Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.

No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
  • ashliejones13
    Options
    who ****ing cares about any of this?
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    She looks hot. This isn't the same as the other mom, who captioned it with "What's your excuse?" (which, I can see the "fat-shaming" argument there, even if I don't necessarily agree). This woman is just flaunting her body, & she has EVERY right to, because look at it!! :love:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.
    No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

20131019_092511_zpse30d49d2.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

SO MUCH THIS!!

Not this at all. If her selfie had been accompanied by a message saying, "Anyone who doesn't bounce back from pregnancy like me is a disgusting, slovenly, lazy piece of crap. She didn't. She just showed pride in her own accomplishment.

Her pride in herself is not her negative judgement on others.

JUST STOP IT. RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE FOR MFP! IF ONE PERSON CAN'T LOOK 4 DAYS AFTER A PREGNANCY, THEN SHE SHOULD JUST HIDE HER WHOLE BODY SO EVERY WOMAN 4 DAYS POST PARTEM IS COVERED LIKE AN EQUAL! AND EVERY KID DESERVES THE SAME TROPHY FOR TRYING HARD! THERE SHOULD BE NO BENEFIT TO WORKING HARD! AND IF IT'S HER GENES, WELL, SHE JUST SHOULD HIDE IT ANYWAY BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS THOSE GENES BECAUSE IT'S SOOOO NOT FAIR. OMG OMG OMG OMG
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I agree!
    The only reason to be annoyed at something like this is because you feel guilty, and that is not the fault of the person posting the picture.

I'm not getting the guilt part. Feel guilty about what?
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Again, I'm glad I'm a man...

...so that my healthy skepticism isn't construed as jealousy.

(It's unfortunate that women don't have this same luxury.)

I actually think the discussion about her and what are and are not reasonable expectations for a "normal" pregnancy are potentially beneficial. And I don't remember that much jealousy (and certainly not "rampant jealousy") in the nine pages so far...at least not in a malicious way.

Thank you jof. I don't recall seeing it either.
  • flee228
    Options
    How come more ppl don't question whether or not the photo is real or if it'e even a current photo? I don't believe it's possible for a body to look like that days after birth. (Think inflated balloon and then letting air out after 9 months)
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Thanks for the photo! Wow, that is incredible. You had a waist and everything. See, now I feel more inclined to believe the original woman's photo is genuine. :drinker:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.

DERP. ROFL.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    meh someone's husband needs to give them more attention

LOL this was my thought as well.

Honestly I call BS on that being four days later. I know a woman who is a fitness trainer and her body looks SO much like that (minus the Victoria's Secret special up top)...but it didn't look like that 2 weeks after her child's birth. A month, yeah, it actually did.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How come more ppl don't question whether or not the photo is real or if it'e even a current photo? I don't believe it's possible for a body to look like that days after birth. (Think inflated balloon and then letting air out after 9 months)

I was one of the initial skeptics. That said, the answer to your question is: thorough pictorial history in Instagram. Those who have looked through it are more convinced that it is legit. I haven't actually looked at it myself, but based on their accounts, I'm willing to accept that my skepticism may be unwarranted.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I was wearing my pajamas in that pic because I had just woken up...but I wore skinny jeans home from the hospital. Size 2. lol My point is just that it's not impossible to believe that a woman who is very fit and takes care of herself during pregnancy can bounce back right after birth. Despite the weight I gained and the size of the baby I carried, no one at work even knew I was pregnant because I carried small.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    This world would be a better place if people would worry less about others and focus on themselves.

Arguably, the world would be a worse place if people worried only about themselves.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    10 pages of replies to this????

Who gives a *kitten*? Really?

My mother weighed less than 110lbs & wore a UK size 8 less than a week after having all of us (4 in total). She didn't exercise or diet, she was a busy woman with good genes. Where's her article?!?

Seriously, has the world really become that uninteresting that some random women get all this attention for looking a certain way?

That you don't see potential merit in the discussion likely says more about you than it does about everyone involved in the discussion.

(Now imagine if every topic included the input of those who were disengaged from the discussion. Noisy, no?)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't get your point.

Anyway, not here to argue, just wanted to point the post out to you in case you hadn't seen it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Honestly I call BS on that being four days later. I know a woman who is a fitness trainer and her body looks SO much like that (minus the Victoria's Secret special up top)...but it didn't look like that 2 weeks after her child's birth. A month, yeah, it actually did.

trust me, a woman looking like that is getting tons of attention at home.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

So a woman can't be proud of her own body without it being seen as a cry for attention?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This world would be a better place if people would worry less about others and focus on themselves.

Arguably, the world would be a worse place if people worried only about themselves.

Arguably, the world is a worse place when people worry about some random Norse soccer wife fake/not fake post-partum belly flatness and how it affects their lives, cutlure, society and rise of stress and angst rather than really worry about the deeper issues of others.