Women, why must it be so?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Lol. I work, do my own cooking, cleaning, laundry, gardening, repairing, etc. I neither expect nor want a woman to do do any of these things (ok, maybe help garden) because I am very likely better at it anyway.

That is rare, and I applaud you for it.

I think it may benefit you to take a look at your own stereotypes (about men and Americans and maybe just people in general).
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get a man that mows my lawn and shovels the driveway :)

I'll totally make the sammiches and scrub the sh*tter in return.

I'd mow your lawn everyday. =)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I thought feminist were bias in their views and believe women's rights = humans rights, when in reality women's right = 50% of humans rights. I believe more women in western society are agiant feminism than for feminism because they can see how sexiest feminism actually is. :tongue:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    jennifer-lawrence-quote-gifs-2dayuinspiredmeslut_large.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Why is she ALWAYS RIGHT???
  • biorach
    biorach Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I believe more women in western society are agiant feminism than for feminism because they can see how sexiest feminism actually is. :tongue:

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I see how sexist feminism is... just read HALF of what the troll posts!
  • RivenV
    Options

You know, she do what she do.

tumblr_ma3nucwmJN1r3hv4so1_500.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I believe more women in western society are agiant feminism than for feminism because they can see how sexiest feminism actually is. :tongue:

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I see how sexist feminism is... just read HALF of what the troll posts!

If feminism is done right it's not sexism. Not all people that call themselves feminists are the same. Obviously.

Times have changed. The issues that feminism deals with are not the same as they used to be. It's still important to have support in place where needed (and this includes for men within the framework of "feminism" since it is through feminism that violence has often been handled with sexual assault and domestic violence centers, etc). And in many other parts of the world, women are not treated equally. A need to help with that still exists. We always want to be moving forward, not backward.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    My mind is blown right now. There are so many things I want to say but they are all over place.

But I can say this....

I have a daughter and she has a bow, guns, and all kinds of sports related toys along with her girly toys... If someone is complaining about the kinds of toys there are for girls and boys, remember you are the one purchasing the toys, you have a choice in what you buy into.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is why I have way more guy friends ;)

^^^^^^^ this, so much. ^^^^^^^^^^
  • RivenV
    Options
    My mind is blown right now. There are so many things I want to say but they are all over place.

But I can say this....

I have a daughter and she has a bow, guns, and all kinds of sports related toys along with her girly toys... If someone is complaining about the kinds of toys there are for girls and boys, remember you are the one purchasing the toys, you have a choice in what you buy into.
    tumblr_m9u0h3Ll5t1r3hv4so1_500.gif

Ok, seriously, that's enough JLaw for now.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

But I can say this....

Let me know when you need more than your mind blown.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This was a joke, but as a woman, I too get frustrated with the stereotypes.

Women are catty
    Women are too emotional
    Women need to cook, clean, raise the kids,
    Women need to cater to their males.

blah blah...

I am not catty. I am probably not emotional enough. I'm not married, but I do have a bf and I do NOT clean up after him and I won't. He can do that s*** himself just like I clean up after myself.

I am educated and have my own career, and although nothing is wrong with being a stay at home mom, that will not be happening. We will split our duties equally. I will take care of my future husband as long as he takes care of me :) I think it is important that both sexes "do their part" when it comes to making a relationship work. Whatever that is should be left up to them to decide. I think the stay at home mom thing was more common when men were in the workforce more and women didn't have decent jobs. Now that more women are getting their educations and entering the workforce, things have changed.

That being said, I make dinner for him all the time, and do other nice things for him. But I ain't no damn maid lol.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

You know, she do what she do.

tumblr_ma3nucwmJN1r3hv4so1_500.gif

This!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Women are catty
    Women are too emotional

blah blah...

I am not catty. I am probably not emotional enough. I'm not married, but I do have a bf and I do NOT clean up after him and I won't. He can do that s*** himself just like I clean up after myself.

I am educated and have my own career, and although nothing is wrong with being a stay at home mom, that will not be happening. We will split our duties equally. I will take care of my future husband as long as he takes care of me :) I think it is important that both sexes "do their part" when it comes to making a relationship work. Whatever that is should be left up to them to decide. I think the stay at home mom thing was more common when men were in the workforce more and women didn't have decent jobs. Now that more women are getting their educations and entering the workforce, things have changed.

That being said, I make dinner for him all the time, and do other nice things for him. But I ain't no damn maid lol.

Agreed!
  • biorach
    biorach Posts: 60 Member
    Options

If feminism is done right it's not sexism. Not all people that call themselves feminists are the same. Obviously.

Times have changed. The issues that feminism deals with are not the same as they used to be. It's still important to have support in place where needed. And in many other parts of the world, women are not treated equally.

Yes, but I don't think this thread is referring to women in other parts of the world.
    Mind you, I only know a handful of feminists and everything that they talk about leads BACK to the early 1900s.
    With what issues (that feminists are "dealing with") are you referring?
  • ptotheb
    Options

Women are catty
    Women are too emotional

blah blah...

7MitvWz.jpg
  • TheBackStory
    Options

But I can say this....

Let me know when you need more than your mind blown.
    Proceed
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    So, what I'm gathering here is that those ever-popular "Housewives of (city/ state/county)" shows ARE NOT an factual representation of the women of America?

Mind. Blown! :explode:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Times have changed. The issues that feminism deals with are not the same as they used to be. It's still important to have support in place where needed. And in many other parts of the world, women are not treated equally.

Yes, but I don't think this thread is referring to women in other parts of the world.
    Mind you, I only know a handful of feminists and everything that they talk about leads BACK to the early 1900s.
    With what issues (that feminists are "dealing with") are you referring?

I'm just speaking as someone that has been through sexual violence as a child and I work alongside women and men to continue helping with domestic and sexual violence, so in that context I see a lot of feminism and where it has helped and where it continues to help when these issues arise. But, I think we have made a ton of progress. And I also work along side people that do help in other countries for women's issues. I'm just not in any need to throw any allies away. But, we really do work as women and men for women and men. And for gaining support for other countries it is done through mobilizing girls in programs such as Because I am a Girl (as one of many examples).
This discussion has been closed.