Does quality of food matter if you remain within calories?

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    sorry but at that moment someone respectfully asked me a question, instead of just being ignorant like most of you.
    i think someone is bored.

That's what happens when mom and dad are out for the evening and you get to stay up late.

haha, nice attempt at a personal attack (once again), I'm 36, and Ive studied the human body prob as long as you have been alive, at least 20 years, I was a Combat Medic in the Army and have had PLENTY of training and experience gained in REAL WORKING CONDITIONS, with great Doctors, not a little "College" frat house. ever wonder, maybe I'm NOT a "heretic" and possibly understand the body a little better than you ?, oh god forbid ANYONE knows the body better than you !! lol. man, never have I met so many close minded people in one place, refusing to even attempt to wonder if what they think they know may be wrong, I'm sorry but if you aren't questioning EVERYTHING you learn from ANYONE then you are never going to know that you didn't know.

I'm calling B.S.

And, honestly, if you are 36 and a former combat medic then your parents, your teachers, the military, society, your next door neighbor Phillis, and God himself have failed you.

snap_zps09ac0e24.gif

yeah I don't think so, maybe its you who are too full of yourself to learn anything new, this is rampant in this field. I also do my own research and reading, I don't just take what everyone "teaches me" as being the gospel truth like you obviously have, if you think its all calories in -calories out, you are behind the curve, just wait and see, a couple years or so this knowledge will become more mainstream, just like when I first found Intermittent Fasting or Paleo back in 2005, people said the same thing to me, now, 9 years later, its mainstream, I have this knack of being ahead of the curve. say what u will, call me crazy, I'm sure they called the man crazy when he said the world is round, he was crazy, until he was proven right. myths are like that, and this is no different.

If you're pushing Paleo while claiming knowledge, then well, I think Phillis' cousin Beth and Fluffy the cat also failed you.
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options
    ok, I dare you to experiment, if you eat "real food", and balanced meals, eat only enough grams of carbs a day to replenish glycogen lost, INCREASE everything else besides carbs, eat as much as u can, do HIIT cardio and lift and I promise the more food you eat the leaner you will get. will you take this challenge ? prob not, fear will likely stop you from trusting me.

I have a BMR of 1707 (determined through an oxygen consumption test) so no, of course I'm not going to take on your "challenge" and eat 2500+ calories because I know damn well I will gain weight- whether I eat whole foods or junk food.

By the way, I already eat strictly whole foods (Mediterranean diet, low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat) due to insulin resistance and hypoglycemia.

In other words, your theory has been debunked.
    Ok, so your BMR is 1707, do you think it STAYS at that ? and eating less will cause a permanent deficit ?, it will create a deficit for about two weeks, then you will hit a plateau because your 1707 BMR WILL drop to just under what you are eating per day. If you DO take my challenge however, eating MORE than you need will A: RAISE your metabolic rate and thermogenisis (only 1 of the 5 ways we burn calories btw) B: your body will utilize more of the excess calories to build and repair muscle and the body in general, C: it costs 10% roughly of what you eat just to digest the food so you end up with only 90% at most. D: your body ramps UP fat burning enzymes and hormones. result is you WILL lose more fat than before and perform better. calories are no different that water, you drink more you piss more out, drink less, you retain more. like I said, its called a "Negative Feedback Loop". think of it as a fire, you are feeding your fire less fuel than it needs to keep burning hot, it gets smaller and less hot, the metabolism does the same thing. see, you all think that your BMR remains the same no matter your calorie intake, this is not true, the body will try to match by lowing or raising it. so you will lose fat AND muscle tissue until your BMR is say 1200, then you stop losing and can actually gain/retain body fat and lose more muscle. its sad that no one really understand this.

You will hit a plateau in 2 weeks? Really?

You do realize that your BMR is not your TDEE?

Also, please could you show where eating at a deficit causes a permanent drop in your BMR outside what it would due to weight lose. Also, please show me how you will lose weight if not at a deficit?

And again, please stop making assumptions.

im not talking about "Losing Weight" here, Im talking about a positive shift in body comp. you know, more muscle and less fat AT THE SAME TIME, yes its possible. tell me if calories count, how could I have a 190 pound athlete eating 4,500 calories ( 20 whole egg omelets and piles of bacon at one meal sometimes) right up to a physique show, steadily losing body fat percentage and gaining LBM ? his BMR was prob only 2000-2200 plus his daily TDEE may have been 3500-4000 at most in expenditure. the REASON that you lose FAT while over consuming calories from real food, no sugar, and controlled carbs only, is that our body has a "Calorie conservation" mode and it also has a "calorie wasting" mode. we also burn calories in 5 diff pathways. Mechanical is but 1 path. Thermoregulation is 2, Hormonal (production and utilization of them) is 3, Chemically ( digestion etc) is 4 and Neurological is 5, the more calories we consume the higher our nervous energy usage is, creating more energy for exercise. you are SO fixated on fat loss being your TDEE - intake= fat loss. in reality what has to happen in our body during a deficit is not necessarily fat utilization, you assume that is what happens, what really happens is lower calories lowers TOTAL weight, meaning you lose MUSCLE, other tissues, some fat, and you don't recover as well and also lose bone tissue if done long enough. I'm not talking "Weight loss" once again, Im talking Body Composition change. the excess calories, if healthy, will be utilized for healthy tissue building, not fat storage, thats a very simplistic idea of the body, its not cause and effect. you eat MORE of anything and the body tries to maintain a physiological "Normal" level, like sodium/potassium balance and water, or Oxygen to Carbon Dioxide ratio in the blood controls breathing rate. hell, did you know you will die if you breath PURE oxygen ? it will make you stop breathing due to the "hypoxic drive", until you get a breath with carbon dioxide in it to stimulate the hypoxic drive, O2 in blood gets low, breathing goes up, it gets too high, breathing goes down. you get too hot, you sweat to return to homeostasis, what makes you think calories are any different ? it is ALL controlled by Negative Feedback Mechanisms. true biological actions/reactions are medically known. look into the book "the calorie myth" and he give more than enough medical reference proving my words. as well as "the fat switch" by a doctor or Dr. Jack Kruse's works/website. its all out there.

You are talking about recomping. Then why did you just not say that?.

Are you suggesting that for everyone?

YES !!! why not ? isn't that what EVERYONE is looking for ? less fat more muscle, a fast metabolism and high performance and recovery and the ability to eat WHATEVER and burn it right off ? eating this way, Ive had clients lose FAT even faster than lowering calories ! with the bonus that they don't have to worry about slipping or falling off their "diet" , its just "healthy eating" and abundance of food, its a positive relationship with food, not seeing it as the fat storing enemy. this is how you maintain healthy weight over a LIFETIME not just for 10 or 30 years having to ALWAYS count calories and bull**** that don't matter. THIS is the right way and healthy way.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As far as weight loss, no. As far as nutrition, absolutely. That being said, even if you go over ONE DAY, you will be fine... You may experience a hiccup in your progress for a day or two but no long-term issues... However, if it became routine, then yes, it would affect progress (if you go over your calories regularly).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ok, I dare you to experiment, if you eat "real food", and balanced meals, eat only enough grams of carbs a day to replenish glycogen lost, INCREASE everything else besides carbs, eat as much as u can, do HIIT cardio and lift and I promise the more food you eat the leaner you will get. will you take this challenge ? prob not, fear will likely stop you from trusting me.

I have a BMR of 1707 (determined through an oxygen consumption test) so no, of course I'm not going to take on your "challenge" and eat 2500+ calories because I know damn well I will gain weight- whether I eat whole foods or junk food.

By the way, I already eat strictly whole foods (Mediterranean diet, low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat) due to insulin resistance and hypoglycemia.

Ok, so your BMR is 1707, do you think it STAYS at that ? and eating less will cause a permanent deficit ?, it will create a deficit for about two weeks, then you will hit a plateau because your 1707 BMR WILL drop to just under what you are eating per day. If you DO take my challenge however, eating MORE than you need will A: RAISE your metabolic rate and thermogenisis (only 1 of the 5 ways we burn calories btw) B: your body will utilize more of the excess calories to build and repair muscle and the body in general, C: it costs 10% roughly of what you eat just to digest the food so you end up with only 90% at most. D: your body ramps UP fat burning enzymes and hormones. result is you WILL lose more fat than before and perform better. calories are no different that water, you drink more you piss more out, drink less, you retain more. like I said, its called a "Negative Feedback Loop". think of it as a fire, you are feeding your fire less fuel than it needs to keep burning hot, it gets smaller and less hot, the metabolism does the same thing. see, you all think that your BMR remains the same no matter your calorie intake, this is not true, the body will try to match by lowing or raising it. so you will lose fat AND muscle tissue until your BMR is say 1200, then you stop losing and can actually gain/retain body fat and lose more muscle. its sad that no one really understand this.

Also, please could you show where eating at a deficit causes a permanent drop in your BMR outside what it would due to weight lose. Also, please show me how you will lose weight if not at a deficit?

im not talking about "Losing Weight" here, Im talking about a positive shift in body comp. you know, more muscle and less fat AT THE SAME TIME, yes its possible. tell me if calories count, how could I have a 190 pound athlete eating 4,500 calories ( 20 whole egg omelets and piles of bacon at one meal sometimes) right up to a physique show, steadily losing body fat percentage and gaining LBM ? his BMR was prob only 2000-2200 plus his daily TDEE may have been 3500-4000 at most in expenditure. the REASON that you lose FAT while over consuming calories from real food, no sugar, and controlled carbs only, is that our body has a "Calorie conservation" mode and it also has a "calorie wasting" mode. we also burn calories in 5 diff pathways. Mechanical is but 1 path. Thermoregulation is 2, Hormonal (production and utilization of them) is 3, Chemically ( digestion etc) is 4 and Neurological is 5, the more calories we consume the higher our nervous energy usage is, creating more energy for exercise. you are SO fixated on fat loss being your TDEE - intake= fat loss. in reality what has to happen in our body during a deficit is not necessarily fat utilization, you assume that is what happens, what really happens is lower calories lowers TOTAL weight, meaning you lose MUSCLE, other tissues, some fat, and you don't recover as well and also lose bone tissue if done long enough. I'm not talking "Weight loss" once again, Im talking Body Composition change. the excess calories, if healthy, will be utilized for healthy tissue building, not fat storage, thats a very simplistic idea of the body, its not cause and effect. you eat MORE of anything and the body tries to maintain a physiological "Normal" level, like sodium/potassium balance and water, or Oxygen to Carbon Dioxide ratio in the blood controls breathing rate. hell, did you know you will die if you breath PURE oxygen ? it will make you stop breathing due to the "hypoxic drive", until you get a breath with carbon dioxide in it to stimulate the hypoxic drive, O2 in blood gets low, breathing goes up, it gets too high, breathing goes down. you get too hot, you sweat to return to homeostasis, what makes you think calories are any different ? it is ALL controlled by Negative Feedback Mechanisms. true biological actions/reactions are medically known. look into the book "the calorie myth" and he give more than enough medical reference proving my words. as well as "the fat switch" by a doctor or Dr. Jack Kruse's works/website. its all out there.

YES !!! why not ? isn't that what EVERYONE is looking for ? less fat more muscle, a fast metabolism and high performance and recovery and the ability to eat WHATEVER and burn it right off ? eating this way, Ive had clients lose FAT even faster than lowering calories ! with the bonus that they don't have to worry about slipping or falling off their "diet" , its just "healthy eating" and abundance of food, its a positive relationship with food, not seeing it as the fat storing enemy. this is how you maintain healthy weight over a LIFETIME not just for 10 or 30 years having to ALWAYS count calories and bull**** that don't matter. THIS is the right way and healthy way.

