vn7u9GB.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mol3vr2GrT1sodo64o1_250.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Is there really a book called The Farting Dog?! I need to find that!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know there is one called The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Here, take a nap.

VskxosS.gif
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    but being lied to about Santa was just one factor of many that made for a ****ty childhood though.

and you can't assume that the people who raised you are representative of all religious people. I know a lot of religious people who do a LOT to make the world a better place.

I agree, I have known, and am friends with, many very nice christians.

My point was that a lot of people were saying that they didn't experience anything negative from it, but some people do. I did, in a rather dramatic way, and I have friends who did, but in a "why did you lie to me, I'm never going to trust you again" way.

The issue I have with this is telling children it is true, even when people know it is false. I just don't get it, I don't understand lying about something like that. I don't see how it makes anything more fun. My kids love the holiday, and look forward to it, and get excited by the gifts and mass quantities of cookies... but they know that santa is not real.
  • onmyown326
    Options

I HAVE THEM BOTH-LMFAO!
  • redladywitch
    Options

OMG. We had so many books like that for the kids. My youngest discovered why swiss cheese has holes in it....he googled for it....the bacteria farts and makes the holes in the cheese. :laugh: He was about 8 years old and still laughs about it at 18 years old.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    let them have magic. or hide away in a cave somewhere and don't let your kid out until he is like 11 when the other kids are over Santa. BTW- my 10.5 yo still believes- his position on it is - he could care less if other kids don't believe. As long as the big man keeps delivering the goods- he is onboard!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I've seen this one in Barnes & Noble...very interesting read :drinker:

There's also this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB6NbPwlY5TBmMowzJhgfF2zvKA09Rql2Wze4y0U1YB4dGOcH-2A
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

OMG. We had so many books like that for the kids. My youngest discovered why swiss cheese has holes in it....he googled for it....the bacteria farts and makes the holes in the cheese. :laugh: He was about 8 years old and still laughs about it at 18 years old.

I found them! Walter the Farting Dog! Where was that when my kids were little? This isn't it, but I thought it was funny. Too much seriousness up in here! :bigsmile:

dog+farts.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    but being lied to about Santa was just one factor of many that made for a ****ty childhood though.

and you can't assume that the people who raised you are representative of all religious people. I know a lot of religious people who do a LOT to make the world a better place.

My point was that a lot of people were saying that they didn't experience anything negative from it, but some people do. I did, in a rather dramatic way, and I have friends who did, but in a "why did you lie to me, I'm never going to trust you again" way.

The issue I have with this is telling children it is true, even when people know it is false. I just don't get it, I don't understand lying about something like that. I don't see how it makes anything more fun. My kids love the holiday, and look forward to it, and get excited by the gifts and mass quantities of cookies... but they know that santa is not real.
    I am going to take a stab at this, but I am assuming there was a LOT more to being upset about finding out Santa wasn't real than just finding out Santa wasn't real.

If your life and relationships are damaged or destroyed over that, you have much bigger issues going on.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So my oldest is 3 and asked me about Santa and Christmas. I told him the basic crap that everyone spews and I hate myself for it! Wh does he need to believe in Santa just to have it crushed later in life? Why set them up for disappointment later in life. Am I a bad mom because I don't want to perpetuate this myth?

Thoughts please.

Your poor kid...who pissed in your wheaties? I don't think kids are all that crushed later in life when they realize he's not real...my parents never let me believe in Santa for religious reasons and it still irks me that they didn't just let me be a kid and enjoy a harmless fairy-tail for those few short years when magic is actually real.

Personally, yeah...I think you suck.

Exhibit....I don't know which number we are on. But um yeah. Another example of being judgmental... (but somehow I am the only one catching flak)
    You're sweet but the people who judge me personally without knowing me are ignored. Shrug* I understand some people make these snap judgments because it scares them to think people may be doing things different from them.

Not judging you...you asked people on a public forum if they thought you were a bad mom...I was just answering your question as honestly as possible...sorry you didn't like my answer...perhaps you shouldn't ask questions like that on a community forum if you don't want people to actually answer.

:laugh: Isn't Judgmental to call someone else judgmental...If you are confused by asking for advice and receiving a OPINION then you are asking to be quote un-quote to be JUDGED:sad: :laugh:
  • redladywitch
    Options

I found them! Walter the Farting Dog! Where was that when my kids were little? This isn't it, but I thought it was funny. Too much seriousness up in here! :bigsmile:

dog+farts.jpg

I know! They have more books like that now. I get them for my grand kids and great nieces/nephews. LOL :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I've seen this one in Barnes & Noble...very interesting read :drinker:

There's also this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB6NbPwlY5TBmMowzJhgfF2zvKA09Rql2Wze4y0U1YB4dGOcH-2A

I haven't seen that one, either!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    This thread rolled? Lol
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    grumpy-cat-christmas-meme.jpg
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

I am going to take a stab at this, but I am assuming there was a LOT more to being upset about finding out Santa wasn't real than just finding out Santa wasn't real.

If your life and relationships are damaged or destroyed over that, you have much bigger issues going on.

There was more to it; it was in that post you didn't read.
  • rml_16
    Options

There was more to it; it was in that post you didn't read.
    I read it. I get it.

My point is you keep acting like the only issue here is kids "being lied to about Santa." That isn't the thing that made you upset about finding out he wasn't real. And it probably isn't the thing that made your friends so upset, either.

So letting your children believe in Santa on its own is NOT going to cause that kind of heartache unless they are incredibly sheltered and more sensitive than any other child who ever lived.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I actually have it. It's Walter the Farting Dog. I also have the "Walter" stuffed dog that farts when you squeeze it. My wife bought it for me....:bigsmile: