Did losing the weight make you look older or younger?

Options

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm not even 26 yet... but I personally think that the whole weight loss made me appear yourger. All those pounds make me look bad... and old.
    But my face was kind of baby like with those big cheeks. But still, I was mostly taken older than I was.
  • mez210
    mez210 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would say definitely younger!! If you ate right and exercised :)
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Younger for sure! I was afraid at my age (47) losing weight in my face would leave me with more wrinkles. I actually have less! I think a healthier diet, more water, and better circulation due to exercise improves everything.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My wife says i do as well as forum responses to my progress pics.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Younger...thinner people tempts to use younger people apparel usually and if it fits them good then they would look younger too, hydrated skin makes people look younger.
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a frown line that has smoothed out a bit since losing some weight from my face! I just noticed yesterday and I'm thrilled. So, I say younger :)
  • Kitteneyes01
    Kitteneyes01 Posts: 125
    Options
    If you're like me you look like someone else completely. Haha. It's a good thing I'm one of those rare girls with short hair, so atleast everyone could recognize me by that.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think I look a little older. I've lost quite a bit from the face. I thought my face was a little bit more cute looking when I was a bigger girl.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    100lbs ago people thought I was pushing late 30s, never got ID'd anywhere. Now I get ID'd, and told I don't look a day older then 18! I just turned 30!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look older by relatives that I haven't seen in a while, I always had a really round baby face and now its getting longer and more adult like with weight loss. For most people I have seen in the Success Stories I feel like they look younger.
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Older. Fat smooths wrinkles.
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    I really think it depends on how you carried the weight on your face before hand - some people when carrying weight in their face have a plump round youthful look and when they loose weight they loose that babyface and look a bit older as the skin loses plumpness. Some people when heavier have a more unhealthy saggy look with the weight so when they lose it they look a bit younger - the extra weight around the jaw, chin, eyelids etc goes. I have the latter problem - my face with weight looks more unhealthy and older - it just doesn't suit me. My natural bone structure in my face is quite angular so when I put weight on it didn't turn my face round and plump - it just went on in places that made it look saggier.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well my body looks much younger, though sometimes I wonder about my face as it is a lot more angular rather than wrinklier.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I look older or younger, but I certainly FEEL YOUNGER!!!!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Younger for me, I am often mistaken for the youngest sibling in my family when I am the eldest, needless to say this makes my brothers sooo happy :laugh:
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Turning 45 on Friday I can fit into my 1988 prom dress...I feel great!
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think if you combine a nutritious weight loss diet with exercise that includes a variety of types of exercise, you can definitely look younger. It's about the quality of your lifestyle, vitality and health make you look younger.
    If a lot of one's weight was in one's face to make it look fuller and when the person drops the weight, it means they will lose a lot of the fullness.
    Part of youthful looks is a fuller face, hence the use of collagen etc, fillers by the cosmetic industry to give a more youthful appearance.

Its not totally dependent of all the good stuff you listed, if at all, in my opinion.
    This, loss of facial fullness, can however be offset by the smaller size the person now sports, which has the effect of a younger appearance since younger people tend to be less overweight than older people. (well until recently hence all the hue and cry about it )
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My boss (hadn't seen her for about 3 months) nearly keeled over and told me I looked like a teenager, so I'm guessing as long as I get my roots done regularly and keep my wrinkly hands in my pockets.. younger.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I look 10 to 15 years younger.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    If a lot of one's weight was in one's face to make it look fuller and when the person drops the weight, it means they will lose a lot of the fullness.
    Part of youthful looks is a fuller face, hence the use of collagen etc, fillers by the cosmetic industry to give a more youthful appearance.

Its not totally dependent of all the good stuff you listed, if at all, in my opinion.

^^ this

Although I am slightly heavier than I was 30 years ago, my face is considerably thinner -- very angular and gaunt looking. Facial thinning with age is an inherited family trait in my case. Even if I put on more weight, my face is probably the last place it would appear.

Fat tends to plump out wrinkles, at least according to my friends who have lost significant amounts of weight in their 40's and 50's and found lines and wrinkles magically appearing. So weight loss in older years may be facially aging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!