Women, why must it be so?

Options

Replies

• jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Looks like the feminists showed up, :laugh: .

I'm proud to make my hubby a sandwich, when he works hard at work. :happy:

You are a good woman, and I only say that because it's true!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

The good ones are always taken =)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Is a woman staying at home to raise her children an equal to her husband who is working to provide?

Nope. I have a career. I believe in women and men both having careers and families.

^ Can't be serious.

I meant it as society doesn't view her as equal.

I was asking you. Not society.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options

You have hands, right?

No, I do not. I actually have to speak into a device that then transcribes what I say. Thank you for reminding me of my terrible inability to provide myself with the basic fundamentals of life... sandwiches.

Bwahahaha!
  • jkowula
    Options

Is a woman staying at home to raise her children an equal to her husband who is working to provide?

Nope. I have a career. I believe in women and men both having careers and families.

^ Can't be serious.

Buy the way, you don't think Women feed the machine as well? Why is this society thing a "stupid" man's issue?
  • onmyown326
    Options

A woman with some damn sense-thank you!!!!!! if my husband is working all day and I am not-he's paying the bills and I am not-I do everything for him with PLEASURE because its the least I can do-he never asks-he never would-he would make his own meals if I told him too. There is a difference. I go and do what I want-as does he. why? because I don't want restrictions and demands put on ME (other than my wedding vow stuff) so why do that to him? But if he ever TOLD me what to do? Well I'd punch him in the nuts-duh!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    In other words you're a liberal/hipster push over with no real agenda other than to cut off penises and destroy sandwich shops once and for all.

Oh, btw, you missed a spot when you vacuumed the other day...

So wanting men and women to be treated equally makes me all of those things? You definitely don't know me at all, then.

Also, I'm a fiscal conservative. I am not a liberal or any of those silly labels.

I do applaud your for taking a stand. Unfortunately, it doesnt work on the internet and it's the last bastion of the "isms". I think you make your comment and move on. You'll continue to be attacked as they look for weak spots.

Is it acceptable? No, it's not no more acceptable than if you had taken a stand against racism and were attacked, and attacked with some silly, superfluous things. However, you cant make a blind man see when his ears are closed.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

^ Can't be serious.

Oh, okay. That's news to me. It doesn't work that way in Canada.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

I'll educate you. This is how America views women:

vintage-sexist-ads%20(16)%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • wheird
    Options
    In other words you're a liberal/hipster push over with no real agenda other than to cut off penises and destroy sandwich shops once and for all.

Oh, btw, you missed a spot when you vacuumed the other day...

So wanting men and women to be treated equally makes me all of those things? You definitely don't know me at all, then.

Also, I'm a fiscal conservative. I am not a liberal or any of those silly labels.

I do applaud your for taking a stand. Unfortunately, it doesnt work on the internet and it's the last bastion of the "isms". I think you make your comment and move on. You'll continue to be attacked as they look for weak spots.

Is it acceptable? No, it's not no more than acceptable if you had took a stand against racism and were attacked, and attacked with some silly, superfluous things. However, you cant make a blind man see when his ears are closed.

If you cannot defend your position, then it probably is not correct.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple, I take care of my man + He takes care of me = happy relationship! =] Oh and you have to make him sandwiches... They just taste better when we make them.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The "problem" with the "joke" in the OP is that women are often criticized for being "crazy" and "emotional" thus portraying our feelings as being "invalid". Men are, in general, less emotional and more logical, but this doesn't make women "wrong", just different. Men tend to be afraid, or have no idea how to handle emotional women. They should learn. Sometimes I cry when I'm angry or I screw something up at work. Don't treat me differently, however from a man who gets angry or frustrated. I can't control it. I don't want special treatment. The perception that women hate each other goes along with this. Often this is perpetrated by "less emotional" women who also don't understand emotional women. Again, the solution is to try to understand, ask questions, don't make anyone feel invalid, etc.

^ THIS is the "feminist" issue here. Nothing to do with working mothers. :grumble:

But yes, I get that the OP was a joke. :drinker:
  • wheird
    Options

:laugh:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

A woman with some damn sense-thank you!!!!!! if my husband is working all day and I am not-he's paying the bills and I am not-I do everything for him with PLEASURE because its the least I can do-he never asks-he never would-he would make his own meals if I told him too. There is a difference. I go and do what I want-as does he. why? because I don't want restrictions and demands put on ME (other than my wedding vow stuff) so why do that to him? But if he ever TOLD me what to do? Well I'd punch him in the nuts-duh!

Huge difference is you are choosing to, while many men in society EXPECT women to do it because they are women. "You're a woman, so make me a sandwich." Meanwhile I work my butt off in my career and have to do my own cooking, cleaning, etc. I can work and make food, so why can't a man? That is the point being made.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I'll make anyone a sandwich, if I have the time and they do the same for me at some point. Relationships are a give and take (or so I hear)
  • jkowula
    Options

OMG - Your arguments lack understanding, openness, and have zero integrity.
  • wheird
    Options
    The "problem" with the "joke" in the OP is that women are often criticized for being "crazy" and "emotional" thus portraying our feelings as being "invalid". Men are, in general, less emotional and more logical, but this doesn't make women "wrong", just different. Men tend to be afraid, or have no idea how to handle emotional women. They should learn. Sometimes I cry when I'm angry or I screw something up at work. Don't treat me differently, however from a man who gets angry or frustrated. I can't control it. I don't want special treatment. The perception that women hate each other goes along with this. Often this is perpetrated by "less emotional" women who also don't understand emotional women. Again, the solution is to try to understand, ask questions, don't make anyone feel invalid, etc.

^ THIS is the "feminist" issue here. Nothing to do with working mothers. :grumble:

But yes, I get that the OP was a joke. :drinker:

Men are taught to be less emotional, or we are branded sissies and told to toughen up. And women often express their frustration with men who are emotionally unavailable, thanks to the same social issues.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This. I actually pity her boyfriend. If she gets this aggressive about pretty meaningless topic such as this, then I can only imagine the hell he goes through when a serious issue arises

It's not meaningless to care about being treated as an equal. My BF is a feminist as well.

She should be.

Only if she also makes sammiches
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    My BF is a feminist as well.
    th?id=H.4805262134543244&pid=15.1
  • wheird
    Options

Huge difference is you are choosing to, while many men in society EXPECT women to do it because they are women. "You're a woman, so make me a sandwich." Meanwhile I work my butt off in my career and have to do my own cooking, cleaning, etc. I can work and make food, so why can't a man? That is the point being made.

Lol. I work, do my own cooking, cleaning, laundry, gardening, repairing, etc. I neither expect nor want a woman to do do any of these things (ok, maybe help garden) because I am very likely better at it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.