So, someone significantly overweight should recomp and not actually try to lose weight?

For someone who has been slamming people for not willing to think of anything outside their current ideas and beliefs, the statement "THIS is the right way" is a little hypocritical don't you think?

And again, with the assumptions - maybe not everyone is looking for more muscle.

Also, are you saying that I can eat 6,000 calories and not gain weight?
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options
    sorry but at that moment someone respectfully asked me a question, instead of just being ignorant like most of you.

That's what happens when mom and dad are out for the evening and you get to stay up late.

haha, nice attempt at a personal attack (once again), I'm 36, and Ive studied the human body prob as long as you have been alive, at least 20 years, I was a Combat Medic in the Army and have had PLENTY of training and experience gained in REAL WORKING CONDITIONS, with great Doctors, not a little "College" frat house. ever wonder, maybe I'm NOT a "heretic" and possibly understand the body a little better than you ?, oh god forbid ANYONE knows the body better than you !! lol. man, never have I met so many close minded people in one place, refusing to even attempt to wonder if what they think they know may be wrong, I'm sorry but if you aren't questioning EVERYTHING you learn from ANYONE then you are never going to know that you didn't know.

I'm calling B.S.

And, honestly, if you are 36 and a former combat medic then your parents, your teachers, the military, society, your next door neighbor Phillis, and God himself have failed you.

snap_zps09ac0e24.gif

yeah I don't think so, maybe its you who are too full of yourself to learn anything new, this is rampant in this field. I also do my own research and reading, I don't just take what everyone "teaches me" as being the gospel truth like you obviously have, if you think its all calories in -calories out, you are behind the curve, just wait and see, a couple years or so this knowledge will become more mainstream, just like when I first found Intermittent Fasting or Paleo back in 2005, people said the same thing to me, now, 9 years later, its mainstream, I have this knack of being ahead of the curve. say what u will, call me crazy, I'm sure they called the man crazy when he said the world is round, he was crazy, until he was proven right. myths are like that, and this is no different.

If you're pushing Paleo while claiming knowledge, then well, I think Phillis' cousin Beth and Fluffy the cat also failed you.

haha, wow, another person who hears "Paleo" and thinks "Fad" diet….sad how little you know about ancestral eating. I use a "Paleo template" to teach people what real "Human specific food looks like, yet there also taught to adjust based on ethnic background, metabolic type and to only eat 80% clean and add other "non-Paleo" foods that they like as long as they are well tolerated, plus some deserts if they wish on occasion. contrary to what you think, real "Paleo" is the closest to biologically appropriate human food we could eat. check out the newest documentary…"The Perfect Human Diet". its not a fad like adkins, its not "low carb" or "Low Fat", its just about eating real healthy foods that don't also harm out digestion and other body functions. it doesn't look good when people just jump on the "Paleo is a fad diet" bandwagon, and if you believe the diet rankings that came out in the media, you are highly influenced by big agra, big food and prob big pharma as well.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I'm calling B.S.

snap_zps09ac0e24.gif

haha, wow, another person who hears "Paleo" and thinks "Fad" diet….sad how little you know about ancestral eating. I use a "Paleo template" to teach people what real "Human specific food looks like, yet there also taught to adjust based on ethnic background, metabolic type and to only eat 80% clean and add other "non-Paleo" foods that they like as long as they are well tolerated, plus some deserts if they wish on occasion. contrary to what you think, real "Paleo" is the closest to biologically appropriate human food we could eat. check out the newest documentary…"The Perfect Human Diet". its not a fad like adkins, its not "low carb" or "Low Fat", its just about eating real healthy foods that don't also harm out digestion and other body functions. it doesn't look good when people just jump on the "Paleo is a fad diet" bandwagon, and if you believe the diet rankings that came out in the media, you are highly influenced by big agra, big food and prob big pharma as well.

