Replies

• showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ill join i dont have 100 but i have 80 to lose
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    everyone in the group please add me as a friend im ready to try this being accountable to a group is exactly what i need
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in I have over 100lbs to lose. I also just wanted to link to this blog that I found...I find it interesting to read and inspiring, I haven't finished going through it (since it is on the computer...can't take it with me like a book haha).

This guy cracks me up, I love his entry when he talks about the tredmill (I think its day 3 or 4), I can't wait to read through the rest of his days.

http://100days100pounds.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add me as a friend, hoping for some more motivation. I could sure use it.
  • kaskanataliaanna
    kaskanataliaanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Morning (from my part of the world - UK) or I better say HI - more universal :) Hope everyone is doing well!

My biggest issue is actually staying away from the scale... my "obsession" moved away from food to scales - oh dear - not good!!!

I also use a Slimfast site to do my progress report but I am gradually drifting away from it as I can't enter my proper weight for example today I weigh 87.6kg but there I can enter only 87kg so is not good! On here I can put in my exact weight and everything else is accurate. I also like the fact that even if I am out and about I can check calorie content in food using the phone app :)

I have 65 day to my first goal and I am determined to achieve it :) The past few day s I didn't do much exercise as is raining outside (typical British weather) and not much fun in walking and getting soaked - even my dog hates going out in to the back garden in weather like this. I have exercise bike which was a B-Day present (at my request) from my partner. Didn't use it for few days but today I will as soon as my little man has his nap. Occasionally I use Nintendo Wii to play the Wii Fit game. I like some of the exercises and challenges. I am thinking to buy another game that will allow me to move a bit more - perhaps that dancing game that could be fun :) Does anyone use Wii?

I know I should eventually go to the gym but unfortunately at this present moment I can't :( I have 2 year old at home with me and all my family lives abroad so I am very limited regarding babysitters. My partner works a lot so we spend little time together. I could go Sundays but this is our family time. None of my local gym's has a baby facilities which is sad coz I am sure if this was the case more people would join. I am thinking to put my little man into pre-school nursery from September for few hours a day so this will give me chance to walk my dog more and get some exercise (my dog could use some exercise too as she is becoming rather "round").
    It is hard to be the only one in a household that has to watch what they eat... My partner and children are all slim and can eat whatever they like and as much as they like and don't put a ounce on.

Well enough of this :) I wish very nice day to everyone!!!! And stay strong!

Chillrose:

Regarding the drug issue - I am sure that you doing grate job and give all the love you can to your kids but sometimes children decide to choose the wrong path and is not our fault :)

Years back I had a friend/neighbour - she was in her late teens I just turned 20. She came from very loving family. they were quite rich and she had everything and anything she wanted but she turned into drugs (heroin). Her parents use to do everything in their power to help her: rehab detox presents love whatever they thought was going to help. She didn't stop. I asked her one day why she is doing this to herself and her reply was: "I am bored". in the end she contracted HIV from needles that they were sharing what a horror!!!!). Her parents always supported her even after she got ill. Don't know what happened after as I moved away but I hope they managed to get her off those drugs.
    So no point beating yourself up is not your fault!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to figure out where I left off here in weigh off terms....LOL MY last weigh in wasn't completely helpful.

MFP SW = 289.9
    100lb SW = 255.1

Week 1 Weight = 256.2 (+ 1.2 lbs)
    Week 2 Weight = 254.0 (-2.2 lbs)

It may look like a huge win for me (Fridays are always a worse weigh in day for me than my Monday weigh ins - this week was 252.9), but it's official I have hit the dreaded plateau. Every time I've tried to lose weight over the last 12 years, I lose whatever I need to and then hover for weeks endlessly at 252-255, never breaking the 250 mark - well for more than 1 day.

I was hoping having my medical issues addressed this time would help this time, BUT.....I've been hovers for 3 weeks between these two weights. Oh well. Looks like I'm not going to meet my mini-goal of beating it for tomorrow - my set date. Going to have to come up with a plan to kick this blasted plateau in the butt!!!!
  • Greg97845
    Greg97845 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is my Friday check in: 275. Down 5 lbs this week.
    Thank you everybody for the encouragement!!!!
  • JennaGermain
    Options
    I gained 2.4 lbs this week. Boo

:sad:
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I know I haven't been here in awhile. :embarassed: Mostly cause I'm ashamed to admit I haven't done any of the challenges. Oops. But wow alot happens when your away..don't forget to add me!!!!

