Did losing the weight make you look older or younger?

Options
katznkt
katznkt Posts: 320 Member
People always think I'm 10 years older than I am. Curious if losing 100lbs will make me appear more youthful or less.

Replies

• abelthephotographer
    Options
    I think it depends on who you ask.

Girlfriend - 10 years older

Mum - 10 years younger

Draw your own conclusions :)
  • carl_1983
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs this year after being 200 for a decade. People tell me I do look younger. I'm sure it could go either way though.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Every time I see people on here's success stories I'm always amazed by how losing weight makes them look so much younger! You will definitely look younger! :-)
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Younger. I once had one lady at the gym come and ask me if i really i am married with a kid because she thought i looked like a teenager, lol
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    I think it really does depend! I see some people on here with before and after pics and I'm amazed on how much younger they look! From a first hand expirance I no a lady who lost 30+ lbs and she's about 35 and now she looks about 45 that she's lost the weight. I think it varies!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Most of the success stories I've seen from people who have lost immense amounts of weight, have been that they look years younger after losing the weight but it would all depend on the person.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I've seen individuals who have lost weight who either look younger or older. I worry that I will look older as I lose weight because of some of the videos (youtube) I've seen where the women seem to look older. Again, it depends on the person.
  • micktbaby
    micktbaby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think if you combine a nutritious weight loss diet with exercise that includes a variety of types of exercise, you can definitely look younger. It's about the quality of your lifestyle, vitality and health make you look younger.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It depends on the elasticity of your skin and how much fat you carry in your face. It also depends on how you go about losing your weight. If you barely drink water and dont taake in necessary vitamins, you are begging for older looking skin. Plus moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
  • drgardnerva01
    drgardnerva01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Older
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I've seen individuals who have lost weight who either look younger or older. I worry that I will look older as I lose weight because of some of the videos (youtube) I've seen where the women seem to look older. Again, it depends on the person.

And how old you are when you lose it. Younger skin seems to be an advantage. So, if you are young, do it now :smile:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing about losing weight will be you will FEEL ten years younger! and not give a fig what you LOOK like 'cos you feel so great!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the method one uses to lose weight. Healthy vs unhealthy. Sometimes when peple go too fast or do a fad, they seem to look drained, pale, or just dry.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I looked older after, just cuz i lost the "baby fat" type of fat around my face hehe
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think it depends in your age, and how well your skin has aged. I think if you are older (over 60) you will (in general) look slightly older, but it depends where you lose weight from.

Personally, I'm always told I look about 17 ha. And I gain weight in my face fairly easily.
  • Garfy117
    Garfy117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing about losing weight will be you will FEEL ten years younger! and not give a fig what you LOOK like 'cos you feel so great!

So much this! I look older after losing weight - but I'm happier for it, and there's no way I'd go back.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When comparing 40-50 year old women, I think (in general) most women look much older when they are heavy and look years younger when they are at a good weight and are in shape.
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think it makes me feel younger so I look younger.
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Def younger...

I used to get "oh, so you're the older one?" "What did you major in college?"

Now its "oh, how's your older sister?" (they confuse me to be my little sister, who is 14 lmao) and "so are you graduating from high school this year?"

Huge difference.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    +1. LOL:drinker:

"I think it depends on who you ask.

Girlfriend - 10 years older

Mum - 10 years younger

Draw your own conclusions :)"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!