Someone please call the kind men in lab coats with the happy pills, and I'll grab the hugging jacket.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    IN, for the perfect human diet....

tumblr_ms15f9tluF1qiiuvxo1_500.gif
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options

So, someone significantly overweight should recomp and not actually try to lose weight?

For someone who has been slamming people for not willing to think of anything outside their current ideas and beliefs, the statement "THIS is the right way" is a little hypocritical don't you think?

And again, with the assumptions - maybe not everyone is looking for more muscle.

yes thats what Im saying. hell, phelps ate 12,000 per day of a lot of junk and got leaner, and he didn't burn it all thru exercise, think about it. you have a food warehouse and are in charge of rationing out food to the village, you get a big shipment each day, you give out a bit extra to people….not one day something happens and they only can deliver ONE shipment of food per week to you, are u still gonna give out extra ? or will you be giving out LESS food until shipments are increased ? thats how the body sees fat. I'm trying to put this in terms u will "get". yes, the "right way" to lose weight (they will still lose weight due to more pounds of fat being shed than there are pounds of muscle being built, women build muscle slowly), its not "close minded" for me to say that this is the healthier way, the long term way, because there are only two ways to do this, short term thru caloric deprivation (95% failure rate) or healthy eating of an abundance of food, which is long term sustainable, its how people ate before we started tinkering with "Calories" and screwing things up by over thinking things and sticking our hands in trying to manipulate nature like the arrogant humans we are. Im betting if you eat healthy, limit carb intake to say 300 grams per day (enough to replace lost glycogen but not overflow) and eat as much as u can of everything else, ESP Fats like saturated fat from natural fed animals (healthiest for the human body, being solid at room temp means its the most stable against oxidative damage and free radical production in the body) and the more u eat, the leaner u will get. I have done this on many clients and friends as well.
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options

I'm calling B.S.

snap_zps09ac0e24.gif

Someone please call the kind men in lab coats with the happy pills, and I'll grab the hugging jacket.

ahhh, more of that Intelligence i have run into on here.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

yes thats what Im saying. hell, phelps ate 12,000 per day of a lot of junk and got leaner, and he didn't burn it all thru exercise, think about it. you have a food warehouse and are in charge of rationing out food to the village, you get a big shipment each day, you give out a bit extra to people….not one day something happens and they only can deliver ONE shipment of food per week to you, are u still gonna give out extra ? or will you be giving out LESS food until shipments are increased ? thats how the body sees fat. I'm trying to put this in terms u will "get". yes, the "right way" to lose weight (they will still lose weight due to more pounds of fat being shed than there are pounds of muscle being built, women build muscle slowly), its not "close minded" for me to say that this is the healthier way, the long term way, because there are only two ways to do this, short term thru caloric deprivation (95% failure rate) or healthy eating of an abundance of food, which is long term sustainable, its how people ate before we started tinkering with "Calories" and screwing things up by over thinking things and sticking our hands in trying to manipulate nature like the arrogant humans we are. Im betting if you eat healthy, limit carb intake to say 300 grams per day (enough to replace lost glycogen but not overflow) and eat as much as u can of everything else, ESP Fats like saturated fat from natural fed animals (healthiest for the human body, being solid at room temp means its the most stable against oxidative damage and free radical production in the body) and the more u eat, the leaner u will get. I have done this on many clients and friends as well.

Enough with the patronizing. You are talking about metabolic adaptation, and yes it works both ways - but there absolutely is an upper limit.

Also, you mention in your other post about choosing foods based on ethic backgrounds and metabolic type - please share studies or even respectable articles that show that you can actually do this and to the degree that is positively impacts your BMR.

Good luck with recomping a woman who is 300lb and getting their body fat to a healthy level!

You totally lost me at the food warehouse analogy - it made less sense than the fire one.

