Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.
    No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

20131019_092511_zpse30d49d2.jpg

And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.

I was wearing my pajamas in that pic because I had just woken up...but I wore skinny jeans home from the hospital. Size 2. lol My point is just that it's not impossible to believe that a woman who is very fit and takes care of herself during pregnancy can bounce back right after birth. Despite the weight I gained and the size of the baby I carried, no one at work even knew I was pregnant because I carried small.

But you aren't asleep or holding a baby or any of the other things I'm assured come with having recently given birth. You must be lying.

Or rather I'm filled with skepticism because your experience isn't what I associate with new mothers, who are all the same right down to how fast their uterus shrinks.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.
    I don't get your point.

Anyway, not here to argue, just wanted to point the post out to you in case you hadn't seen it.

My point is there is more to postpartum than a belly that's big or not big. Do you know what happens in the vaginal area after having a baby?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.
    No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

I was wearing my pajamas in that pic because I had just woken up...but I wore skinny jeans home from the hospital. Size 2. lol My point is just that it's not impossible to believe that a woman who is very fit and takes care of herself during pregnancy can bounce back right after birth. Despite the weight I gained and the size of the baby I carried, no one at work even knew I was pregnant because I carried small.

And you didn't bleed?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I think they are referring to the panty issue -- that you must wear a giant horse pad after birthing for at least a month, maybe two, so sexy panties are a no-no 4 days later.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Man, I wished I looked like that 4 days after giving birth. I myself still looked 6 months pregnant at that point.

Good on her.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I think they are referring to the panty issue -- that you must wear a giant horse pad after birthing for at least a month, maybe two, so sexy panties are a no-no 4 days later.

Hah! I remember those, they were the size of a log :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    uhm, if I looked like that 4 days post birth, you better bet your *kitten* I'd be posting my pics. And, I get plenty of attention, before anyone wants to throw that out there. *eyeroll*
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Well, it would be unheard of for me to wear the super thin, almost imperceptible pads. I should have been wearing the ones that look like a mattress between your legs. lol
  • rml_16
    Options

Not *shouldn't*. Seriously, there's a LOT of blood four days out. Maybe not four weeks out, but four days? Biology is biology. You are not allowed to wear a tampon because of the risk of infection. I'm not judging here. I'm stating facts about child birth.

I know when they show it on TV it's all clean and pretty, but that isn't what really goes on in the delivery room.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    i wish my abs looked like that after my wife had our baby. OOPs did I say that. and Good for her for being able to maitain her fitness level
  • Achrya
    Options
    I don't get your point.

Anyway, not here to argue, just wanted to point the post out to you in case you hadn't seen it.

My point is there is more to postpartum than a belly that's big or not big. Do you know what happens in the vaginal area after having a baby?

It's wholly impossible she put on sexy panties for thirty seconds, perhaps with a normal pad being worn, took the picture and then swapped back to her larger pad?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    What ever voodoo she did for that body...,I want in

Exactly...i'm not jealous or angry or feel like she is personally putting me down...I just want to know how she did it??!?!? Particularly the no droopy stomach thing. That's freakin' amazing!

I didn't look like that at 4 days pp (still don't at 10 months) but my tummy doesn't droop at all. I think it's genetics and the fact that she had a tiny bump even at 39 weeks (mine was big).
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't get your point.

It's wholly impossible she put on sexy panties for thirty seconds, perhaps with a normal pad being worn, took the picture and then swapped back to her larger pad?
    It's unlikely.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

And you didn't bleed?

Not the person you asked but... I bled for 6 days, only 3 were as heavy as a period. The other 3 were nothing 2-3 liners a day couldn't handle. For a week beyond that, a liner a day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This world would be a better place if people would worry less about others and focus on themselves.

Arguably, the world would be a worse place if people worried only about themselves.

Arguably, the world is a worse place when people worry about some random Norse soccer wife fake/not fake post-partum belly flatness and how it affects their lives, cutlure, society and rise of stress and angst rather than really worry about the deeper issues of others.

To believe a woman's realistic expectations (and acceptance) of her post-pregnancy body is an insignificant issue is naive. To what end this specific photo and discussion affects that, I'll accept that it may not be significant...but I believe it may still be beneficial.

"willing to discuss" =/= "worry about"
  • rml_16
    Options

And you didn't bleed?

Not the person you asked but... I blend for 6 days, only 3 were as heavy as a period. The other 3 were nothing 2-3 liners a day couldn't handle. For a week beyond that, a liner a day.
    OK. I give. I guess some women are just really, really lucky. :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Well, the woman's panties were red, so...

ETA: oop. Red around the edges, anyway. :blushing:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    bad discussion to read over a bowl of chili
  • Achrya
    Options
    I don't get your point.

It's unlikely.

Is there a reason it's unlikely?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    And you didn't bleed?

As general information, Iochia (post partum discharge which isn't just blood) can last as little as two days and as long as 4 weeks or more.