Who's Starting C25K With Me On Aug 23?!?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the treadmill so I can keep pace. My daughter wants me to go running this weekend on a track or road so that will help me gauge a bit.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 a bust - I did not even look at the program when I started it and thought Week 5 day 2 was going to be like Week 5 day 1 like all the other weeks were. Today they wanted an 8 minute followed by a 5 minute walk then another 8 minute run. I got past the first 8 minute run and then on the 2nd I had to break it in half and took a minute walk between 3.5 and 4.5 of the 2nd 8 minutes. Friday they want a 20 minute non-stop. That should be interesting. - What is funny is I have went 2 hours before non-stop on the elliptical and not be as wore out as I am trying this. I am starting to hate Wednesday like most people hate Mondays.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    W5D3 Complete! - The only change I made was to do it with no incline at all. In the end, I did the warm up walk then the 20 then ran through the cool down as well before doing a cool down afterwards. I ended up with 4.1 miles!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    AWESOME Umpire!!!! way to not give up and push through. i know you've got to feel good about accomplishing that 20 min run!
    i have made some progress too.... i did not do w3 d3 yesterday bc i wanted to see if i could jog a mile without stopping. i did! in 10 minutes!! this is the second time in my adult life (i'm 28) that i have jogged a mile without walking. so the reason i did that was bc there is a 5k and a 1 mile run my company is holding oct 30. i would love to do the 5k but i just dont think i am ready. but i am going to sign up to do the mile. i am going to start week 4 sat bc i feel like i have got week 3 mastered. i cant wait to try week 5!
  • Umpire57
    Options
    My planned first 5k is November 13
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 of C25k Complete! - Even ran through the "cool down" walk portion and then did my cool down afterwards. - T minus 47 days till my first 5k
  • Amanda421
    Options
    you are over half way there!
    week 4 day 1 complete for me. i stuggled a little bit with my legs wanting to cramp up. i think i will be going to the shoe store before long......
  • Umpire57
    Options
    I really need to. Last night I ran a half mile on the road and got tired pretty quick compared to the treadmill.

I need to do more road work to make sure I am ready.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    i feel the same way. i have almost been avoiding the outdoors bc i know it is harder. at the gym i know exactly how far i have gone and how much more i have to go which has been a plus up until know. the outdoor track i go to is a half mile so now that i am jogging 1/2 mile i dont really have an excuse. i never have been good at walking or running on the treadmill. i seem to trip over my feet a lot. im not a graceful person and im actually surprised i have not sprained an ankle yet!!! knock on wood!
  • Amanda421
    Options
    well i did w4 d2 last night....on the treadmill! i have never tried to run on the treadmill and it was not all that bad. i feel like i may repeat a day or two of week 4 so i will really have that half mile down before moving on.....
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 of C25k Complete - I think I am going to take it off the treadmill and to the road in the morning. Not 100% sure on that yet.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    i completed w4 day 1, again, on the outdoor track last night. i will prob do this routine one more time on wed. then move onto wk 5......
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 Complete - All in all including the Warm Up and Cool Down walks I went 4.25 miles this morning in 43 minutes. I think my runs on the treadmill are just under a 9MM and about 9.5 when I did my road run this weekend.

I hope to be below 27 for the real thing on November 13th