Join me...100 pounds to lose!

Options

Replies

• chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! Today was 'skip the sweets' day and I had an apple and applesauce for b-fast. Already over in my sugar. :indifferent:

Dangit!!

SO DON'T FORGET, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN DAY!!!!! :huh: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!:bigsmile:
  • kaskanataliaanna
    kaskanataliaanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Kat and I do have a quite a bit weight to loose so please do count me in :) I am trying the Slim Fast diet at the mo and so far so good but I do not intent to stay on it forever...
    I am learning whole new routine regarding my calories intake and this site is brilliant!
    I have approx 30kg to loose (I think that's over 60 pounds)
    Hope everyone is well :)

P.S.
    I am new to this so all friends requests r welcome my take time to reply as I have to take time to learn to navigate this site ;)
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey Guys Just Getting In From The Gym. Not Feeling As Sore From My 2nd Day Of Weights But I Did See This Girl Who Made Me Want To Start Back Working On My Flexibility. I Stretch After Every Workout But That Doesn't Seem To Be Enough To Improve My Flexibility. Especially Since I've Always Been Pretty Limber Even At 300+. I May Dedicate Some Time On The Light Cardio Days To Flexibility. So My Workout Schedule Looks Like This

Monday: HIIT + Weight Training
    Tuesday: Light Cardio [Usually Treadmill] + Yoga [Maybe??IDK Yet. I May Make My Own Routine]
    Wednesday: HIIT +Weight Training
    Thursday: Light Cardio + Yoga
    Friday: HIIT + Weight Training
    Saturday: Aerobics Class
    Sunday: Off
  • GrayJohn
    GrayJohn Posts: 74
    Options
    Good luck to everyone aiming for the 100lbs mark. It's an awesome feeling when you get there... trust me!!

735976.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello friends

So yesterday when I got home from work, I made dinner, ate, and received a phone call from an old high school friend wanting to go walk. So me and another friend went and my HS friend tried showing off that she can jog, mocking us:cry: anyhow, I couldn't jog just yet but I did an extra mile more than her so slow and steady wins the race. :drinker: With all of the excitement, for the first time ever (well for as long as I have had my cal counter watch), my heart rate got above 100 %.... Oh yeah, felt good.

This morning, I did a little sneak peak at the scale and ( Goodbye 211.6, hello 208.6)

Thank you everyone for the inspiration!!
  • janicelarab
    janicelarab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

For a little extra cardio, I have just started walking over my lunch hour. Came back inside feeling the blood flow and feeling great. Will continue to do the elliptical in the evenings after I get the kids to bed. I am just wanting to get a sense of how many of us are doing some weight training? I am not, and don't really want to at this stage of the game, but would like to follow your progress more closely if you are. You just might convince me to change my mind.:wink:
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Hi there,

For a little extra cardio, I have just started walking over my lunch hour. Came back inside feeling the blood flow and feeling great. Will continue to do the elliptical in the evenings after I get the kids to bed. I am just wanting to get a sense of how many of us are doing some weight training? I am not, and don't really want to at this stage of the game, but would like to follow your progress more closely if you are. You just might convince me to change my mind.:wink:

I do weight training pretty regularly, probably 3-4 times a week. I don't want to bulk up but would like to end up with nice toned arms and legs. I'm sure it will do more good when my muscles aren't quite so buried in my padding :wink:
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    Hi there,

I weight train 3x a week just to tone and hopefully prevent some loose skin :noway:
  • chillrose
    Options
    Hi there,

I weight train 3x a week just to tone and hopefully prevent some loose skin :noway:

Weight training??? I thought weight lifting was what I was doing every time I stood up. :indifferent: JUST SAYIN...:huh:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me!!!

I've had this much to lose for far too long. It has to come off NOW!!!
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Ok guys I am going to need some strength. My daughter came home today and told me she was voted by her classmates to run for queen in the annual festival that her school has. Well this is going to involve alot of baking, cookies, candy, brownies, etc.. I made 2 pans of brownies tonight to send tomorrow and this goes on for 6 weeks. They smelled so good that I just had to taste, so i broke a smaller one in 3 pieces and shared with my 2 kids. I counted it in my food diary too and seeing those numbers made me feel so guilty. I hope that guilt stay with me for the next 6 weeks because sweets are my thing. So needless to say I did not do well with the give up sweets thing today..sorry ...But this is so exciting for my baby that I just have to remember that and push on. So wish me luck on the sweet restraint..Thanks for listening..
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Congrats to your daughter - how exciting!! You can do this - just keep reminding yourself how you felt seeing that brownie in your diary. And I don't think there is anything wrong with having some sweets, you just have to use moderation. You might need to plan a little extra exercise when it's a baking day; just in case you sample your handiwork.
  • iDreamNEON
    Options

