"hate speech" on MFP

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    funny-animal-gifs-004-10-haters-gonna-hate.gif

^ story of my life...

...the whole walking barefoot on hot pavement part.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

^ story of my life...

Me too

.....the whole being a scaly reptile part.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I probably should just pack my bags and head for the MFP equivalent of "the island of misfit toys". I would hands down pick black licorice over chocolate or cheese any day, and I am way cook with having roasted Brussels sprouts and asparagus at every meal, including breakfast.

Wait, is it any coincidence that I look like a black Twizzlers?

Can we be married?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

^ story of my life...

Me too

.....the whole being a scaly reptile part.

Me too.

... the whole walking like I'm humping something part.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I can joke with the rest of them...............but belitling someone because they CAN'T have something is over the top, belittling and condescending saying I am better than you and it is total nonsense.

I am tired of seeing these jabs at people like myself that have bonified health issues as to why we can't and don't eat gluten.

You are taking something personally that isn't meant to be taken personally.

Yeah, because that is all I have seen on this site since I joined in late 2008.............I even left this site and then came back and the same thing still goes on.

Lets see who we can down, belittle and dehumanize today.

Y'all think life is all fun and jokes, its not. You shouldn't poke fun, judge or make fun or another person until you walk a mile in their shoes.

And I doubt if some of y'all could endure what I have endured over the last year or so.

Sometimes we see what we expect to see.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    stopsayingwords_zpsedf50ee4.jpg
    Is that an animal with a soul or an animal we can eat?

Who decided that taking a pic was better than helping the poor kid who's head was being eating?? :drinker:

Don't you know that's the way of the world these days. It's not about helping out, or stopping something bad from happening. It's about capturing it and getting it uploaded to youtube the quickest.

take the kid who was beaten to death with a 2x4 in Chicago a a couple of years ago. Many videos captured on a phone. Not one person tried to stop it. The ladies with the taser in Philly? That video went on a long time before someone steped in to try and break it up. Didn't I hear that the paparazzi were busy snapping away while Lady Di died before their eyes?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

:devil: to be fair Brussels sprouts, asparagus, black licorice, cauliflower have been "boo hoo"ed? before the trolling begain.. :devil:

Meh, it was only the hippies and racists boo-hooing. They have valid excuses.

I think we should all note that nobody is sticking up for the Raiders.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

tumblr_mcgjtyCmN51qf8btso1_400.gif
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

:devil: to be fair Brussels sprouts, asparagus, black licorice, cauliflower have been "boo hoo"ed? before the trolling begain.. :devil:

Meh, it was only the hippies and racists boo-hooing. They have valid excuses.

I think it's the GI Joe on their logo.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    While you're at it can we ban the word "loose"?

As in: I have a lot of weight to LOOSE on my journey.

And take "journey" with it :sick:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Mmm black licorice
    tumblr_m2hq583g9u1qcoa6s.gif
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    First of all, I wasn't talking to you.

3rd - My cats and dogs are not livestock animals. There are animals meant for eating and others meant for companionship. I know your not that ignorant, but rather being antagonistic towards me.

All the other sites have members that respect one another.

I know you're "not talking to me" but I have to point out point 3. As a pretty hardcore, dedicated vegan (evidently with a sense of humor and carelessness for what SusieQ ingests - I am a rare breed) I have to just say how hypocritical it is for you to call someone ignorant after dubbing certain categories of living, breathing creatures as live stock and others aren't. Why? Because companion animals are cute? Then in the next breath you say we should have respect for one another - why not respect animals, since they're the core focus of our diets (you and I in particular)? It seems more logical than saying, "The pig is ugly. We'll eat him but Mr. Whiskers is adorable so leave him alone." And on another note, telling people to respect each other when beginning an essay with "I wasn't talking to you" isn't very cordial, missy.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Can we also ban cauliflower? It's racist against the greens. Damn white supremacist vegetable.

Ban in ALL its forms. It dresses itself up all fancylike and tries to imitate breadsticks and potatoes.

