Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I like lingerie. Not all women do. If she doesn't like wearing lingerie and has never shown any interest in it, then I'm puzzled as to why her husband would think it's a good gift. But it's definitely not something to get upset over. It would be like if she randomly brought home a canvas and a set of paintbrushes and asked him to paint her a picture, when he's never painted anything and never expressed any desire to do so. It's a weird gift, but not something that should create friction between them.

They have a 9 month old baby, and I don't think she's feeling as sexy as she once did. I think she looks amazing, but it might have something to do with it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I like lingerie. Not all women do. If she doesn't like wearing lingerie and has never shown any interest in it, then I'm puzzled as to why her husband would think it's a good gift. But it's definitely not something to get upset over. It would be like if she randomly brought home a canvas and a set of paintbrushes and asked him to paint her a picture, when he's never painted anything and never expressed any desire to do so. It's a weird gift, but not something that should create friction between them.

They have a 9 month old baby, and I don't think she's feeling as sexy as she once did. I think she looks amazing, but it might have something to do with it.

hubby might (I freely admit possibly selfishly) trying to make her feel better about herself.

My BF doesn't really care (or insists that he doesn't) he loves me enough to want me to be comfortable and he is one of those guys who is completely blind and thinks I look sexy in sweats and sweatshirts- he's kidn of a sappy moron- but he would absolutely buy me something to try to cheer me up and make me feel better.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

Ah. As a mom of 2, I would agree that it may have something to do with it. It can be hard to accept some of the changes that come along, which others can't necessarily see when you are fully clothed. It could also be that she still isn't getting full nights of sleep, and expending more energy towards sex might be the last thing on her mind or list of things she wants to do.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love to receive lingerie.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think it is for everyone!

Makes me feel sexier and he likes to see it.

Would like to add that mostly my bf just think it looks best on the floor. :wink:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing there's more to it than that the lingerie gift bothered her?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?

I agree with you!
    I keep agreeing with you in the forums this week.

I wish mine would buy me some.. I always buy my own.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love it when my husband buys me lingerie. Yes it's a present for him too but what's wrong with that? Nice lingerie makes me feel sexy so I enjoy wearing it as much as he likes to see in it.

It's nice to think he's something and though 'my wife would look hot in that'.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

Even though I don't have a romantic partner and am 66, I like pretty and even sexy underwear, as long as it actually can be worn under clothing and I can go to the bathroom relatively easy wearing it. I buy my own but think would also enjoy it as a gift....:o).
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I would think it would be a compliment to her. He obviously thinks she is sexy enough to pull it off
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I buy my own with his tastes in mind. I figure it's a gift for both of us. I would NOT be upset if he bought me something, but he knows I'm particular about fit.
  • tabatharose60
    Options
    My first husband bought me lingerie back in the day. That was fun!

Now...well...I'm just a fat old lady. Not going there....yet. :tongue:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I love to receive lingerie.

How you doin?? :smile:
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I think it would be hot for my man to buy me something sexy! It just shows that he WANTS to see your body, and that would be taken as a great compliment :)
  • in4nomz
    Options
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Ok, to make this productive.

What are good sources for lingerie other than the odd stuff at Adam & Eve?
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Ebay, if you like to rip it up. You can find stuff that is cheap and cheaply made; good for one-time-use.
  • in4nomz
    Options
    Ok, to make this productive.

What are good sources for lingerie other than the odd stuff at Adam & Eve?

Frederick's of Hollywood is a top choice! Victoria's Secret is always a good choice, depending on how much you're willing to spend :)