Check in
    MPF SW:252
    LW: 248.5
    This week: 247

I think I did pretty good considering the 2 mini moon pies I ate last night. Those damn Moon Pies I don't have any at my apartment but they are at my parents house and they are sooooo good I couldn't resist. No thats wrong I could have resisted but I didn't want to. :grumble:
  • yepitsmel
    Options
    Oh Lord please help me!!! Quiting smoking and trying to loose 100 pounds, whew.....
    CW - 236
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thread, and definitely am in this boat. I hope you don't mind if I join you all. I have been doing good the past 3 weeks or so, but I do go through about a month of being proactive and then it seems to taper off. I could defintely use the support.
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    I have slacked off on exercise this week since I have gone back to working and getting things ready for the start of the school year I have come home exhausted from working. I will get back on it this weekend and I am hoping that I can figure out how to fit in enough exercise next week. I have already talked to some of the others I work with about doing some kind of workout (walking, zumba, etc) after work before we even go home. Hopefully that will allow me to fit it in before I go home and sit down and not want to move until i cook dinner.

I do not remember what my weight was last week. I know I was up .4.
    So last Monday I was 261.8
    MFP SW: 277
    LW: 261.8
    CW: 260.2
    Next Mini Goal: 250 by Oct. 8
  • asking131
    Options
    I would love to join the group as well...if its not too late
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!! :bigsmile:

How is everyone doing today? Wow, we have some new people! Make sure to add them on your group of friends!

TODAY IS WEIGH IN!! :tongue: I know everyone is SO excited!!:indifferent:

Anyway, no matter what the outcome, we all tried, and we worked together, and we made frineds, and supported each other, so in my book, that means we ALL were successful this week! :heart:

Fillerpam, Way to go on your weight loss for the week! Looks like 2.2 pounds lost! :smile:

Greg, WOW, 5 pounds! That's awesome! :smile:

Kidakiwi, you have been MIA woman, but you still lost 1 pound! Welcome back, and congrats! :flowerforyou:

Chellium, even though you called yourself a slacker, you must have done something right, because you still kicked one pound to the curb!! YAY!!!!!:happy:

Jenna, You gained 2.4 pounds, ok, so don't beat yourself up over it. Just MAKE healthier food choices for this next week, and get up and do some moving girl! Drink your water too, and you'll see the scales move in your favor next week! But you have to make up your mind, and be determined to see it through! You CAN o this!:huh:

So I weighed in this morning, and I LOST 3 POUNDS!!! YAY FOR ME!!:bigsmile:

In honor of weigh in day, I have something I would like EVERYONE to do. Don't worry it's not hard, and it could actually be fun. It's a celebratory dance! Dance through this entire song, in honor of weigh in day!! It may even burn a few calories!:bigsmile:

So here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONhto0x_nI
    Yep we're ALL walking on sunshine today!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Good Friday morning everyone!!

All I have to say today is: Goodbye 211.6, goodbye 208.6, hello 207.2............ And I am so ready to see 206 now.....
  • chillrose
    Options
    Good Job danielle! You'll soon be in the 100's!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Came in this morning at 233.2 - down 5.2 from last week

The 220's are close enough to taste!

Another week down and we are still going strong - thanks everyone for all the encouragement and motivation! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work everyone!
  • chillrose
    Options
    Wow!!! CGerman! 5 pounds!!! That's GREAT! NOW DO THE DANCE!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONhto0x_nI
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    JustKat, that is AWESOME news about your daughter! ENJOY this time for her and with her. :bigsmile:

All you guys know I just took my 19 yr old to a rehab facility this week, and that was heart wrenching.:brokenheart:

Who knew when she was that freckled faced 12 year old playing first base on her softball team, that when she urned 18, she would be introduced to a new crowd who taught her about drugs.? I NEVER would have EVER guessed that one of my kids would ever turn to drugs.

I thought I loved them enough, taught them enough, but it wasn't enough. Not even close.

So not trying to go off the deep end here, but just trying to say, ENJOY this time with her, when her biggest problem is what dress to wear, or how she's going to fix her hair, and have that brownie!

Hug her and tell her she's beautiful!:love:

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to those times! :ohwell:

So tell her we are all so proud of her! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you so much I am so proud of her she is so excited. She has just been at this school a couple of years but she has made some really good friends there. I love thesupport for the both of us. chillrose on the issue with your daughter I know how that is. I watched my mom and dad go through that with my older brother. It took him years to get clean but he is awesome now. He is even a director of the group house he was put in and has been clean for 11 months now. It is so great to be able to have him back in my life again and enjoy the brother I knew growing up not theone he was after we grew up. There is hope out there for her and remember there will be hurtful times and things done that are heart breaking but it is worth it when at the end of it you see them smile at you and you know they are them again. hang in there and if you ever need to vent we are all here for you. I am so glad to be apart of mfp and this group you are all wondrful!!!!!!! Thank you too KeriA so much!!!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Friday check in: 219

Slow and steady....

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Woo Hoo 7 ounces down which is a total of 2 pounds for the week..I forgot and weighed in wed. too..lol... But the best of all is I measured today and from January to now I have taken 6 inches off my waist...YAY... I hope everyone has a wonderful day. remember to dance for chillrose!!! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful support!!