It's not the cauliflower's fault. It used to a be wholesome vegetable. It was delicious in my cheddar cauliflower soup.

But then it fell in with the wrong crowd. Those who fear bread and pasta started to influence cauliflower and it lost its way. Sad really. *shakes head*

love this!!! D@mn, more truth in this thread than 99% of 'em out there!

Umm, no its not. Some people like that poster just want to put others down.

Some people can't have traditional pizza crust and choose to stay away from gluten free products so the cauliflower crust pizza is a great alternative for those of us that can't have the traditional stuff due to medical issues.

People should really stop and think before they post as they are putting others down when another person's choice has no effect on them.

Okay, that's it...

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE 'PALEO DIET' NAME WITH THE 'ANIMALS HAVE SOULS' AVATAR?!?!

ARE YOU EATING THEIR SOULS??? BECAUSE YOUR BUTTHURT IS EATING MINE!!

2nd, I am not on a "diet" but rather a lifestyle plan.

3rd - My cats and dogs are not livestock animals. There are animals meant for eating and others meant for companionship. I know your not that ignorant, but rather being antagonistic towards me.

I am not butthurt in the least. I am sick of seeing this ignorance go on. I belong to a few other websites similar to MFP and this site is the only one that allows this ignorance mess to go on.

And I see that it take at least 4 of you internet bullies to gang up on one person. Pathetic.

Ummm. I will assume that somebody pointed out that if you are posting publicly, you are indeed posting to everybody and their mothers. It is not a private conversation. If you want that, send a PM.

Now, I was wondering who determines which animals are for what purpose? I know people who keep doves as pets, and I know people who hunt and eat doves. Which one is correct?

In some cultures, dogs, cats, and horses are considered a delicacy. In other cultures, they are considered companion animals, or work animals. Which view is correct?

Is it possible that there is really no designated purpose for the different animals, and they just coexist with us, and we determine the context of their use?

Y'know these posts are really much funnier when they don't display as a red X
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow, yet ANOTHER thread chock full of useful indicators for who to block!

s4rtdu.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I know you're "not talking to me" but I have to point out point 3. As a pretty hardcore, dedicated vegan (evidently with a sense of humor and carelessness for what SusieQ ingests - I am a rare breed) I have to just say how hypocritical it is for you to call someone ignorant after dubbing certain categories of living, breathing creatures as live stock and others aren't. Why? Because companion animals are cute? Then in the next breath you say we should have respect for one another - why not respect animals, since they're the core focus of our diets (you and I in particular)? It seems more logical than saying, "The pig is ugly. We'll eat him but Mr. Whiskers is adorable so leave him alone." And on another note, telling people to respect each other when beginning an essay with "I wasn't talking to you" isn't very cordial, missy.

tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Kale! Add kale to the list!
    Ditto

I had pet iguanas for years. Kale is iguana food.not people food.
    And some tortoises like it, too.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Wow, yet ANOTHER thread chock full of useful indicators for who to block!

Feel free. Just remember, the ones you block may be the ones you need the most someday.

ETA: I'm not referring to me here. I am just a smartass with nothing meaningful to add most of the time.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free. Just remember, the ones you block may be the ones you need the most someday.
    ETA: I'm not referring to me here. I am just a smartass with nothing meaningful to add most of the time.

Sorry for being rude!
    Seems there's just quite a lot of petty arguing over nothing that goes on here as well as putting other people down. So many of long threads are like it.
    I got annoyed :D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Well, it's eating a boy with a soul. So when it's done with the boy then we can eat it. I think.
    But if it eats the boy's soul, then it will have a soul and then we can't eat it.

Or can we?

Is this how animals acquire souls?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Well, it's eating a boy with a soul. So when it's done with the boy then we can eat it. I think.
    But if it eats the boy's soul, then it will have a soul and then we can't eat it.

Or can we?

Is this how animals acquire souls?

I'm not sure about animals but that's how I acquired mine.