more skinny rules...

Options

Replies

• silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    10 CRAZY FITNESS RULES THAT SHOULD EXIST

Crazy Rule #1
    1. If you order a Big Mac, do 10 pushups. Combo meal? Drop and give us 20. Ever seen an overweight person do 20 perfect pushups? We haven't either.

Crazy Rule #2
    2. Before you purchase luggage with wheels, perform a suitcase walk. Carry a dumbbell—choose one that equals half of your body weight—by your side for 40 to 100 yards.

Crazy Rule #3
    3. Sure, go ahead and buy that Big Gulp full of soda. But swim 30 laps—the same number of ounces in your drink—before you take a sip.

Crazy Rule #4
    4. If you take a taxi fewer than 10 blocks, push it for two of those blocks. Anyone who can push a cab that far easily has the cardiovascular fitness to walk 100 blocks.

Crazy Rule #5
    5. Use the elevator at work? You better be able to walk up five flights of stairs before you can take it again.

Crazy Rule #6
    6. Before hitting snooze on your alarm clock, complete 25 jumping jacks.

Crazy Rule #7
    7. Every time you order a beer, hold the pint at arm's length for 90 seconds before you drink it. Spill? The clock starts again.

Crazy Rule #8
    8. Stand for the length of a movie before you buy a ticket to see it. (Double the time if you plan to chow down on a tub of popcorn during the flick.)

Crazy Rule #9
    9. Before you lie down, demonstrate how to stand up with ease. Complete a perfect Turkish getup to purchase a La-Z-Boy recliner.

Crazy Rule #10
    10. Walk to your coworker's office to relay a message or ask them a question. Only if they're not there can you shoot them an email. Don't feel like getting up before hitting send? One dollar is deducted from your paycheck.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/10-crazy-fitness-rules-exist/story?id=21019188#all
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    zOMG, so helpful! Why did this information not exist before? Bump!

ETA: Must give back to this awesome community, so here's one: Never ever ever eat the yolk of the egg. Whites only!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    10 CRAZY FITNESS RULES THAT SHOULD EXIST

Crazy Rule #1
    1. If you order a Big Mac, do 10 pushups. Combo meal? Drop and give us 20. Ever seen an overweight person do 20 perfect pushups? We haven't either.

Crazy Rule #2
    2. Before you purchase luggage with wheels, perform a suitcase walk. Carry a dumbbell—choose one that equals half of your body weight—by your side for 40 to 100 yards.

Crazy Rule #3
    3. Sure, go ahead and buy that Big Gulp full of soda. But swim 30 laps—the same number of ounces in your drink—before you take a sip.

Crazy Rule #4
    4. If you take a taxi fewer than 10 blocks, push it for two of those blocks. Anyone who can push a cab that far easily has the cardiovascular fitness to walk 100 blocks.

Crazy Rule #5
    5. Use the elevator at work? You better be able to walk up five flights of stairs before you can take it again.

Crazy Rule #6
    6. Before hitting snooze on your alarm clock, complete 25 jumping jacks.

Crazy Rule #7
    7. Every time you order a beer, hold the pint at arm's length for 90 seconds before you drink it. Spill? The clock starts again.

Crazy Rule #8
    8. Stand for the length of a movie before you buy a ticket to see it. (Double the time if you plan to chow down on a tub of popcorn during the flick.)

Crazy Rule #9
    9. Before you lie down, demonstrate how to stand up with ease. Complete a perfect Turkish getup to purchase a La-Z-Boy recliner.

Crazy Rule #10
    10. Walk to your coworker's office to relay a message or ask them a question. Only if they're not there can you shoot them an email. Don't feel like getting up before hitting send? One dollar is deducted from your paycheck.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/10-crazy-fitness-rules-exist/story?id=21019188#all
    I like #10....#11 when talking on the phone always stand...or walk if you can.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I like your #11 -- I do that anyways, I'll end up walking blocks away while talking on the phone
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I do that too. Some of my conversations go on for miles.
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hide the remote control.

Beware of too much salad dressing.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any of the OP's rules D: this is not good.

Rules I do follow (for myself):

Drink NOTHING but water
    Always have your water bottle handy and gulp it down with every meal and snack
    Drink as much water as possible
    Measure and weight everything
    Don't go for that extra cookie
    Snack on veggies
  • Searching44
    Options
    No pizza. Ever. Pizza is the devil.

Except on Friday right? Please say I'm RIGHT!!!!!:sad:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    That's broscience.
  • Ortax
    Ortax Posts: 98
    Options
    Hey guys remember if you want to target fat on your stomach, then do a lot of situps and crunches to spot reduce. Also, try to avoid consuming too much of that fat macronutrient, because that's what makes you fat (obviously, hence the name)

And NEVER eat less than 1200 calories or else you will go into starvation mode and you'll actually store fat
  • missdrizz
    missdrizz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey guys remember if you want to target fat on your stomach, then do a lot of situps and crunches to spot reduce. Also, try to avoid consuming too much of that fat macronutrient, because that's what makes you fat (obviously, hence the name)

And NEVER eat less than 1200 calories or else you will go into starvation mode and you'll actually store fat

Hahaha <3
    I cried a little. I love this thread.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hey, all of these rules of poppycock! ::satire detector offline:: :indifferent:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    2 hours of cardio every day.

more like four!

I'll see your four and raise you two more.

while on 1200 cals a day

That's for bulking right?

no dude, you bulk at 1000 cals per day and four hours of cardio a day with minimal weight training...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    1. Only get your sugar from fruit...
    2. No carbs after 8pm
    3. eat six small meals a day to stoke the metabolic furnace
    4. Detox once a week
    5. eat clean non processed foods
    6 make sure you eat breakfast every single day. it is the most important meal of the day and jumpstarts metabolism
    7 drink 32 ounces of water a day
    8. Avoid starvation mode by not skipping meals
    No.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    2. No carbs after 8pm
    4. Detox once a week
    6 make sure you eat breakfast every single day. it is the most important meal of the day and jumpstarts metabolism
    No.

why not?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    2. No carbs after 8pm
    4. Detox once a week
    No.

why not?

Because most, if not all, of these things are unnecessary.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    2. No carbs after 8pm
    4. Detox once a week
    No.

why not?

but why?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    11. suppositories are the answer to everything.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    2. No carbs after 8pm
    4. Detox once a week
    No.

why not?

but why?

Because the tinfoil hat committee will congregate and camp on your front lawn and the toxins from all that tinfoil will seep into the ground, infect the water supply, and kill your entire family.