Join me...100 pounds to lose!

Options

Replies

• Greg97845
    Greg97845 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    I so need consistent support with this long term goal.
    It has been 25 years since I was under 200lbs.
    Today was really hard...missing the good flavors of the foods I like.
    Been able to make it thru...just....one...craving...at a time.
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to all of you...I am trying to add everyone to my friend's list as they join, but if I miss you, please forgive me, and ADD ME!!!:happy:

I want to be friends with everyone who joins this group!!:heart:

Goodnight all.
  • ruralhipster
    ruralhipster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Roy and I'm hoping to pull inspiration from fellow members of this group. If you are male, approaching 40, or a Canadian, I definitely want to hear from you and share in your journey.
  • Believinginmygoals
    Options
    I'm in.
  • sandykay65
    sandykay65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am so lookin forward to doin this with you all. I had approx 107 lbs to lose, I had already started my journey before joining. I have lost approx 14 lbs so far so its goin slowly. Its coming off about 1/2 lb to a lb a day...yayyyyy for me. So I hope to be friends with most of you on here and walk that long road with you. I havebeen heavy for about 24+ yrs since I got my tubes tied. Oh and it came on very fast. Wish it would come off just as fast as it got on, but no luck there. So since I had my ablation surgery is when I decided to do this thing and get started losing all this weight. My goal is to get back into my high school jeans which is at a weight of approx 117-123lbs. So hopefully by May 2011 I can be pretty darn close which I know that will be a fast weight loss but hey dont hurt to wish. I am goin on a cruise in May 2011 to Alaska and with most of this off of me will feel much better and enjoy myself alot better. So wish me luck, as I wish all of you each and everyone of you lots of lucj as we go thru this journey together. Add me as a friend if you like. I usually do my measurements every Friday night and take photos each week also so can kinda compare myself to each week and see the progress. I will try to upload those photos if I can.
  • polkapoohs3
    polkapoohs3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in to lets all do this 2gether girls,n guys!
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Sign me up girl! I already lost 75+lbs and i still got another 70 to go...i say it like that cuz im not too sure of what my goal is. I just wanna be at a healthy weight and if that's 140 for me, then so be it =) im not trying to be a stick figure lol
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :happy: SIGN ME UP Please!!! I am SO happy I am not alone here....I am turning 32 in a a few days, and I have a 9yr old, AND I have 120lbs to lose! I have lost 7 in a few weeks. I need to set mini goals, and am about to go camping for a week, for my birthday! I will look into this more, I am thrilled that we all have each other!
  • majksmom
    Options
    I am right here with you!! I just turned 50 on the 23rd of this month and I need to lose at least 100 pounds hopefully by my birthday next August. Having had eating disorders almost all my life, I really want to do this the right way this time. I have arthritis, fibromyalgia, problems with sleep and some depression and all these things makes it so hard to get with the program but I know with support I can do this, even if it is so slow to begin with -- at least it will be doing SOMETHING!!! Glad to have found this website and hopefully a lot of new friends too! :-)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hello, just checking in after getting back from camping so I haven't been able to do all the challenges. I am pretty new to this site. I wrote everything down while I was away and just updated MFP. I have been reading all the new posts and starting to add friends. Looking forward to getting back to an exercise schedule and keeping track of my food. Happy birthday Jenn and enjoy your camping trip.
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Good morning! I was surprised this morning when I got up to exercise. I have been exercising 6-7 days a week for the past three weeks, the two weeks before that I was remodeling my house and the two weeks before that I was working out about 3 days a week. I have been fairly consistent doing something that gets my heart rate going for about 7 weeks. I am on week 8.
    Anyway, I got on the elliptical this morning, which I have not gotten on in about 5 weeks. My heart rate throughout was consistently about 20 bpm lower than it was when I was on the elliptical the last time going at about the same intensity. I was not happy with my calorie burn (so I will have to step up intensity and levels) however, I was thrilled with my lowered heart rate at about equal exertion levels!

It is great to be getting healthier!
    Hopefully I will find the time and strength to keep up all of this exercise when I officially go back to work (next Monday).

