Women, why must it be so?

Options

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    This. I actually pity her boyfriend. If she gets this aggressive about pretty meaningless topic such as this, then I can only imagine the hell he goes through when a serious issue arises

It's not meaningless to care about being treated as an equal. My BF is a feminist as well.

Is a woman staying at home to raise her children an equal to her husband who is working to provide?

Thank you brah. Somebody had to say it.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    In other words you're a liberal/hipster push over with no real agenda other than to cut off penises and destroy sandwich shops once and for all.

Oh, btw, you missed a spot when you vacuumed the other day...

So wanting men and women to be treated equally makes me all of those things? You definitely don't know me at all, then.

Also, I'm a fiscal conservative. I am not a liberal or any of those silly labels.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, loving all of this!
  • determined_erin
    Options

Is a woman staying at home to raise her children an equal to her husband who is working to provide?

Nope. I have a career. I believe in women and men both having careers and families.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options

Nope. I have a career. I believe in women and men both having careers and families.

You know that's not the best environment for kids to be brought up in right? Google it, there are lots of articles....
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This. I actually pity her boyfriend. If she gets this aggressive about pretty meaningless topic such as this, then I can only imagine the hell he goes through when a serious issue arises

It's not meaningless to care about being treated as an equal. My BF is a feminist as well.

I was a woman staying at home, BUT I watched other peoples kids for money to keep up my end of the deal... Maybe the man asked for that? Also daycare is expensive, some can justify staying at home to cover the cost depending on what their salary was like before children.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    sure, i pee in the shower

Silly man, wrong thread.:glasses:
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

For the love of...No one is saying that women shouldn't vote or get equal pay. This isn't 1924. It was said women are complex. Funny thing is, you proved this claim to be true with your ranting. You took a small thing and nuked it out of proportion. This isn't about your Bf being a feminist. I am for gender equality on all levels. This about you getting on a soap box to try to prove you are a "strong woman" when you come off as insecure and unstable.
  • determined_erin
    Options
    You know that's not the best environment for kids to be brought up in right? Google it, there are lots of articles....

Well even though I am not with children yet, I do know many people who have families with both parents working. I see no issues in their lives. It may not work for everyone, but surely the female shouldn't be forced to not have a career. Maybe the male can stay home instead.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Therein lies your problem and why I cannot take you seriously as a feminist. They are absolutely equal. Being a SAHM does not make that woman any less than her husband. They have just divided up the responsibilities of their family in a way that they feel works best for them. That is called equitable division of labor. Neither the wife nor the husband is more or less important as they both provide essential services to their family unit.

And the same exact thing would be true if it was a stay at home dad.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options

Well even though I am not with children yet, I do know many people who have families with both parents working. I see no issues in their lives. It may not work for everyone, but surely the female shouldn't be forced to not have a career. Maybe the male can stay home instead.

Oh, am I down with that! More couch and sports for me!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

She should be.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Unlike you, I won't rush off and do something just because someone tells me to do it. It's called consumerism. Stop falling prey. Be strong.

"You can do it. "

When did I ever rush off and do something that someone told me to do?

You're one of those women that thinks it's an insult if a man buys you flowers... Am I Right?

Yes damn it..buy me chocolate. Geez get it right! :grumble:
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you like cuddling, Disney movies and dont mind me wearing leggings or yoga pants 65% of the time then we are good. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    Options

And if they choose for the husband to stay home instead of the wife, that is fine if that is the agreement they have come to.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Looks like the feminists showed up, :laugh: .

I'm proud to make my hubby a sandwich, when he works hard at work. :happy:
  • wheird
    Options

She should be.

I absolutely agree.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

^ Can't be serious.
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    We need more Little House on the Prairie for perspective. :wink:
  • determined_erin
    Options

^ Can't be serious.

I meant it as society doesn't view her as equal.
This discussion has been closed.