Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym for an hour it made myself feel better about all the crap i ate lol
  • urbanbabydoc
    urbanbabydoc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely working out and NO not a douche! LOL!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Call it what you want, but I'm getting ready to work right now. Whether it's a holiday, my birthday, etc., working out regularly is apart of my life now so there are no excuses. I make time for it.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    *shrugs* I workout on holidays. It's a personal choice really
  • hank987
    Options
    Just got back from the gym...it was PACKED. Like a regular weekday night...
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I worked out this morning. I plan on enjoying myself later in the day
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Douche #673 reporting in - got my 1 hour, 55 minutes of swimming in, plenty of other douches at the gym today too.......

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody, enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!1

By the way, does it make me a douche if I exercise portion control tonight? I plan on having everything that I enjoy but I'm gonna try a crazy new concept - taking a smaller amount of each thing, a little less of the potato, gravy type stuff & more of the veggies......
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I did 2 hours at the gym!!! Feeling totally douchy!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!:drinker:
  • chapamore
    chapamore Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We worked out with shots and cookies at 630 am
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I did 2 hours at the gym!!! Feeling totally douchy!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!:drinker:

What's the expression? Douches of a feather flock together??? Something like that, anyway...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I ran the Turkey Trot 5k and did a 7 min burpee amrap. Now- I eat. Workouts are enjoyment for me.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    I plan on getting in a walk/ bike ride this evening.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No...

are you a douche if you work out and still go over your calorie goal by 1000 calories?
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're a douche for wanting to work out on a holiday. I think you're a douche for trying to bias us with your personal preference for not working out on holidays by titling your post with such a leading question.

But anyway, it's Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner, so here you go :flowerforyou:

(and that's a strong statement- I don't think you're a douche, just don't like that you titled your post that way just to tell us why you don't want to work out today.)

Enjoy your life and do what you want.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. No excuses to not work out. Failure isn't an option.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. No excuses to not work out. Failure isn't an option.

Judging much? I don't understand why you think that not working on Thanksgiving is a failure Maybe you don't have a house full of people to take care and/or food to prepare so you have the time to spend two hours at the gym.

I don't have an excuse; I choose to spend time with my family all day, and I choose not to go to the gym today. I hope you enjoyed your workout and have a Happy Turkey Day!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I took rest days Tuesday and yesterday and this morning I woke up feeling like I wanted to exercise. My parents don't have weights or a treadmill so I went out for a 45 minute run this morning. I'm very close to my goal weight and I don't want to let one day slow down my progress any slower than it already is.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k this morning...

...but if I didn't have that race, I likely wouldn't have done any exercise at all today...

...unless you think I should count a couple of hours of food prep, eating lots of food, watching football, and taking a nap.
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Ur only douchy if u judge people who make a personal to workout or not workout. What is the big deal? I worked out cuz it feels good 1 st thing in the morning. If someone else prefers to rest, that good for them.