Chillrose - thanks for the challenges, they have been great short bursts of activity added into the day!
  • janicelarab
    janicelarab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Brenda, you are an absolute inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I have printed it out and put it on my wall at work as a reminder or what perserverance and hard work can achieve.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    My heart rate throughout was consistently about 20 bpm lower than it was when I was on the elliptical the last time going at about the same intensity. I was not happy with my calorie burn (so I will have to step up intensity and levels) however, I was thrilled with my lowered heart rate at about equal exertion levels!

Nice job - I love these signs (other than the scale) that show you're making progress towards a healthier you. It does suck on the calorie burn side, I have to work out harder and longer to get the same burn now - but a great sign of all your hard work!
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey there hope everyone is haveing a good morning and a great week so far. I am so excited about this group looks like we are all on a good road to being healthy. I love the support from you guys. I just joined mfp thursday and I am still learning where everything is..lol.. I just found my way back to the group today and I am so glad I did. I have lost 3 pounds since I joined and I had been at a stand still for 3.5 weeks. My husband is pretty healthy but has severe asthma. At the end of July he went into resp. failure and was in the icu on a ventilator for 3 days. Needless to say my emotional eating kicked into overdrive and it has been hard to come back to my diet and exercise. My hubby is home now and doing really good we have the asthma under control wish I thank God for everyday. The doctors told us that it was 5 minutes from the time he got to the ER and the time he went into the r. failure, if he had done that at home I would have lost him. When i think of it now all I want to do is eat until I am numb, cry because I did, and then eat again, but I am getting better. This group has helped me to get things back on track. Thank you for that!!!! Like I said I am new and don't really have alot of friends here if you would like to be my friend and share stories that would be great. I hope everyone does great with the eating choices and in the words of chillrose don't forget the water!!! LOL...Thanks again you guys are great!!!!! P.S. not big on veggies but I got the wall push ups in for today..yay!!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sign me up too!
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi buddies.......... I have been doing my best with my calorie intake, my water intake, and getting in my exercise. I really want to get below 200, I am currently at 211.6. I have lost 3 lbs during the 15 days that I have been a member on here. I get really upset at myself when I see no change on the scale when I know I have done the things I should. Anyhow I am so happy to be in this group and together I know we will lose this weight.
  • chillrose
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Wow look at all of these great stories! :bigsmile:

Chellium, that is GREAT about your heart rate! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

Brenda, I'm so glad you're here. You are the light at the end of our tunnell, and you are definitely an inspiration to us all! :heart:

Justcat, WELCOME BACK!! I'm glad your husband is doing better, and you can get back to the old grindstone. :tongue:

Danielle, I feel you on the I want to get under 200...because SO DO I!!! Some days it looks grim, but I'm gonna make it, and so will you!! Just don't give up, and neither will I. I am at 219, and I want that 19 pounds to leave me and never come back!:smile:

We will all get there. In the meantime, add some friends from the group, and don't forget about the wall pushups!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • katherb
    katherb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW you are great at this i cant wait to see what the challenge will be. All of you are great motivators and supporters i cant thank you enough your exactly what i need to get myself up off the couch. I hope i can be as much of a help to you as you are to me.
  • chillrose
    Options
    Good morning!!!!!!! So I had one person (valueme) notice that I messed up on my food diary yesterday! 500 calories of lettuce. :noway: Of course I messed up, so THANK YOU for catching that!!:heart:

I wanted to share something with all of you today that doesn't have anything to do with losing weight. It does, however , demonstrate how ONE person can influence someone's life. So NEVER underestimate YOUR power to make or break someone's day. After all we are all here to help each other, which is why I wanted to share this with all of you. Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

The Cab Ride

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I walked to the door and knocked.. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor. After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned
    on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was
    covered with sheets. There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.

'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.
    She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I
    told her.. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated'.

'Oh, you're such a good boy', she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive
    through downtown? ''It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly.. 'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'll pay for the extra miles. I'm on my way to a hospice'. I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice.. 'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

'What route would you like me to take?' I asked. For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator. We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired. Let's go now'. We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.
    Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

'How much do I owe you?' she asked, reaching into her purse. 'Nothing,' I said You have to make a living,' she answered.
    'There are other passengers,' I responded. Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.
    'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said.'Thank you.'I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light..

Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life. We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.
    :love:
  • katherb
    katherb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i really enjoyed reading that and it is soooo true