ETA: you keep throwing the 95% statistic around - do you have one that shows that following your suggestions (which I am not sure exactly what they are other than to recomp), shows a higher success rate.
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options
    Ah so now the Paleo zealot is revealed!

someone else who needs reading comprehension. Im no "Zealot" for Paleo. i know proper nutrition because I know the body, and I said I use that as a BASE template, loosely, and modified, similar to the way Kris Cresser recommends in his book. there are a thousand dif ways people can eat and still be considered to follow "paleo" concepts. and using the 80/20 principle allows for things like white rice etc based on background. its actually SUCH a good nutrition protocol for humans they are using it in tests to heal autoimmune disease and Functional Medicine Practitioners are using this nutrition base for healing clients, u can argue with me and make fun, call me names but u can't refute the actual science that has been done on Paleo and Paleo like diet like Weston Price. I'm not talking about "Science" like vegans use, performed by vegan agenda based scientists for their purpose either, Paleos only "Agenda" is human health, no one can intelligently argue otherwise, I've read more than 30 dif books mostly by doctors on this and functional medicine, even "Functional Diagnostic Nutrition" uses Paleo as a base template. its really sad how close minded and ignorant people chose to be when the research is all out there.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You know Phelps denies eating 12,000 calories a day, right?
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For one day? I doubt it will have a long lasting effect...beyond maybe causing you to have a sugar rush, lol.

For me it will open up old cravings that I have managed to tame. In 2006 when I was about 25lbs from my goal weight, someone brought Krispy Kreme donuts to the office. I do not go out of my way to buy these, Oreos, soda, or Swedish Fish, anymore because they are "triggers" that trigger me to binge.

THIS is how it goes for me as well. If I get too use to cheating, I feel that it'll lower my appreciation for the healthy foods I'm teaching myself to :heart:. I also had issues with binge eating, and Lord knows, I do NOT need to go back down that deadly road. I find that eating healthier, allows me to eat more, which keeps me in control of my urge to binge and say "FORGET THIS DAMN CALORIE COUNTING!!!!" :explode:

For now, I find it a bit safer for me to indulge in sugar free treats, and weight watchers desserts. I'm a SERIOUS sugar addict. I also make sure I buy small packs of treats. However, if you can handle it, good for you! Have your cake and eat it too! :laugh: Just know that you definitely shouldn't beat yourself up over one day. Oh yea, and don't guess how many calories you've had. KNOW. That way you'll stay in control. :smile:
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options

Enough with the patronizing. You are talking about metabolic adaptation, and yes it works both ways - but there absolutely is an upper limit.

Also, you mention in your other post about choosing foods based on ethic backgrounds and metabolic type - please share studies or even respectable articles that show that you can actually do this and to the degree that is positively impacts your BMR.

Good luck with recomping a woman who is 300lb and getting their body fat to a healthy level!

You totally lost me at the food warehouse analogy - it made less sense than the fire one.

ETA: you keep throwing the 95% statistic around - do you have one that shows that following your suggestions (which I am not sure exactly what they are other than to recomp), shows a higher success rate.

im not trying to patronize you. I'm simply trying to get you to understand an obviously foreign concept. who is more apt to throw money away and randomly spend it and who is likely to save their money, a Rich man or a poor man ? the correct answer is the RICH man, because he makes so much he don't NEED to save it, the poor man will do what he can to make enough cuts in his life to be able to SAVE his little income. you can find the calorie diet success rate of 95% Anywhere online , its really not hard if you know how to use google. its proven, even the company (which i don't agree with on most things, uses that in their certification training) I HAVE recomped women 275-300lbs down to 160 and 20% body fat , u want more proof like that, go to some cross fit boxes and find plenty of ladies who lost tons of fat by eating MORE. its biology not rocket science man. the only "Upper limit" is your appetite, once they recover their BMR from caloric dieting and are eating like 3000 cal a day, they can start going off of hunger at that point and the body will self regulate and lose excess fat. it will reach a "happy fat" percent eventually and at that point if they want to lean out more, they adjust carbs and eat MORE calories so the body is then "OK" with allowing the loss of more precious fat energy. the only drive for the body to rid itself of stored energy is to let it see more than enough coming in, if it sees less than it needs coming in it will begin to make changes to conserve that energy, and the less you eat and harder u work to "burn calories" the worse this gets. Like I said, I do this daily with men and women who are plenty obese, they love being able to eat as much as they can of good food and lose more fat, blows their minds, hell it still blows my mind, I use to count calories and macros and do this crazy dance, but I'm telling you its not needed and backwards anyway.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I would like to take this moment to point out that any good scientist needs to be able to communicate their findings, both to their peers, and to the general public in a clear and concise manner. Now admittedly, this is sometimes difficult given the complexity of scientific topics, but all credibility is lost when the presenter fails to even attempt coherent dialogue.

