are you counting calories on thanksgiving?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nah, not while I'm eating but I probably won't eat as much as previous years I'll just log what I did eat afterward and watch the red numbers appear. lol
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think I have no choice but to not bother logging. I will have little to no control over what dishes are being served and won't have a clue what all is really in them. My scale will be feet from the table but useless without knowing what is in what.

Plus some of my family already teases me about counting calories, weighing food, etc... and I don't really want to hear it that day when the whole family is there.

I predict a "Quick add calories" = 1500 and simply not completely stuffing myself.

I would propose that's probably because you're a 6' adult male who currently weighs 158...

...but since I'm a 6' male who weighs 170 and diligently tracks his food too, it would probably seem hypocritical for me to propose that...

...so I won't.

...and I would get very mad at you if you did that and didn't have a point but you do...

...so I won't.

I've got body fat to burn... and muscle to build... burning now... building later... either way will still need to track everything.

P.S. I love your show!

if_you_like_breaking_bad_youll_like_these_gifs_and_memes_640_36.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think I have no choice but to not bother logging. I will have little to no control over what dishes are being served and won't have a clue what all is really in them. My scale will be feet from the table but useless without knowing what is in what.

Plus some of my family already teases me about counting calories, weighing food, etc... and I don't really want to hear it that day when the whole family is there.

I predict a "Quick add calories" = 1500 and simply not completely stuffing myself.

I would propose that's probably because you're a 6' adult male who currently weighs 158...

...but since I'm a 6' male who weighs 170 and diligently tracks his food too, it would probably seem hypocritical for me to propose that...

...so I won't.

...and I would get very mad at you if you did that and didn't have a point but you do...

...so I won't.

I've got body fat to burn... and muscle to build... burning now... building later... either way will still need to track everything.

P.S. I love your show!

Hey!

That guy looks a lot like me...
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm not having any special feast, so it doesn't matter for me. (Ok, maybe I'll do mini-pumpkin pies)
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

...so I won't.

...so I won't.

P.S. I love your show!

Hey!

That guy looks a lot like me...

You should sue!
  • grimcosgirl
    Options
    Absolutely not! There wouldn't be enough time in the day to log every morsel I will put in my mouth.
    Bring on the pecan pie and sweet potatoe casserole!
    You can always workout the day after thanksgiving when everyone else is shopping!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! There wouldn't be enough time in the day to log every morsel I will put in my mouth.
    Bring on the pecan pie and sweet potatoe casserole!
    You can always workout the day after thanksgiving when everyone else is shopping!

You must have some hellacious workouts if you can burn enough calories in one to fully offset a feast so massive that you don't have enough time while not feasting to record what you ate.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    TDEE is 2250; quick add and move on
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'll eat what I want and I will log it, just like the previous 999 days.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Im counting!
    My moms cooking far away
    In laws dont cook what i likes

My macros might be off but calories under! ;)
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I will probably log but i am also going to enjoy myself. If i go over then i go over. I am not going to stress about it
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'll log-in, but I wont count
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm counting and I intend to exercise also. I may go over, but I hope not. I'm still trying to hit my monthly goal and only have 1.1 to go by Saturday, so for me, I will keep it as normal as possible.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm counting. I'm in a November accountability challenge and we have to stay under every day. I spent a lot of time figuring out the menu and the calories, including the wine and dessert. It helps that I'm cooking. I'll have to swim for about an hour at the gym in the morning to make it work because I need about 500 exercise calories...........................I'm up early so that's no problem for me. After that all I need to do is stick to the plan. If I don't, oh well, I'll just sign up for December's challenge. The challenge was worth it even if I fail at the very end.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely counting! I briefly hit my goal weight last week, and have been up a little bit since then. I want to hit that number "permanently" by December 1, so I WILL be at a deficit tomorrow. And my gym is closed tomorrow, so I'll have to get outside in the cold to get some activity in (but that's also why I'm planning on burning double my usual workout calories today).

The hard part will be getting family to mind their own business about how much I've lost, how close I am to goal, and "it's just one day, it's not going to hurt you." Sure, but I put all the extra weight on by eating an estimated 50-75 extra calories a day. That's all. So, no, one day isn't going to ruin everything, but it's the first step down a slippery slope.

I managed to have a 700-calorie day (intermittent fasting) last December while at a family Christmas dinner, so I know I can do it. My plan is to have a very light breakfast and lunch, both heavy on protein and just enough to keep me from being famished. Then for dinner have only turkey, vegetables if they aren't in a sauce or casserole, and maybe 2 bites of dessert. No potatoes, no stuffing, no bread, no alcohol (there's a 90% chance there won't be any alcohol served anyway). And then when I come home in the evening, I will check my calories and my macros and have a snack that fits.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yes, counting. Will know the calories of everything except my daughters stuffing, which I will have a controlled amount of. But, I will eat what I want and try to stay in my calorie range.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think I'll log just to keep my routine going. For some reason I get a huge kick out of seeing how many calories are in certain foods and it helps me learn.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Fredducharme
    Fredducharme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to reward myself but I going try moderation...I just hope I don't too much. Won't log in will be traveling and will be with family and friends
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!