
    I love this group!:heart::flowerforyou:
    Everybody keep moving!!