And that is all I will say on this matter, because while I understand the premise put forward, I refuse to engage an individual who has demonstrated an inability to discuss a concept with a minimum of common courtesy and a respect for the intelligence of their audience.
  • nicholasawestendorf
    Options
    Ah so now the Paleo zealot is revealed!

someone else who needs reading comprehension. Im no "Zealot" for Paleo. i know proper nutrition because I know the body, and I said I use that as a BASE template, loosely, and modified, similar to the way Kris Cresser recommends in his book. there are a thousand dif ways people can eat and still be considered to follow "paleo" concepts. and using the 80/20 principle allows for things like white rice etc based on background. its actually SUCH a good nutrition protocol for humans they are using it in tests to heal autoimmune disease and Functional Medicine Practitioners are using this nutrition base for healing clients, u can argue with me and make fun, call me names but u can't refute the actual science that has been done on Paleo and Paleo like diet like Weston Price. I'm not talking about "Science" like vegans use, performed by vegan agenda based scientists for their purpose either, Paleos only "Agenda" is human health, no one can intelligently argue otherwise, I've read more than 30 dif books mostly by doctors on this and functional medicine, even "Functional Diagnostic Nutrition" uses Paleo as a base template. its really sad how close minded and ignorant people chose to be when the research is all out there.

Please provide reptuable (i.e., peer reviewed, published) evidence of any and all of your claims. And before you say it, "do your research", and "it's all out there" are not valid responses.

do you realize how long it takes to type and quote ONE resource ? haha, thats funny, there are literally hundreds in the one book called either "The Smarter Science of Slim" OR his new book "The Calorie Myth" by Jonathon Bailor, get the book, read it, get others, read them, "The Fat Switch" is another one, or "Its Hormones not Calories". those are but a FEW easy reads, I'm not going to spend the time to type out hundreds of paragraphs so you don't have to do anything, because whether you believe me or not is not my concern, keep ahold of OLD theories and myths until your media tells u otherwise, your weight concerns are yours, if you want the knowledge, do what I did, go get it yourself, I have given a couple references back in like page 1 or 2 about the cdc and the Harvard study on calories and body fatness being an inverse relationship.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,061 Member
    Options
    …..do you think our Great great great grandparents even knew what a calorie was ?, no, they ate REAL food, in only THREE meals a day and sometimes TWO and they were active and stayed thin, and we are more active now because they generally didn't go to gyms and work out like people do now. oh and studies show that those in hard labor jobs and more poor they are were more fat than those in office jobs who made more money.

Our great great great grandparents did not know what a calorie was, this is true.

but nobody is denying that there were and are people who can maintain a healthy weight without counting calories or knowing what they are.

If they consume less than they burn, they will not gain weight - regardless of whether they know or understand or count calories.

Most people in most previous generations throughout the world were much more active than we (we being the modern western world) are today and had much less access to as much food, especially as much high calorie food.

They were not less active because they didnt go to gyms - people in jobs of high manual labour or people in indigenous hunter/gatherer societies did not need to go to gyms (even if such existed in that time and place) because they burned off enough energy in their everyday lives.

This seems stating the obvious to me, not sure how you can not see it.