Women, why must it be so?

Options

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    funny-picture-dont-try-to-understand-women-women-understands-women-and-they-hate-each-other-600x460.jpg

so so so true:laugh:

I know this is supposed to be a silly thread, but this is one of my least favorite stereotypes so I want to counter it. I organize a women's policy conference and am part of many workgroups, volunteer organizations, and research teams that are made up of almost entirely women. The hallmarks of all of these groups: awesome problem solving, mutual support, and teamwork. IMHO, any woman who thinks women "hate eachother" should look at what she herself is putting out into the world.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    2013-09-13-roy.png

Have you tried turning her off and on again?
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    funny-picture-dont-try-to-understand-women-women-understands-women-and-they-hate-each-other-600x460.jpg

I know this is supposed to be a silly thread, but this is one of my least favorite stereotypes so I want to counter it. I organize a women's policy conference and am part of many workgroups, volunteer organizations, and research teams that are made up of almost entirely women. The hallmarks of all of these groups: awesome problem solving, mutual support, and teamwork. IMHO, any woman who thinks women "hate eachother" should look at what she herself is putting out into the world.

ibh6sg6RVpLJO5.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Women are easy to understand. Men are just too stupid to get anything.

Lol, issues?

Weird how everything is okay until men are attacked. Go back to laying on the couch watching sports while women actually make a difference! :)

While you're making a difference make me a sammich please. And don't forget the mayo. You know where to find me.

34imzr4.jpg
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    p5.jpeg

Simply, if you have that much issue finding the button, stay away from the controls.

That's why I'll let you control the buttons and I'll just plug in through the back.

/endthread
  • onmyown326
    Options

I cant even comment on this....I love women-and I love my friends-but sweetie-if you think for once second a girl will say she loves you on second and then tell your other friend what a ***** you are-then I don't know-maybe you need to watch a little more Real Housewives?
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options

ibh6sg6RVpLJO5.gif

I don't think we will ever fully understand each other, and it's fun to poke fun at it. My bf and I joke around all the time about our "gender" differences.

*that gif is adorable btw...:laugh: *
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Lol, issues?

Weird how everything is okay until men are attacked. Go back to laying on the couch watching sports while women actually make a difference! :)

While you're making a difference make me a sammich please. And don't forget the mayo. You know where to find me.

34imzr4.jpg

What? I said please and everything!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Lol, issues?

34imzr4.jpg

Oh, ok then. :tongue:
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I cant even comment on this....I love women-and I love my friends-but sweetie-if you think for once second a girl will say she loves you on second and then tell your other friend what a ***** you are-then I don't know-maybe you need to watch a little more Real Housewives?

That sounds more like a maturity issue, not a gender issue. Anybody can be immature.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Accurate.

The problem is that society plays with everyone's heads. Tells everyone that stereotyping is okay, and that it's not important for us to listen to problems (like the stereotypes in this thread) and listen to *each other*. Society tells men that it's okay to tell women to go make them a sandwich as a "joke." It's all ridiculous.
  • FatHuMan1
    Options

Lol, issues?

34imzr4.jpg

Oh, ok then. :tongue:

Quick like a bunny then...............:tongue:

*Ducks and runs out of thread*
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options

Lol, issues?

Yes but my question is why the attack?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yeah, because reality shows are soooo realistic. Everyone I know acts exactly like I see on T.V.

I also hate this stereotype.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Accurate.

The problem is that society plays with everyone's heads. Tells everyone that stereotyping is okay, and that it's not important for us to listen to problems (like the stereotypes in this thread) and listen to *each other*. Society tells men that it's okay to tell women to go make them a sandwich as a "joke." It's all ridiculous.

That moment you get serious on a "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" thread.

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif
  • POTELoewee
    POTELoewee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We love to keep you entertained, guessing and on your toes...:tongue: if it was easy you'd get bored and move on. Can you imagine.... Life would be so boring and mundane if we all had the same switches and "turned on" in the same sequence as guys do. :wink:
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Accurate.

That moment you get serious on a "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" thread.

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif

^this

lighten up people, it's all in good fun. Life is more fun when don't take things so seriously. =)
  • FatHuMan1
    Options

Accurate.

Innacurate.

I can joke about it without believing it. I can also take a joke without getting offended by it. Not everything is to be taken seriously.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't understand why people think women hate each other. Just yesterday I went to my dance practice, after missing a couple weeks, and all the ladies were so happy to see me that they hugged me and some even picked my up and swung me around.

It also seems logical to me that if men don't understand women that the problem is in their ability to understand.

I have great relationships with my female friends. It is entirely possible for women to like each other.

My husband and I both understand each other really well. No one understands me as well as he does. And no one understands him as well as I do. So, it's entirely possible for people of different genders to understand each other.

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I don't get it. And I make a living in part by making people laugh.

As for the buttons picture, I think that is supposed to be about pleasing each other sexually. Women have more buttons. That's just what's so fun about us.
This discussion has been closed.