Weight training??? I thought weight lifting was what I was doing every time I stood up. :indifferent: JUST SAYIN...:huh:

LMAO :laugh:
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I think that I will have to plan on the extra exercise I like my handywork to good sometimes..lol... Thanks for my baby girl too she is way excited over this it is her last year at the school and the festival is a big deal!!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Great Idea. Iam soooo in. Sign me up.
  • pjsgirlll
    Options
    Sign me up too! i've only been on the site for about a week but im reallying enjoying it AND i've encouraged others to join as well. i'm glad im not alone in trying to lose 100 pounds. I hope reading everyone's post and gaining information and tips will motivate me and help me to lose the weight. My friend at work is currently doing the INSANITY fitness program (i'm sure we've all seen the infomercial). and she's lost major lbs. but she also exerciseds hardcore 2 hrs a day (minimum). i'm not at that stage yet. i'm still just walking on the treadmill. but anyways i hope this group can motivate me to do more.

question 1: does anyone else have trouble running on a treadmill. it feels very ackward to me. does anyone have any tips?
  • chillrose
    Options
    JustKat, that is AWESOME news about your daughter! ENJOY this time for her and with her. :bigsmile:

All you guys know I just took my 19 yr old to a rehab facility this week, and that was heart wrenching.:brokenheart:

Who knew when she was that freckled faced 12 year old playing first base on her softball team, that when she urned 18, she would be introduced to a new crowd who taught her about drugs.? I NEVER would have EVER guessed that one of my kids would ever turn to drugs.

I thought I loved them enough, taught them enough, but it wasn't enough. Not even close.

So not trying to go off the deep end here, but just trying to say, ENJOY this time with her, when her biggest problem is what dress to wear, or how she's going to fix her hair, and have that brownie!

Hug her and tell her she's beautiful!:love:

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to those times! :ohwell:

So tell her we are all so proud of her! :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    JustKat - It is really great you are supporting your daughter. I am glad to hear your good news. I too ate more earlier today than planned being a Mom. My son said just stick with it, you did well every other day. So far so good.

Chillrose - You have been such a blessing. I heard this year that a friend had to take her son to a special program in another state for the same issue. Just recently they posted a picture of his smiling, handsome face on Facebook. He was my daughter's baby friend before we moved. Sounds like it is going much better for him. I believe you did love her and taught her enough. We all have to make our own mistakes. I know you will hang in there with her. Thanks for sharing.

I am really proud of everyone in this group and thankful too. Oh and I want to weight train too but want to make sure I start out right. So now I am going to go drink some water since I do not want to eat too much. :drinker:
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i would love to join !!
  • ejbarker
    Options
    Alright ladies, (and a few gentlemen I see?):

My name is Emily and I'm 19 years old. I was on this site earlier in the year but completely just fell off the wagon! I just went on a two-week vacation with my family in Colorado. We did some intense hiking and although I made it through two >7 mile hikes I still felt at every moment that I hated what my body was doing. We had to run to make a connection but I couldn't run. (Partly because I was wearing flip flops - but mostly because it hurt my body to do so). Luckily I still made the connection but that was after I cried to my dad that "I am sick of this!" He thought I meant the run to the connection and I didn't bother to correct him because I prefer not to bother my family with my own problems.

It's time. I return for my Sophomore year of college in a week and a half. My roommate is dedicated to being fit (although she is already at a very healthy weight) so I know she'll help me, but she doesn't know what I'm going through. She's been dancing her whole life and doesn't worry about her weight the way that we do. I need you to remind me that every little bit counts. And to keep at it whenever it seems like I'll never get healthy.

I have 8 days before I leave for school. And I'll make excuses - I can tell you right now that I'll make the excuse that I'm working and packing and too busy to work out. I'll tell you right now - it's bull****. My first day back after my vacation was today and what did I do? Sit around on my computer getting rid of all my notifications. And even that is an excuse! I was done with notifications very quickly and I just sat around more and watched TV shows that I hadn't seen before.

Don't let me get away with it. I am setting small goals for myself (I just realized you guys do this with MGs) in the MFP counter. Right now it's 20. And it'll continue to be 20 until I am at least down to 150. We'll see how I feel after that.

I love you all :) And I cannot wait to lose weight with you!